Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jul 20, 2023, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
What's the specific error shown?
Old Jul 20, 2023, 11:08 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Maybe not "error", but red warning:

"Bad Booking" feature is in beta. If you are unsure why the next message(s) is/are appearing, feel free to post on FlyerTalk.
- A cancelled segment was detected that could not be displayed.
Please contact your travel agent or ticketing airline to have this fixed.
If this ticket was booked directly through Air Canada, you can try the self-reaccommodation system.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Maybe not "error", but red warning:

"Bad Booking" feature is in beta. If you are unsure why the next message(s) is/are appearing, feel free to post on FlyerTalk.
- A cancelled segment was detected that could not be displayed.
Please contact your travel agent or ticketing airline to have this fixed.
If this ticket was booked directly through Air Canada, you can try the self-reaccommodation system.
So specifically I was looking for the "A cancelled segment was detected that could not be displayed."

There's still a UN segment on the PNR, but the data is a bit messed up so I'm unable to sanely render it.

Also that link had me worried for a bit, but you know what you're doing
Old Jul 25, 2023, 1:14 pm

i was rebooked on a flight that results in a negative connection of 25 minutes, Cnx time shows 0:25
awating callback from AC to rebook but thought you might want to know
Old Jul 25, 2023, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThePopes
i was rebooked on a flight that results in a negative connection of 25 minutes, Cnx time shows 0:25
awating callback from AC to rebook but thought you might want to know
Yeah that's sorta been on my list for a while.

The connection time comes from 1A. I'm not calculating it. But I probably should be
Old Jul 25, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah that's sorta been on my list for a while.

The connection time comes from 1A. I'm not calculating it. But I probably should be
And flagging when inconsistent?

Actually, it may be nice that you indicate what is data direct from the API (or cache), and which is locally generated. This may avoid some support/debugging questions in the future.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

And flagging when inconsistent?
To do that, I'd need to calculate it myself. And that point, I'd rather just display the correct number

Actually, it may be nice that you indicate what is data direct from the API (or cache), and which is locally generated. This may avoid some support/debugging questions in the future.
Other than the distance/SQx calculations, everything comes from 1A.

Sure, the "bad booking" detector is all me, but that's an analysis of the data. Not manipulating the data.
vancouver25k and RangerNS like this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 7:32 pm

Just noticed that a trip I have coming up has 2 FF#'s attached to it, what's going on??
Old Jul 31, 2023, 7:59 pm
Company Representative, Cowtool

Originally Posted by GregoryMichael
Just noticed that a trip I have coming up has 2 FF#'s attached to it, what's going on??

FQTV can be associated by segment.

The tool does not currently show which segment each one is attached to.

But if this wasn't intentional, I'd suggest contacting your TA/airline.

(Apparently I don't have the post count to quote an image yet)
Xyzzy, YOWgary, YYC3722 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 9:38 am

Programs: AC 75K *G
I don't see a seat on my PNR on my flight (checked in) this PM but I have a seat assigned on my boarding pass.
The flight is fully booked. I have Holding Confirmed. Should I be concerned?
Old Aug 3, 2023, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tootsieroll48
I don't see a seat on my PNR on my flight (checked in) this PM but I have a seat assigned on my boarding pass.
The flight is fully booked. I have Holding Confirmed. Should I be concerned?
No, not all data after check-in propagates back to the PNR. This is especially true if the seat was assigned after check-in. You're fine.

I assume there was an IRROPS rebooking or something if you're in Y instead of H.

And good luck with the upgrade
tootsieroll48 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 10:28 pm

New feature: Check-in links!

I have to manually add each one, so I've done a few, but not nearly all of them yet.

Old Aug 9, 2023, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by cowtool
New feature: Check-in links!

I have to manually add each one, so I've done a few, but not nearly all of them yet.
I'm now picturing [MENTION=10139103]cowtool[/MENTION] manually going through each of my saved PNRs one by one adding the check-in link.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I'm now picturing [MENTION=10139103]cowtool[/MENTION] manually going through each of my saved PNRs one by one adding the check-in link.
😂

I mean I have to manually add them for each airline

I added all the ones for that big multi-airline PNR of mine, and United, and another random one (I think CM?).

Most of them have the booking reference and name embedded in the URL so should be "automatic", but at least one is just a link to the airline's check-in page.

Edit: I've added a check-in link to every airline that also had a "manage" or "main page" link, assuming I could find one. There are a few nuances there, but if you see an airline listed where the booking reference column has a real value (I have a PNR where the UA one just says "??"), and there is no manage or check-in link, I would request the following:

1. If there's no manage (or main page) link, please try to find one in an email or something else you've received, and send it to me. You can replace your reference with ABC123 and last name with "cowtool", or any other obvious substitutions.
2. If there's no check-in link, please:
2a. If it's AD or VA, don't worry, I'm aware. I need to find the time to re-jig some cowparts to make it work. Their check-in links requires more than just reference and name, and the system doesn't currently pass the whole PNR to this component.
2b. If you have a direct check-in link that includes your booking reference and name, please send it to me (use the same replacement instructions from #1 if you want).
2c. If you have a generic link to the check-in system that doesn't populate your reference or name, please just post that here. If it has any seemingly random string of characters in it, do not post it publicly. You never know when YRWCEVIBKKURFIBFYNG is easily decodable to "Scott Kennedy ABC123".
Aselwyn likes this.

Last edited by cowtool; Aug 9, 2023 at 1:16 am
Old Aug 9, 2023, 10:01 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Finding the Cowtool still useful but wondering what the experience has been on AC codeshares on UA booked through AC corporate website? Glitches?

Aeroplan has given me 359 SQD on a 934.99 CAD (exclusive of fees and taxes) fare YYC-DEN (just the one way so far--the return will be 683.99 CAD)
Cowtool shows as 809 SQD each way even though fares were different (but in total it would work).

Any idea why the discrepancy. I will eventually file a discrepancy with Aeroplan but need to know that $935 CAD should translate to 935 SQD? Maybe I have been away from this too long and I am forgetting something. . . .

Should I just wait until the return posts to see if it all fixes itself? This will be an issue for upcoming RTW fare if they don't give full SQD for whatever reason.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.