Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Apr 13, 2023, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've put a bit more work into detecting bad bookings. This check isn't being run for everyone yet (it's unfortunately non-trivial to do, so I don't want to risk breaking the tool if it fails in certain cases), but I have a booking that now looks like this:

If I don't see any issues with it, I'll roll it out to everyone in the near future.

Basically, there are cases where UN segments are missing so much information that I don't ("can't" is a better word) even display them. But it results in you not realizing the PNR is a bit messed up. This wouldn't necessarily prevent you from flying, but it's definitely worth getting the PNR cleaned up in that case.

In this specific example, there was a Jazz flight that was cancelled and replaced by mainline. The Jazz segment is still there, but I can barely tell it was a Jazz SFO-YVR (I only know because I have the original booking confirmation email).
Old Apr 13, 2023, 10:54 pm

I'd create a "thanks canadiancow" thread but I don't want to run the risk of an ignoramus creating a "no thanks canadiancow" thread.
Xyzzy, OttawaMark, bual and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Another new feature that has been rolled out to everyone. These screenshots should give you a good overview:

Now you can add any text you want here, as reminders for ... whatever you want.

My example is to indicate the expiry date of the priority reward used on this booking (it's a real booking, though reference/name have been redacted).

I'm still thinking through how I want to handle editing of flown saved bookings (I had another one where I wanted to manually tweak the "bounds" displayed, but also notes). But for now you can at least add/edit notes for bookings in the future.
visitor, ffsim, Bohemian1 and 6 others like this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 8:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Not sure if it's my bookings or a general issue, but I am getting time outs when trying to retrieve 2 PNRs. one being a just a domestic leg in Japan and another a booking to Japan from Toronto. Both are Aeroplan redemptions I made yesterday.
They are accessible via Air Canada and ANA sites, so I know they are valid.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Not sure if it's my bookings or a general issue, but I am getting time outs when trying to retrieve 2 PNRs. one being a just a domestic leg in Japan and another a booking to Japan from Toronto. Both are Aeroplan redemptions I made yesterday.
Seeing the same issue on my reservations, one revenue booking and one Aeroplan redemptions.
wysiwyg likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 10:18 am

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Also getting time outs - but for all my PNR's, regardless of length / complexity.
ie) YVR - YYZ return

For all of them:
"2023-04-18T16:17:13.687Z f421d927-37ca-459c-b987-feda58cfef26 Task timed out after 60.01 seconds"

*Resolved now few hours later
wysiwyg likes this.

Last edited by CanadianMike; Apr 18, 2023 at 1:59 pm
Old Apr 18, 2023, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Also getting time outs - but for all my PNR's, regardless of length / complexity.
ie) YVR - YYZ return

For all of them:
"2023-04-18T16:17:13.687Z f421d927-37ca-459c-b987-feda58cfef26 Task timed out after 60.01 seconds"

*Resolved now few hours later
Sorry about that. Sometimes it just needs a good kick.

-----​​​​​​​

Pulling this out of another thread.

Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
right, I see now that on the summary line, where there's the name, ticket number, SQM and SQD, etc., if you do the math the total SQM reflects the 250 mile minimum ... . I had been looking at the SQM breakdown for each segment, which doesn't reflect the status. I assume this is so that the SQD division across segments by distance is accurate, which is a nice feature.
It's a little tricky. If you have two pax on a PNR, one with status, one without, the total lines will be accurate, but I don't really want to have to make the segment table three dimensional

Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
(although it treats it as if I had status for both OB and IN, although who cares about that)
Yeah that's just not something I want to support. It would require that you've loaded the PNR before flying the outbound with no status and again before flying the return, with status, and that I'd have to store way more data than I'm comfortable with
wysiwyg likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 3:08 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Sorry about that. Sometimes it just needs a good kick.
All good. I'm never too concerned, usually just keep trying. Just like to bring to your attention in case it's some larger backend issue.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 7:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Does anyone know if there's anything I can do on my end to fix the "An error occurred. Check your input and try again." message in the PNR viewer? I've tried deleting cookies but that's the extent of my IT knowledge. It was working until a few days ago. Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Does the booking exist?
Old Apr 25, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Yup - it's there on the AC and LH apps and websites still. I'm on an upgrade waitlist for the middle flight, which has shown up on the app and disappeared (still there on the website), along with my seat selection on the LH flight...maybe the PNR is haunted.
No big deal - just wondered if it was just me. Thanks for your work!
Old Apr 25, 2023, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lantern17
Yup - it's there on the AC and LH apps and websites still. I'm on an upgrade waitlist for the middle flight, which has shown up on the app and disappeared (still there on the website), along with my seat selection on the LH flight...maybe the PNR is haunted.
No big deal - just wondered if it was just me. Thanks for your work!
If you send me the info, I can take a look, and if there's actually a bug on my end, I can try to fix it.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Okay, yours loads now.
Lantern17 likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

After the massive schedule changes in the past 24 hours, I made a small tweak:

There are a few more things it looks for (like TK segments), and it now links straight to the reaccommodation page. Still a few more things to roll out to everyone, but I find this is easier than getting to the reaccommodation system through normal means.
Adam Smith and vancouver25k like this.
Old May 25, 2023, 11:07 pm

Programs: AC*SE
This is great! I can never figure out how to navigate into the accept the changes, half the time there is no accept button but it gets mad at you until you accept it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.