Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Aug 9, 2023, 10:08 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I see that there have been a lot of "glitches" in SQD posting on the other thread so maybe that is the issue. This ticket has not been changed/altered in any way yet I still am short SQD--bigger system issue maybe?
Old Aug 9, 2023, 10:19 am
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
After struggling to determine which saved bookings were made through UA and which were made through AC, I'm now storing the ticket number for saved bookings.

I don't have this data saved, so it won't show up in the list until you load the booking again. But then it will.
Any chance it could save all ticket numbers on the PNR? Similar to how it shows all names?
Old Aug 9, 2023, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Finding the Cowtool still useful but wondering what the experience has been on AC codeshares on UA booked through AC corporate website? Glitches?

Aeroplan has given me 359 SQD on a 934.99 CAD (exclusive of fees and taxes) fare YYC-DEN (just the one way so far--the return will be 683.99 CAD)
Cowtool shows as 809 SQD each way even though fares were different (but in total it would work).

Any idea why the discrepancy. I will eventually file a discrepancy with Aeroplan but need to know that $935 CAD should translate to 935 SQD? Maybe I have been away from this too long and I am forgetting something. . . .

Should I just wait until the return posts to see if it all fixes itself? This will be an issue for upcoming RTW fare if they don't give full SQD for whatever reason.
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
I see that there have been a lot of "glitches" in SQD posting on the other thread so maybe that is the issue. This ticket has not been changed/altered in any way yet I still am short SQD--bigger system issue maybe?
The way AC has described it (and the way it has always worked) is that the total ticket price is prorated by distance for each segment.

So if you buy a $100 outbound and a $900 return, non-stop each way, each segment will credit $500.

Or if you buy a $935 outbound and $634 return, non-stop each way, each segment will post (935+634)/2 = 809.

The only issues with this tool's SQD reporting I've seen mentioned in this thread are related to:
1. PNRs where different passengers pay different amounts, like buddy/companion passes (though based on my last trip with a companion pass, this is fixed now)
2. PNRs with two tickets (per passenger), where it's only pulling the data for one ticket, but assigning the value to the whole PNR
3. Some weird cases where tickets are reissued/changed a bunch, and the underlying fare data is lost
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 12:23 am
Company Representative, Cowtool

I've been getting a little annoyed with how sometimes it thinks there's a new bound when there isn't.

For example, this is FRA-LHR-AUH-CAI, and then the same thing on the return. 2 bounds.

But as you can see, it's shown as 4 bounds.

That's coming from Amadeus. I would like to ignore that, and "figure out" the bounds.

For now, let's ignore all unconfirmed segments. HL/HN/TL/TN/UN/HX/etc... forget about them for now.

So we can start with just ignoring bounds altogether. That results in this:

Honestly, I'm not sure that's worse. It might be better. But it's obviously not good enough.

A very simple rule would be to assume it's a new bound if there are over 24 hours between segments.

That results in this:

And that fixes this PNR. Perfect!

However, obviously there are more complicated cases.

1. AAA-BBB stopover BBB-CCC - Should that show as two bounds?
2. AAA-BBB 26 hour connection BBB-CCC - Should that show as two bounds?
3. YYZ-YUL 8 hours later YUL-YTZ - This should obviously show as two bounds.

I think #1 should show as two bounds. Other than pricing, they're distinct components for upgrades, checked bags, IRROP protection, etc.

For #2, I have mixed feelings. On one hand, "I need a hotel here" seems like a reasonable way to display it. On the other hand, it's a legal connection.

For #3, it could also start a new bound on a fare change. Labc123CO turning into Kabc123FL is obviously a new fare component. But if you manage to have a short round-trip with the exact same fare basis, it wouldn't work, though something like YYZ-YUL-YYZ would be pretty obvious. But if you book YVR-YYC-YUL-YYZ-YVR, there isn't even an obvious spot to do it. And some airlines like UA love to sell SFO-DEN on one fare, connecting to DEN-YYZ on another fare, from a simple SFO-YYZ search.

Anyway, I'm just looking for feedback on cases I've missed, or thoughts on the "same bound, but over 24 hours", or "different bound, but under 24 hours" cases.

Thanks

Edit: The new (basic) behavior is at https://acpnrbeta.cowtool.com/. I'll keep updating it as I tweak things.

Last edited by cowtool; Aug 15, 2023 at 1:13 am
Old Aug 15, 2023, 5:00 am

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
On a single 014 ticket with starting and ending leg on QK in M and all of the other legs on AC in P, the PNRViewer shows a 50% COS bonus for
the QK legs.

AP gives me the published 15% COS bonus.

These are only 250 YYJ - YVR legs so not a big deal.

Last edited by YYJ _SLF; Aug 15, 2023 at 5:08 am
Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:25 am

What was the fare basis?

AC operated:
https://acsqd.cowtool.com/?ticket=01...0&surcharges=0

QK operated:

Both of those show 150%, and the PNR tool uses this to calculate earnings.

Edit: Also, they gave you 15% ??? If that's the case, they've definitely changed something.

Last edited by cowtool; Aug 15, 2023 at 9:32 am
Old Aug 15, 2023, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
Originally Posted by cowtool
What was the fare basis?

AC operated:

QK operated:

Both of those show 150%, and the PNR tool uses this to calculate earnings.

Edit: Also, they gave you 15% ??? If that's the case, they've definitely changed something.
This is from the activity section of my dashboard.

This is from the cowtool.

Edit to add : The majority of my trips
are mixed cabin. I mostly start and end at YYJ and all my AC flights are on a business fare basis (mostly low and rarely flexible).

Further edit : Are you implying that the COS bonus SQM should be based on the fare basis and not the ticket class? They are highly correlated most of the time but not for mixed cabin flights. If the implication is correct, how do I get my mixed cabin and my wifes mixed cabin trips corrected?

Last edited by YYJ _SLF; Aug 17, 2023 at 10:35 am
Old Aug 18, 2023, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Aphrican

Further edit : Are you implying that the COS bonus SQM should be based on the fare basis and not the ticket class? They are highly correlated most of the time but not for mixed cabin flights. If the implication is correct, how do I get my mixed cabin and my wifes mixed cabin trips corrected?
Nope, I'm saying cowtool is wrong.

But it's not entirely clear to me what you should earn, per the terms. I know what's happening on AC's side to cause it to credit as 115%, but I talked to some others with similar fares and they were getting 100%.

I'd be happy to make some changes (or anyone can - the calculator is open source) to make it show something other than 150%. But I'm not sure if 100 or 115 would be safer right now.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by wjw
Any chance it could save all ticket numbers on the PNR? Similar to how it shows all names?
You'll need to re-fetch the PNR for it to save this data, but it has been done.

vancouver25k likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 7:08 am
zam

Fare basis

Can anyone please direct me to a lexicon for fare basis or translate GAU5AFDM for me?
Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2023, 7:31 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by zam
Can anyone please direct me to a lexicon for fare basis or translate GAU5AFDM for me?
Thanks!
What airline and route is that for?
Old Aug 20, 2023, 7:39 am
zam

AC YYZ-DEN bought on UA stock
Old Aug 20, 2023, 8:10 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by zam
AC YYZ-DEN bought on UA stock
Assuming this is a UA codeshare on AC metal which means it’s a United fare…your question should be in the United forum.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 8:13 am
zam

My question is how AC will view the fare to determine how to charge for eUpgrades (and SM accumulation).
Old Aug 20, 2023, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zam
My question is how AC will view the fare to determine how to charge for eUpgrades (and SM accumulation).
Assuming this is for Y (I'm not nearly well versed enough with UA's up-fares to be able to read that), I'm 95% sure they're going to see it as a Standard fare. cowtool is pretty good (but not perfect) at inferring a brand.

You bought the lowest (non-basic) UA fare class. That's going to map to something similarly low on AC.

The easiest way to tell (if you're not SE) is to try to select a seat. If it wants you to pay for standard seats, they see it as Standard. If it gives it to you for free, they see it as Flex.
kalderlake likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.