Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Aug 20, 2023, 11:22 am
zam

It is Y but I am SE so the seating trick won't work. I booked the fully refundable Y fare United offered so I would have thought it would map out as at least comfort. That is what two AC agents also thought but neither or them could see anything in their system that could confirm that.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by zam
It is Y but I am SE so the seating trick won't work. I booked the fully refundable Y fare United offered so I would have thought it would map out as at least comfort. That is what two AC agents also thought but neither or them could see anything in their system that could confirm that.
In my (admittedly limited) experience comparing UA fare classes, it seems like refundability is often effectively a single add-on to an otherwise "low" fare class. For example, I've purchased an 'L' fare that was fully refundable but only accrued 50% SQM. It was exactly $30 more than other 50% accumulation fare classes, so basically a Standard fare with refundability. This was not a codeshare, but I imagine the outcome is similar when mapping to AC.

I wish AC offered something similar; I would happily pay $30-50 more for a refundable Standard fare with all the other usual Standard rules and benefits.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:50 pm
Company Representative, Cowtool

Another enhancement to the bad booking detector.

1. Negative connection times now show up. Previously, they showed the absolute value (oops). Even airlines don't handle negative connection times very well. United shows this as "-1h -39m" (negative, but the wrong magnitude). Air Canada shows this as "+ -1hr" (not bad, but every other connection shows the proper minutes, and the "+ -" is odd).
2. Zero and negative connection times now appear in red. Because they're bad.
3. The bad booking detector appears if it detects a zero/negative connection time.

This won't help you if a change breaks MCT. Only for blatantly obvious issues. But if the system will automatically rebook and reticket this, clearly it's worth calling out.

Old Aug 30, 2023, 10:02 pm

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
I'm seeing only partial data returned. After trying to fetch my PNR the tool show's PNR xxxx null as the page title and my flight info is missing:

Old Aug 30, 2023, 11:31 pm

Has every segment been flown? If so, that's "expected". I'm a day or two you won't be able to pull it up at all.

If not, and you want to PM me the reference and name, I can take a look.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
Originally Posted by cowtool
Has every segment been flown? If so, that's "expected". I'm a day or two you won't be able to pull it up at all.

If not, and you want to PM me the reference and name, I can take a look.
None of the segments have yet been flown. PM sent.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
UU is "Unable, have waitlisted". So maybe it was unable to confirm the upgrade, and stuck UU on it instead?

I'd be kinda tempted to cancel and re-request the upgrade to get into HL. I have no idea how AC's systems will treat UU.
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
I canceled and re-requested. Showing HL now as expected. Very odd. It would have sucked if they opened up R space and I was skipped over because it was showing UU.

Thanks cow!
Single data point:

I had a UU and normally I'd cancel and re-request, but 1. eupgrade errored out online and I needed to call to request in the first place and 2. P9 so I figured it was safe to experiment.

Booked in A, eup to J. A North America flight on the same booking cleared at T-14 days
Per PNR history, TATL flight changed to UU at T-7 days (R0)
Did not clear when R opened. Called in to reservations at about T-48h, at R8.
Agent looked into it for a while, then told me he just cancelled and re-requested the eup. It cleared immediately, and the flight is R7 now.
ffsim, D582, canadiancow and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 11:22 pm

Well no one responded to my post a few weeks ago about fixing up the way bounds are displayed.

I've made some further enhancements to that.

1. It does a better job
2. It displays both bound calculations (Amadeus and cowtool) on top of each other so you can see the differences
3. The cowtool version now calculates its own connection times. I don't yet want to replace what Amadeus thinks, so that will likely stay in the cowtool version for now. This was necessary for "merging" bounds (since there is no connection time provided between bounds), but it will fix any other "wrong" connection time issues.

This is still available on https://acpnrbeta.cowtool.com/, and it will be kept up to date with any other changes going in.

Long term plans are probably a toggle to allow easily switching between the two, which will only show up if they're different. If you access a saved booking on the beta site, it will use the cowtool bound calculation for the description of the PNR (which is useful for me, as I want FRA-CAI // CAI-FRA, not FRA-LHR // LHR-CAI // CAI-AUH // AUH-FRA).

Longer term plans are to try to get certain segments to show up that otherwise don't. The cowtool version depends on less data than the Amadeus version, so it can already handle PNRs that might not otherwise show any segments at all. If I can make further enhancements there, it should help with certain PNRs people have sent me where there are very clearly missing segments.

Here's my canonical PNR for this:

Xyzzy, CdnFlier, Bohemian1 and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 9:53 am

Programs: AC 50K
Well no one responded to my post a few weeks ago about fixing up the way bounds are displayed.
I neglected to respond, but I really liked the way the "beta" version displayed the bounds. Looks cleaner. I had been using it in this mode ever since.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What does it mean when some legs actually flown last, instead of having the "coupon" box showing "Flown/used," have it actually blank? With the subsequent legs showing "open for use" for AC and "airport control" for LH.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
What does it mean when some legs actually flown last, instead of having the "coupon" box showing "Flown/used," have it actually blank? With the subsequent legs showing "open for use" for AC and "airport control" for LH.
Have you made any changes since flying them? It's only looking at the most recent ticket, and if you make changes after flying, the flown segment isn't on the new ticket.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you made any changes since flying them? It's only looking at the most recent ticket, and if you make changes after flying, the flown segment isn't on the new ticket.
I made no changes *after* flying. However we missed a connection, and these legs which show up blank are the legs we were rebooked on and flew.

A bit curious if there will be an issue with Aeroplan miles, and with the remainder of the ticket...

(The compensation tool on aircanada.com could not find our ticket...)
Old Sep 12, 2023, 12:16 am

Okay, https://acpnrbeta.cowtool.com has been updated again.

It now has a toggle between the two sets of bounds. And if it's a saved booking, whenever you click the toggle, it saves it, so the next time you load, it will default to the last one you looked at. The bounds it uses for the display in the saved bookings also matches that, so clicking this toggle changes my saved bookings between "FRA-CAI // CAI-FRA" and "FRA-LHR // LHR-CAI // CAI-AUH // AUH-FRA".

I was working on "the important stuff", but I think as soon as I can get the toggle aligned, I'll push this out to the main site, to free up the beta site for something new and exciting.

Bohemian1 and TechnoTourist like this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 4:45 am

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott, BW, Avis
Okay, https://acpnrbeta.cowtool.com has been updated again.

It now has a toggle between the two sets of bounds. And if it's a saved booking, whenever you click the toggle, it saves it, so the next time you load, it will default to the last one you looked at. The bounds it uses for the display in the saved bookings also matches that, so clicking this toggle changes my saved bookings between "FRA-CAI // CAI-FRA" and "FRA-LHR // LHR-CAI // CAI-AUH // AUH-FRA".

I was working on "the important stuff", but I think as soon as I can get the toggle aligned, I'll push this out to the main site, to free up the beta site for something new and exciting.

Works nicely for one of my bookings. Thanks
Old Sep 13, 2023, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a booking for which on the cowtool, the value of the base fare shown as being in CAD is actually in Euros...

I could send the name and booking ref.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.