Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've also re-enabled saved bookings for all authenticated users. Please let me know if you encounter any issues.
I am signed in, but the box to save the booking is still disabled.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I am signed in, but the box to save the booking is still disabled.
Sigh. I'll look into it when I figure out what time it is.

Edit: Okay fixed...maybe?
vancouver25k likes this.

Last edited by canadiancow; Jan 31, 2023 at 3:18 am
Old Jan 31, 2023, 5:51 am

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM

Working well for me. Love the convenience and the at-a-glance of the SQM and SQD to come.

Thanks!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 8:28 am

Yep, works! Thanks again!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 12:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold

The checkbox is still disabled for me. I was timed out and auto-logged in again. I refreshed several times. I cleared my cache. There's no log out button so can't try logging in again. Anything else I can try?
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guessaaa
The checkbox is still disabled for me. I was timed out and auto-logged in again. I refreshed several times. I cleared my cache. There's no log out button so can't try logging in again. Anything else I can try?
I turned it off again because I got a PM about yet another issue with it. Sigh.
guessaaa likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 5:18 pm

it keeps saying my account does not have acces to cowtool. how do i enable?
Old Jan 31, 2023, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Hokay I've turned saved bookings back on... and I had to delete everyone's bookings again
Old Feb 1, 2023, 8:07 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Hokay I've turned saved bookings back on... and I had to delete everyone's bookings again
What are we paying for???

Seriously though, just added back some bookings and everything seems to be working perfectly. Thanks for adding all these features and details!
Old Feb 1, 2023, 9:38 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
For the saved PNR's would it be possible to list the full name (or even first initial) of each passenger? I have several cases where my family and I are booked on the same flights but under different PNR's and having only last name makes it impossible to differentiate which booking in the list is which.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Okay full names are now included (you'll need to reload any saved PNRs to populate that data).

In terms of turning this into a full SQx tracker, based on reading some posts in the thread about spreadsheets, here are my thoughts.

A basic plan would be to simply sum up the SQx for each booking, and tally it by year (bearing in mind one PNR might have SQx in multiple calendar years). You'd also be able to manually insert records that are "like" saved bookings, but might not actually be linkable. So you could insert a booking reference and last name, along with manual SQx data, and maybe a notes field (which would also be useful for saved bookings in general, like "Trip home for Christmas" or "Speculative NZ trip" or "PR expires on Aug 23").

However, based on old posts in a recently bumped thread, would it be useful to have more complex SQx math? Like "This trips earns you 20 eUps and a Priority Reward"? This is definitely a longer-term thought, but if this would be useful to everyone, how do you want to deal with something like this? I'm asking now so that as I have time just sit and think, and if I make other changes that could impact it, I'll try to take feedback into account.

Is it worth splitting each PNR by bound, so each bound is listed chronologically, like this for three PNRs (SFO-YYZ-SFO, YYZ-DXB-YYZ, AUH-MLE-AUH):

PNR ABC123 2023-02-05 SFO-YYZ
PNR DEF456 2023-02-05 YYZ-DXB; earns 20 eUp threshold
PNR GHI789 2023-02-07 AUH-MLE
PNR GHI789 2023-02-19 MLE-AUH
PNR DEF456 2023-02-20 DXB-YYZ; earns a Priority Reward
PNR ABC123 2023-02-21 YYZ-SFO, earns 20 threshold eUps

Or would you rather have something that only lists each PNR once, but still indicates WHEN things are earned, like:

PNR ABC123 2023-02-05 SFO-YYZ // 2023-02-21 YYZ-SFO
PNR DEF456 2023-02-05 YYZ-DXB // 2023-02-20 DXB-YYZ
2023-02-05 - 20 eUp threshold
PNR GHI789 2023-02-07 AUH-MLE // 2023-02-19 MLE-AUH
2023-02-20 - PR threshold
2023-02-21 - 20 eUp threshold

My long-term vision is to replace my own spreadsheet with this. So way more details (such as checkboxes for verifying you've actually received credit, etc.) would be necessary. I think I'd personally prefer the first version, where you see each bound as its own line.

Additionally, it might be useful to be able to specify how many eUps you used on a per-bound basis, to allow tracking of eUps. Though with the ability to request eUps any time, I'm actually finding a running total of eUps to be not super useful compared to the past, since it's possible you might eUp and fly PNR 1 Bound 1, then fly an eUpgraded PNR 2 Bound 1, earn some more eUps, then fly PNR 1 Bound 2, using those eUps. The number of eUps you have after a given flight, assuming no further eUp usage, is somewhat meaningless, given you likely requested the upgrade on PNR1 Bound 2 before booking PNR 2.

But I'm definitely open to suggestions.

And I suppose I'd have to make it downloadable as a CSV.

And on another note, if I have to delete the whole database again, I'll do whatever I can to make sure everyone can get the CSV after the fact, and actually put in effort to save and restore data.

Other thoughts: Given that this isn't going to be a "spreadsheet replacement" as of Jan 1 2023, I'm trying to decide whether I want to allow random editing of all fields, so you can add a completely flown PNR with the bound info, SQx, etc. This is likely going to be a question of whether it's "easy" for me or not. I think there's long-term value in the ability, but I also like not letting people enter random data.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 2:48 am

Programs: AC*SE
Without quoting the whole post, the first option is better than the second option. Especially when pNRs overlap each other - it's generally how my actual spreadsheet flows as well (although it starts with the date of the flight, and PNR is a rather minor data point), in this case starting with the PNR makes more sense... since in theory this is a PNR tracker gone wild.

All of the other ideas are useful (short notes, flagging a flight as earning eUPs etc), manually adding data (even just for earlier in the year flights, or something not accessible in the viewer). Validating that the flight was flown would be good, if there was a way to autopopulate the FIN that'd be neat (but perhaps way too many API hits for that).

I track scheduled times and realistic times, but if that was made venerable or automatically populated that's be neat.

Okay I'll stop being a good idea fairy. Really, anything is great, even just getting total sum, etc by segment or PNR would be great. As would CSV export (although since it prints in a table it's relatively easy to cut and paste unlike the AC website).

Thanks for building and sharing this thing! It's funny how simple things start to balloon.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Agree. I have a long-standing ex-Europe lat ticket ... so it's frequently (in fact, generally) the case that my flights are taken out of order or at least overlapping.

A view by bound would be much more useful for me.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Two things:

1. Apparently I am a bit jet lagged. I've been up for almost 2 hours.
2. Having split the whole thing out by bound... do we want a separate view for "SQx tracking" than we do for just saved bookings in general? I very quickly went from 14 rows to 24 when I split them by bound. There's also the "I have one bound that overlaps Dec 31 / Jan 1" case that I wasn't thinking about earlier.

So it might be easier to just have a separate cowtool for SQx that pulls data from the saved bookings on the PNR tool, but without any changes to how things are displayed in the PNR tool. I think I really do just want a view of all active bookings, so I can easily delete flown PNRs from there, but still have them tracked for SQx.

Then it would probably be easier to actually list them by flight, so a single bound with flights on multiple dates would have one line per flight.
plankton likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:40 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Great ideas, although the scope creep here is fascinating.

The CSV export could be very useful in helping populate / update my existing spreadsheet. It's currently on Excel for me, but I would be happy to replicate in the Google suite if that would make data transfer easier.

Things I currently track like "did my upgrade clear and when" and more importantly, SQS / SQM earned through CC bonuses, would still require some form of manual editing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.