Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Mar 5, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by canadiancow
This is something that has been on my radar for a while (I usually credit UA to UA, and even on rewards, I want my AC on AC and UA on UA).

It's just something that impacts so few people.

But it's also something you can't really verify yourself anywhere prior to getting a BP printed by that airline.

If you come up with a proposal for how to display it (maybe just including segment numbers in a tooltip on the FQTV?), I'll see what I can do.
A tool tip with the segment number would work for me and could be hidden for most users/lookups as there would only be one FQTV.

It would also be nice to see if FQTR or FQTS was set, even those seem unlikely to be used.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Does FQTR always have a value? I thought it was just a generic SSR thrown in reward bookings. I've also never seen anything with FQTS, and would be curious to see how that appears.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 10:54 am

Does FQTR always have a value? I thought it was just a generic SSR thrown in reward bookings. I've also never seen anything with FQTS, and would be curious to see how that appears.
The IATA guide shows this for FQTR "SSR item advising the tier level of a frequent traveller entitled to service benefits while travelling on a redemption journey:"

SSR FQTR AC HK1 YYZYUL859Y20APR-1RUF/UWE.LH192001234567891/G

All 3 FQTx fields show the same format https://guides.developer.iata.org/v211/docs/fqtr​​​​​​​
Old Mar 5, 2023, 10:57 am
Original Poster

I'm not sure it's safe to assume that IATA==1A.

FQTV is all that's necessary to get your benefits on 1A. And it might be the only thing actually used.

It's way too hard to test most of this, but I wouldn't assume that other FQT* fields actually behave the way you think they do.

They might, but I have no idea.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 11:27 am

I'm not sure it's safe to assume that IATA==1A.

FQTV is all that's necessary to get your benefits on 1A. And it might be the only thing actually used.

It's way too hard to test most of this, but I wouldn't assume that other FQT* fields actually behave the way you think they do.

They might, but I have no idea.
Fair enough, I'm not exactly an expert on the topic. Just poking around the public docs.

Last edited by TechnoTourist; Mar 5, 2023 at 12:01 pm
Old Mar 5, 2023, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Well that's still on my to-do list, but for now, I think I have the operating fare class for codeshares showing? At least for one or two tests I ran, anyway...

It'll appear like "B (E)", the same way you might see "R (M)" for an upgrade.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 4:12 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Yes, FQTR is a structured SSR and is generally populated with the frequent traveller account that funded the redemption. So using Aeroplan it would be your Aeroplan number again. If you booked an AC flight with UA MileagePlus, AC would see the UA MP number that was used.

FQTV is all that's necessary to get your benefits on 1A. And it might be the only thing actually used..
It varies by airline and what they choose to reference. AC as far as I know doesnít use FQTS for anything. They may see the presence of a number there but they donít validate it against the name or get any status information. They solely use FQTV.

NH, SQ for example support both FQTV and FQTS and if FQTS is provided will use that to provide status benefits over whatís in FQTV. NH and SQ print both on your boarding pass as well.

UA for example only uses FQTS on its MP award booking including on AC, and AC doesnít fully recognise it. You need AC to add FQTV for your status and benefits to apply for example.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So when RBD is P (J) what does that mean?

Airline is TP. Their web site does not show clearly which fare it is, and it won't let me assign seats.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
So when RBD is P (J) what does that mean?

Airline is TP. Their web site does not show clearly which fare it is, and it won't let me assign seats.
Is that a codeshare?

If the flight number is "AC 1234 (TP 5678)" and the RBD is "P (J)" it means it's booked into AC P, but the underlying fare class on TP is J.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is that a codeshare?

If the flight number is "AC 1234 (TP 5678)" and the RBD is "P (J)" it means it's booked into AC P, but the underlying fare class on TP is J.
Indeed, codeshare. A bit surprised it would be J. Ticket was surprisingly cheap (but not to the point of being a mistake fare I would think). To the point that it was better to buy this for both of us rather than trying to get a reward for my wife.

Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Stranger
Indeed, codeshare. A bit surprised it would be J. Ticket was surprisingly cheap (but not to the point of being a mistake fare I would think). To the point that it was better to buy this for both of us rather than trying to get a reward for my wife.

Thanks.
TPs fare hierarchy is CDZJ, so J is a low fare for them.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by D582
TPs fare hierarchy is CDZJ, so J is a low fare for them.
Thanks. Makes sense then.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 10:00 am

@canadiancow, is this tool using: the API in this file uses: https://github.com/iangcarroll/pnrsh...pnr/request.go ? I ask as the GitHub account the other tools point to has a fork of this project.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
@canadiancow, is this tool using: the API in this file uses: https://github.com/iangcarroll/pnrsh...pnr/request.go ? I ask as the GitHub account the other tools point to has a fork of this project.
No. I forked it because it looked interesting, but that (the AC mobile app API) doesn't have nearly enough data to show everything that matters. And it's often wrong (just see the AC mobile app thread).
JJonahJ and IAD_flyer like this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
I have checked the PNR on our ACV booking and received this warning:

"Bad Booking" feature is in beta. If you are hesitant about this, feel free to post on FlyerTalk. This PNR does not appear to be correctly ticketed. Please call the ticketing airline to verify.

What's wrong? What should I say to the ACV agent when calling in?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.