Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jun 16, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
flyingcrooked I'm going to reply in this thread.

I could certainly figure out where the number is coming from. It's possible I have more data.
thanks [MENTION=599574]canadiancow[/MENTION]. I went into the long explanation only in case it was useful to you for some reason, I'm happy to track things manually. I seldom fly non *A metal so I know total SQD should equal total ATC. I think the discrepancy form requires me to break it down by segment but maybe I can punt that problem to AC (or just do it manually in the event of an undercrediting).

The closest I could get to the cowtool SQD was this: divide total fare for the return trip in two, add all the carrier charges (for which I received a receipt after flying the OB), then add the ATC fare charge for the date change on the IB. That seems wildly arbitrary but comes to just $5 more than the cowtool SQD.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 6:59 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Does this tool show any booking from an airline that uses Amadeus or only those affiliated with AC? (014 stock, or AC flight). Have a pure SAS fare (non-014). I thought it would pull up because of Amadeus useage but I'm not getting anything
Old Jun 17, 2023, 7:23 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by loganre17
Does this tool show any booking from an airline that uses Amadeus or only those affiliated with AC? (014 stock, or AC flight). Have a pure SAS fare (non-014). I thought it would pull up because of Amadeus useage but I'm not getting anything
No, it only shows AC tickets. It's not an Amadeus lookup. Try Saudia.
loganre17 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by keitherson
No, it only shows AC tickets. It's not an Amadeus lookup. Try Saudia.
No, it shows any AC PNR. It doesn't need to be an AC ticket.

​​​​​​
keitherson, nexusCFX and loganre17 like this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 12:53 pm

Hey canadiancow,

Not sure 100% if this is a bug in the PNR tool but it's definitely unexpected. One of my PNR with international flights appears to be showing the SQD and base fare incorrectly. On the one I made a couple of days ago, it is showing the base fare as 94.90 CNY which is equivalent to $18. This is on a revenue ticket with 125% miles. When checking out, it showed "You are currently on the China edition of aircanada.com" instead of USD or CAD, so not sure if that was the issue.

Last edited by amiapenguin; Jun 18, 2023 at 12:59 pm Reason: oops. moving to the pnr thread.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amiapenguin
Hey canadiancow,

Not sure 100% if this is a bug in the PNR tool but it's definitely unexpected. One of my PNR with international flights appears to be showing the SQD and base fare incorrectly. On the one I made a couple of days ago, it is showing the base fare as 94.90 CNY which is equivalent to $18. This is on a revenue ticket with 125% miles. When checking out, it showed "You are currently on the China edition of aircanada.com" instead of USD or CAD, so not sure if that was the issue.

What is the correct amount? Your receipt should show you. There is definitely an issue with certain currencies being displayed wrong (I know about it, I have an open bug to fix it, I just never buy tickets in anything other than USD or CAD so it's low priority "to me").

If you tell me it was actually 9490 CNY, then yes, it's exactly the issue I need to fix, and I do not need more information (but one day I'll get off my lazy butt). If you tell me it was 1234 CNY, then... I dunno... send me the details and I can look?
Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

And on that note, I think I've finally got "companion pass" SQD working properly.

I'm a little confused at the number here (it should be $99, but there was a schedule change and then a voluntary change...)

I have no idea if buddy passes will work now (my suspicion is it will inappropriately say SQM will be earned, but list 0 SQD), but if someone can let me know...

The segment table will show the "real" SQD per segment.

But yeah, I figured I should get this in before I fly the return of my companion pass and it becomes much harder to test.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I have a booking - YVR-YUL in August using a companion pass.. currently showing..

Ron.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Okay I also think I've fixed some of the currency issues. So... if you see a base fare that is off by a factor of 100, let me know. And if it's correct, great.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 9:04 pm

Looks great! The SQD is still off, but the base and tax tables appear to be correct. The table is showing 1/2 of what the PNR costs, but that may be because there are two travelers on the same PNR.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

No, that should not be happening. I'd be very interested to look into your PNR of you're willing to PM me the details.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 11:59 pm

Sounds good. I'll PM.
canadiancow and copiousone like this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
flyingcrooked I'm going to reply in this thread.
I'm still not sure what the deal is with that other flight (and don't care), but I just noticed something similar that I'll pass along in case it's of interest:

Had EDI-YYZ-YOW return booked, outbound Aug 31, inbound Sept 27. Latitude fares. The PNR viewer seemed to show everything correctly, including 1533 SQD. I changed the inbound just now to Sept 26, and the SQD dropped to 1136. (The total fare difference was $11). The PNR viewer shows this as CDN. I notice that 1136 GBP pretty much matches the total price, including taxes, for the flight in CDN (within a couple of dollars depending on what rate you use)

It looks like when I changed the itinerary, the PNR viewer started picking up the total spend in GDP and presenting that as the SQD (in CDN). Just guessing of course. Original booking and change of booking done from Canada.

Old Jun 20, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Any difference between HK and KK in the status column?

It is usually HK (Holding confirmed) with the eupgrade cleared, but in one of my recent trip, it was shown as KK (Confirmed). I believe it is still a routine advance eupgrade clearance. Has anyone seen it before?
Old Jun 20, 2023, 3:07 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
And on that note, I think I've finally got "companion pass" SQD working properly.
Loos great!

I used a companion pass on an upcoming trip and SQD appears to be correct. SQD for passengers are 181 and 99. So that appears to work. However, the table at the bottom only shows the fare & breakdown for $181 and taxes. Is that what it should show (just the one fare from the paid ticket)?

​​​​​​​PS: Don't judge me! That one way ticket was the only opportunity I had to use my companion pass before it was expiring! I'll make better use of it next year! LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.