Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Nov 28, 2022, 7:16 pm

Fascinating... So I just changed a partially flown latitude booking. Given this info:

Should I expect to have received a ~$170 refund? Because .... that's not what happened... I had to pay about $70. This was consistent with what the web site was showing but I was having some communication difficulty with the agent so I didn't manage to get the original base fare cost his system was showing to calculate that from.

Also... What does it mean if the Fare Basis is missing for a segment? It's a segment that's already flown so I'm not really worried but I wonder if this is why I was having so much trouble modifying this booking and had to call in.

EDIT: AHAH! I found the discrepancy. The 722 is actually in EUR, not CAD:

The rest of the numbers are accurate in CAD though.

Now I guess the question is... was I overcharged by charging it in EUR when the actual ticket I got was in CAD? Or is it just not recorded correctly and should be in EUR -- will this affect SQD? Or is cowtool just not picking up the currency from the right place?

Last edited by zkzkz; Nov 29, 2022 at 9:11 am
Old Dec 3, 2022, 9:58 pm
HHG

Thank you Canadiancow

I bought a complex ticket from an OTA . I was able to select my seats on AC metal with this tool. Many thanks Canadiancow.

P.S. I hope I will be in Canada on time without any delays/cancellations to fly to Africa as I will be flying from Japan right before
Old Dec 4, 2022, 3:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zkzkz
Fascinating... So I just changed a partially flown latitude booking. Given this info:

Should I expect to have received a ~$170 refund? Because .... that's not what happened... I had to pay about $70. This was consistent with what the web site was showing but I was having some communication difficulty with the agent so I didn't manage to get the original base fare cost his system was showing to calculate that from.

Also... What does it mean if the Fare Basis is missing for a segment? It's a segment that's already flown so I'm not really worried but I wonder if this is why I was having so much trouble modifying this booking and had to call in.

EDIT: AHAH! I found the discrepancy. The 722 is actually in EUR, not CAD:

The rest of the numbers are accurate in CAD though.

Now I guess the question is... was I overcharged by charging it in EUR when the actual ticket I got was in CAD? Or is it just not recorded correctly and should be in EUR -- will this affect SQD? Or is cowtool just not picking up the currency from the right place?
An exchanged ticket will not have coupons for flown segments. That's fine

It's also possible the value shown will only be for segments on the ticket. I definitely have an upcoming booking where the value is about half what it should be, but I changed it months after the outbound was flown.

It works much better before any segment is flown, though it's still valuable for many things on partially flown tickets.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
northerncoalminer Are you saying it DID work before?

The way it works right now (and I was looking at this recently because I know it's not perfect) is that for every marketing airline, I see if there's a reference associated, and if so, I use that. If not, I assume it's 1A. There are a lot of cases where, for example, there's no explicit LH or NH reference, where it is the 1A one.

But sometimes there's just nothing there.

If you have an example where the cowtool isn't showing a reference, but you do have the reference, and you're willing to share it all, I can take a look and see if there's something obvious I could change.

With a lot of airlines it doesn't matter though. For example, if you put a UA reference in the AC site, it will pull it up (as long as there's an AC segment on it).
Hi When will registration open again? Trying to get registered
Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
Cowtool saved my butt.

I have one of them one-way Latitude BKK-YYZ itineraries that were "on sale" earlier this year for cheaper than free. It's been through a number of timing changes since I booked it in March, and the flight number changed for BKK-NRT changed as well. (And they moved it from a 350 to a 777. Boooo!)

When I pulled it up in le tool recently, I noticed the TG codeshare segment BKK-NRT showed HK, but didn't show a fare basis or coupon. NRT-YVR-YYZ look fine.

Dropped a note to the concierge asking they take a look. They confirmed that somehow, that segment is not ticketed, and advised me to call my travel agent. (Booked through AmEx to use the Plat travel benefit.)

Called AmEx. Agent said it was showing confirmed and everything looked good, but I insisted, saying a tool I use is showing it's missing a fare basis and coupon, so it's probably not ticketed. After asking if I worked in the industry ("No, I just know enough to be a little bit dangerous.") he agreed to contact Air Canada about it and see if everything's cool.

Didn't hear anything for about 24 hours, but today, the same gentleman called me back and said I was right, that he'd reached out to AC and there was a problem with that one segment. He forwarded the matter to their ticketing desk, got it reticketed, and everything looks good now.

That's a much better outcome than showing up at BKK, where... I'm not sure what TG would have done in those circumstances, but time would be tight, and language barriers, and.... yeah. Best case is a stressful situation, worst case is having to buy a very expensive last-minute ticket back to Canada.

Without the tool, I could have checked this reservation on AC's website and TG's website until the cows come home (pun only slightly intended), and would never have been any the wiser.

Thanks, Cow.
Would really want to use this tool too but sadly cant register
Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:51 am
Original Poster

You don't need to register to use this...

Edit:
On another matter, I SAUA'd an LH segment, and... it didn't detect the underlying fare class, and was attributing 0 SQx to it. That has been fixed.

I also have a different FQTV for the AC and non-AC segments, and I really want to do something better for showing that.

Last edited by canadiancow; Dec 9, 2022 at 11:10 am
Old Dec 9, 2022, 1:25 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Hey cow, this may be an issue with the data coming to you from wherever it comes from, but the cowtool will list the AC PNR as the PNR for EY. It usually works on their website, but EY does have their own PNR.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 9, 2022 at 1:33 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Dec 9, 2022, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Hey cow, this may be an issue with the data coming to you from wherever it comes from, but the cowtool will list the AC PNR as the PNR for EY. It usually works on their website, but EY does have their own PNR.
Next time send me the details when you're experiencing the problem, not after you fly everything
expert7700 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 9:32 am

Any chance you want to take a look in your Data Source for Bamboo Airways PNR? Cowtool shows one that's the same as the AC one, but it doesn't work (and AP gave me a different one).
Old Dec 11, 2022, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zappy312
Any chance you want to take a look in your Data Source for Bamboo Airways PNR? Cowtool shows one that's the same as the AC one, but it doesn't work (and AP gave me a different one).
If you want to PM me both references and your last name I can take a look. It defaults to the 1A reference for anything it can't find (which historically worked 99% of the time). But I definitely recognize there have been issues lately.
zappy312 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 1:52 pm

You don't need to register to use this...

Edit:
On another matter, I SAUA'd an LH segment, and... it didn't detect the underlying fare class, and was attributing 0 SQx to it. That has been fixed.

I also have a different FQTV for the AC and non-AC segments, and I really want to do something better for showing that.

It asks me to register to be able to access AC Reward Searcher
Old Dec 11, 2022, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimaldon
It asks me to register to be able to access AC Reward Searcher
So nothing to do with this thread then?
canopus27 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 2:37 pm

So nothing to do with this thread then?
I'm new to this, I see it now. Posting in an appropriate thread
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Hey cow I see a glitch for connection time.

The ticket has AC004 NRTYVR departs 18:05 arrives 09:35. The true connection time is 1:25 onto AC208 YVRYYC departing 11:00. But the tool shows 2:55 for the connection.
The :05 and :55 suggests a subtraction from the NRT departure time!??! Really weird.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mountainboy
Hey cow I see a glitch for connection time.

The ticket has AC004 NRTYVR departs 18:05 arrives 09:35. The true connection time is 1:25 onto AC208 YVRYYC departing 11:00. But the tool shows 2:55 for the connection.
The :05 and :55 suggests a subtraction from the NRT departure time!??! Really weird.
​​​​​​If you PM me your reference/name, I can take a look. But I haven't heard of an issue like this before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.