Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Sep 13, 2023, 5:32 pm
Company Representative, Cowtool

Originally Posted by Stranger
I have a booking for which on the cowtool, the value of the base fare shown as being in CAD is actually in Euros...

I could send the name and booking ref.
Sure. Hopefully it's something I can fix.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 5:19 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA PP, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cowtool
I have the same "issue" as virtually all my tickets on AC are purchased in Euro. I could be wrong but always assumed that the SQD will be based on the conversion rate EUR/CAD at time of ticketing (rather than time of travel). Unless the conversion rate AC used is somewhere hidden in their system and the cowtool can access it, I don't think there is an easy fix to it.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Smile Suggestion: Showing Flight # link in "Saved Bookings" section

It would be great if the clickable flight number could be made available on the saved bookings list.

I can't be the only one obsessed with seat maps? lol Sometimes I just want to look at the seat map but don't need to access the other PNR information. It would save a couple of clicks, and presumably reduce the need to query the PNR database just to load the flight map(s).
Old Sep 14, 2023, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
I have the same "issue" as virtually all my tickets on AC are purchased in Euro. I could be wrong but always assumed that the SQD will be based on the conversion rate EUR/CAD at time of ticketing (rather than time of travel). Unless the conversion rate AC used is somewhere hidden in their system and the cowtool can access it, I don't think there is an easy fix to it.
Actually I only have one with this problem. Other ones are fine.

This is one of a number of tickets EU-Canada-EU already purchased. However mine were purchased on the Canadian site. Most or all suffered a number of changes, mostly because of the cancellation of the YYC-FRA route.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by SkyExplorerYYZ
It would be great if the clickable flight number could be made available on the saved bookings list.

I can't be the only one obsessed with seat maps? lol Sometimes I just want to look at the seat map but don't need to access the other PNR information. It would save a couple of clicks, and presumably reduce the need to query the PNR database just to load the flight map(s).
I would enjoy this too, but it will the necessitate the saving of flight numbers and determining how that gets presented for a long itinerary.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by cowtool
Unfortunately, I just do not see any other numbers or currencies.

Originally Posted by SkyExplorerYYZ

There's something else I'm working on that could make this feasible.

Basically I want to start storing certain data so the PNR doesn't need to be re-fetched every time, specifically for things like that.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 9:53 pm

unable to load any of my PNR's today while logged in, I assume its a temporary issue. I was looking for a logout option to try logged out but i cant see one.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by ThePopes
unable to load any of my PNR's today while logged in, I assume its a temporary issue. I was looking for a logout option to try logged out but i cant see one.
I guarantee that wouldn't have helped

Part of the system fell over (again). I think I've actually fixed the issue this time though.

But it's definitely back up.
TechnoTourist and ThePopes like this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 6:31 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Cowtool bounds is showing a negative connection time for a flight I have waitlisted

What does UU mean? Hover says "Waitlist have waitlisted"

Last edited by TechnoTourist; Sep 18, 2023 at 1:53 pm
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Cowtool bounds is showing a negative connection time for a flight I have waitlisted

What does UU mean? Hover says "Waitlist have waitlisted"
Hmm. It should say "Unable, have waitlisted". And I'm honestly not sure what that means here, but I would not assume you actually have an upgrade request on that flight. I'd be very tempted to cancel and re-request that upgrade.

In terms of the negative connection time, I've mad a tweak to UU and US, so they should show up a little differently now, and that segment will show up separately.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 5:22 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
What does UU mean?
UU is an 'advice code' that is the outcome of an attempt to confirm a segment which was not able to be confirmed, but was placed on the waitlist. Advice codes like UU (and others like KK, KL, TK, TN etc) need to be 'acknowledged' in the PNR in order for the relevant 'status code' (e.g. HK, HL) to be shown. The underlying status code for UU is HL, however I would not rely on the hope that all business logic treats UU the same as HL.

The eUpgrade system is supposed to auto-acknowledge UU to HL, KK to HK, and KL to HK but sometimes does not.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 4:38 pm

I just deployed an update/fix to the bad booking detector, related to one specific advice code.

I've only seen one PNR where this would make a difference, but it's now correctly stating "This PNR does not appear to be correctly ticketed."

Hopefully that passenger sees it and calls their ticketing airline to get it fixed.
kalderlake and vancouver25k like this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 1:56 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Im getting timeouts at 60s. Not sure if this is just me?
Old Sep 26, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by wjw
Im getting timeouts at 60s. Not sure if this is just me?
Same
Old Sep 26, 2023, 2:04 pm

Should be back up now.

I somewhat see what's causing this, and I thought I had fixed it, but clearly not.
kalderlake and TechnoTourist like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.