Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Great ideas, although the scope creep here is fascinating.

The CSV export could be very useful in helping populate / update my existing spreadsheet. It's currently on Excel for me, but I would be happy to replicate in the Google suite if that would make data transfer easier.

Things I currently track like "did my upgrade clear and when" and more importantly, SQS / SQM earned through CC bonuses, would still require some form of manual editing.
Yeah, I think this project is going to turn into a new cowtool. Because I also track most of what you're talking about. And I don't really want to have all that intermingled with the PNR I'm tracking for a friend or relative, or the Aeroplan booking that has no impact on SQx or eUpgrades. Nor do I want CC SQM taking up space when all I want to see are my upcoming flights.

So... back to the basic saved bookings.

Here's an issue I see for myself:

SFO-SGN was flown. TPE-SFO has not been flown. But it's "out of order".

Should bounds older than some duration (a day, a week, ???) just not show up any more? Originally I thought the SQx math would live here, so I needed them forever. But if this would be better suited as an "active booking list", then flown bounds are probably irrelevant.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:53 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I think we're aligned. There are really two different use cases for me. One (ticket management & tracking) is probably better served by a PNR centric list of bookings. The other is more about flight management & tracking ... and for that, I would prefer a by-bound view. It absolutely makes sense to me to have those two be entirely different views (tools) ... perhaps with links from one to the other.

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 View Post
Great ideas, although the scope creep here is fascinating.
How about a cool integration to some flight visualizations? And there's gotta be a chatGPT angle we could work in here ...
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:59 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by canopus27
How about a cool integration to some flight visualizations? And there's gotta be a chatGPT angle we could work in here ...
ChatGPT is so yesterday. I want to figure out how to make StableDiffusion render "a delicious and professionally plated business class meal in the style of SQ". IRL.

But I don't really expect either in the CowTool.
canopus27 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K
I booked my ticket via RBC Avion. When I look up my booking reference in cowtool, I'm able to see SQD and SQM earnings. Does this mean there's a good chance I'd earn SQM/SQD or is it very much hypothetical?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MNLIST
I booked my ticket via RBC Avion. When I look up my booking reference in cowtool, I'm able to see SQD and SQM earnings. Does this mean there's a good chance I'd earn SQM/SQD or is it very much hypothetical?
I'd say it's hypothetical. Though if you want to send me the info, I can take a look and see if there's anything obvious that would indicate whether it can accrue SQx.

If I had to guess, there's some flag that says "ineligible" somewhere, and I can't see it, so I'm just looking at fare basis.

Edit: Thanks for sending it. I took a look and I can't see anything to suggest it wouldn't be eligible. But I also have no experience with Avion tickets. Good luck I guess?

Last edited by canadiancow; Feb 2, 2023 at 10:41 am
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:59 am

I think the different "tools" would just be different renderings of the same data, no? Ultimately there would be a record for each segment, and maybe a separate table that has a PNR view. Then a toggle to "show flown segments" will show/hide as desired. Separate queries (displayed with the list) can tally the SQx for the a given time period (or show % upgrade success, eUp usage, etc).
Old Feb 3, 2023, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I think the different "tools" would just be different renderings of the same data, no? Ultimately there would be a record for each segment, and maybe a separate table that has a PNR view. Then a toggle to "show flown segments" will show/hide as desired. Separate queries (displayed with the list) can tally the SQx for the a given time period (or show % upgrade success, eUp usage, etc).
I don't think "CC spend SQM" or "threshold eUps" is "the same data" as a PNR.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't think "CC spend SQM" or "threshold eUps" is "the same data" as a PNR.
Not sure how CC spend factors into things.

Threshold eUps would be based on a running total of SQM? So it would need to be calculated at render time, or else would need to be recalculated each time PNRs change.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
Not sure how CC spend factors into things.

Threshold eUps would be based on a running total of SQM? So it would need to be calculated at render time, or else would need to be recalculated each time PNRs change.
CC spend earns you SQM

Then there are things like UA flights on UA PNRs that I can't load anyway, so you need a way to manually enter.

And for threshold eUps, I can tell you which flight should trigger them. But you might want to actually insert the date they arrived. Or you have situations where flights post out of order.

Or in my case, I withhold crediting non-AC *A flights until I know whether or not I need them.

I flew a paid ticket last year SFO-YYC-FRA-CPH, and I credited different segments to different programs. So it can't just make a blanket assumption that every eligible flight on the PNR will count towards your SQM total.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 5:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MNLIST
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'd say it's hypothetical. Though if you want to send me the info, I can take a look and see if there's anything obvious that would indicate whether it can accrue SQx.

If I had to guess, there's some flag that says "ineligible" somewhere, and I can't see it, so I'm just looking at fare basis.

Edit: Thanks for sending it. I took a look and I can't see anything to suggest it wouldn't be eligible. But I also have no experience with Avion tickets. Good luck I guess?
See post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34723929-post175.html
Fare basis won't tell you, you need to check the fare calculation on Saudia.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 5:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K
Originally Posted by guessaaa
See post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34723929-post175.html
Fare basis won't tell you, you need to check the fare calculation on Saudia.
Mine looks like the second one so hopefully I'm lucky. Will report back when I finally fly in a couple weeks.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

I was looking at a lot deeper ticketing data than I display on the cowtool. I could tell it was booked through Avion (is that sufficient to know if it will earn?), but there was nothing like "DOES NOT ACCRUE MILES".
guessaaa likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 1:53 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Getting An error occurred. Check your input and try again. message.

This is for PNRs previously saved, and I know they are correct so its not my input
Old Feb 17, 2023, 2:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Ditto as wjw - unable to view PNRs.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Dunno. Something's up with the 1A source. Try later.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.