Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jun 20, 2023, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hotel 83 Tango
Loos great!

I used a companion pass on an upcoming trip and SQD appears to be correct. SQD for passengers are 181 and 99. So that appears to work. However, the table at the bottom only shows the fare & breakdown for $181 and taxes. Is that what it should show (just the one fare from the paid ticket)?

PS: Don't judge me! That one way ticket was the only opportunity I had to use my companion pass before it was expiring! I'll make better use of it next year! LOL
Everything other than the SQD in the passenger table will show for "the real fare".

I suppose taxes could be different, so that's an idea... but the amount of effort I'm going to put in for someone flying a once per year $99 fare is pretty low.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 6:13 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Everything other than the SQD in the passenger table will show for "the real fare".

I suppose taxes could be different, so that's an idea... but the amount of effort I'm going to put in for someone flying a once per year $99 fare is pretty low.
Makes sense ... just wanted to make sure it was expected behaviour!
Old Jun 21, 2023, 10:02 pm

Out of curiosity, what tech stack was used to make this tool?
Old Jul 11, 2023, 2:48 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Is this down or just me?
Old Jul 11, 2023, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

It errored once for me. I gave it a kick, and it loaded the second time.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 2:59 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Good kick. Fixed it for me too.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: AC E75K
Flights next summer shown off by one hour

Hello! I have a booking for mid-June next year, and the PNR viewer cowtool is showing the flight times off by 1 hour. The acflightstatus cowtool for the same flight shows the times correctly.

Time Zone Issues are of course the Worst Issues (tm), and DST issues are of course the worst kind of Time Zone Issue... but, just letting you know.

Apologies if this is already known, and I'd be happy to provide a screenshot if needed.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:22 am
Original Poster

That's...interesting.

But I'm not doing any time manipulation. I display what I received from 1A.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:30 am

Sure, I'd have been surprised if you needed to do any time manipulation. (And if you were, I'd be even more surprised if it was done differently in different years.)

It may well be a bug in 1A. \_(ツ)_/

A representative sample, for the record:

canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Short of pulling data from both sources (and the PNR tool is already slow enough...), I just don't know what I can do.

You seem to believe one of the sources, but not the other.

Schedule changes often propagate to different systems at different speeds.

So in the general case, I have no idea which time is accurate. And in the case of a schedule change, it could just be that one system shows the new time before the other system.

It's possible (though I am not saying this is what's happening to you) that the flight has been updated (so the flight status is correct), but that they haven't pushed out the schedule change to the PNR (and GDS, etc.) yet.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:51 am

That's true, thanks for the perspective. It'll be interesting to see if/when this resolves itself. There's still plenty of time for the flight to get rescheduled (again?) anyway.

FWIW though, all 4 flights on the PNR are shown to be off by the same hour vs what was advertised when I purchased and in the confirmation email. I'll keep an eye on it.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yulscs
That's true, thanks for the perspective. It'll be interesting to see if/when this resolves itself. There's still plenty of time for the flight to get rescheduled (again?) anyway.

FWIW though, all 4 flights on the PNR are shown to be off by the same hour vs what was advertised when I purchased and in the confirmation email. I'll keep an eye on it.
That seems to be the same issue I have noticed on aircanada.com. Bookings on eroplan vs. paid may have schedules differeng by one hour. Or maybe even schedules showing up at different times.

Then eventually you might get a schedule change message when looking at the booking on aircanada.com. Which is always a good thing. (Just mad eme save $1100 plus 30,000 aeroplan miles....)
Old Jul 17, 2023, 12:01 am
Original Poster

After struggling to determine which saved bookings were made through UA and which were made through AC, I'm now storing the ticket number for saved bookings.

I don't have this data saved, so it won't show up in the list until you load the booking again. But then it will.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 12:13 am

Once again this tool was extremely helpfull, Thanks Cow!!
The Macker likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 9:38 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I've got a booking in a couple of weeks where one of the segments was rouged. Same sked, new flight number. Sorry forgot the status, but it was showing correctly as unconfirmed, I did confirm with AC, and now though all segments are HK, I'm getting the "Bad Booking" error. And it isn't displaying the requested eUps (though, the same booking was a week ago)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.