Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Nov 5, 2023, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by LyricalMonkey
Thanks for offering help with this cowtool. I was finally able to get through to Aeroplan today and they assured me all is good with the booking. Rep tried to load it on the website on her end and had the same issue as me (endless loading booking details screen). She also sent me a pdf of the ticketing confirmation again. She said its most likely a tech issue on the AC side and I told her to report it to their tech team.

I'm thinking it might actually be some issue with their site/api. I have been having lots of weird glitches and broken sections on their site over the past month. Maybe while they are working on the beta site, they broke things on the current site/api, which is also not allowing these segments to load in your PNR viewer for specific bookings. But who knows? 🤷‍♂️
I’m having the same issue with a fairly complicated itinerary ticketed through UA. I was able to pull this up successfully with AC and Cowtool before. UA website still shows everything okay (UA code on AC metal) but unable to select seats despite showing AC seat map. The same reservation also shows up fine with ANA. Since they are both on Amadeus - I suspect it is an AC tech/API issue.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:50 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Just flew into my destination, and promptly changed my return to Nov 9th. Had to call in as app and website would choke at payment step. Unclear why, though I note I used an AC voucher for part payment. Agent made change, gave me a window seat. All seemed fine.

As is now my standard practice, I checked PNR on cowtool, and it (a) indicated flight is under airport control, three days out!, and (b) did not show seat number. Flight does show HK.

i called in, not very helpful. Agent claimed they talked to airport, changed my seat to aisle seat that opened up, but I still cannot see seat, still under airport control, and agent claimed all ok and he couldn’t do anything else. I’m concerned, does this ring a bell for anyone? I’ve emailed general concierge inbox.

thanks in advance, and thanks cowtool!

visitor
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
AC coupons will all be under airport control that close to departure. That's not surprising.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
AC coupons will all be under airport control that close to departure. That's not surprising.
thanks for quick reply. I’m surprised that three days out is airport control. Have never seen that or at least noticed with other PNRs I’ve checked regularly.

And seat not showing in record? Normal?
Old Nov 6, 2023, 11:22 pm
Company Representative, Cowtool

Seats should show up if they're selected through "reservations". Anything done in the airport system, or online check-in, might not show up. If you did this through the concierge, they might have used the airport system.

Does the seat map show them as occupied or available/blocked? Do you have any receipt that shows the seat number? Were you entitled to the seat with your fare/status? Your profile says SE, which leads me to believe you can get any seat you want on any fare.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by cowtool
Seats should show up if they're selected through "reservations". Anything done in the airport system, or online check-in, might not show up. If you did this through the concierge, they might have used the airport system.

Does the seat map show them as occupied or available/blocked? Do you have any receipt that shows the seat number? Were you entitled to the seat with your fare/status? Your profile says SE, which leads me to believe you can get any seat you want on any fare.
I’m SE and this is a paid J ticket. Seat map shows my seat occupied now. All I have is concierge email. No receipt.

Per your comments, sounds as if airport system has been used. Thx.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 9:27 pm

A change has been made so that WK operated by LX will now properly count the SQx.

I hope JacFlyer is okay with me posting the same screenshot as in the mileage run thread with the fix:
Old Nov 13, 2023, 9:58 pm

A change has been made so that WK operated by LX will now properly count the SQx.

I hope JacFlyer is okay with me posting the same screenshot as in the mileage run thread with the fix:
It's not the same This one is booked in Z-fare (deliberately) in order to get more SQD, the one the MR thread is booked in P-fare.
After calculation I think I'm still missing 100~200 SQD to requalify, I might need to drop that YOW-YYZ leg and buy a separate ticket to fulfill my SQD target.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 10:33 pm

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
I have a booked and paid for a multi city ticket on 014 stock and get the following comment in the PNR viewer :

Bad Booking Detector has identified potential problems with your PNR.
If you are unsure why the next message(s) is/are appearing, feel free to post on FlyerTalk.
- This PNR does not appear to be correctly ticketed.
Please contact your travel agent or ticketing airline to have this fixed.”

All of the legs, including the non *A legs, show up correctly on the app and on the website under their PNR.

Can you please remind me what this means and how I can predict my SQx so that I can error check AC / AP? The SQM look close but not perfect and the SQD look quite wrong.

I have no problem giving you my PNR and last name in a PM if that helps.

My wife’s simpler but roughly adjacent flights on a separate PNR look perfect.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by YYJ _SLF
I have a booked and paid for a multi city ticket on 014 stock and get the following comment in the PNR viewer :

Bad Booking Detector has identified potential problems with your PNR.
If you are unsure why the next message(s) is/are appearing, feel free to post on FlyerTalk.
- This PNR does not appear to be correctly ticketed.
Please contact your travel agent or ticketing airline to have this fixed.”

All of the legs, including the non *A legs, show up correctly on the app and on the website under their PNR.

Can you please remind me what this means and how I can predict my SQx so that I can error check AC / AP? The SQM look close but not perfect and the SQD look quite wrong.

I have no problem giving you my PNR and last name in a PM if that helps.

My wife’s simpler but roughly adjacent flights on a separate PNR look perfect.
It means that the tool either:
1. Cannot find a ticket for all passengers
2. Can't find a coupon status for for all confirmed, unflown segments

If you send it to me I can take a look. It's possible one of the checks is wrong, but I'd be looking in the eTicket column in the passenger table, and the Coupon column in the segment table, to make sure there's a value for each passenger and segment.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 8:02 am

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
It means that the tool either:
1. Cannot find a ticket for all passengers
2. Can't find a coupon status for for all confirmed, unflown segments

If you send it to me I can take a look. It's possible one of the checks is wrong, but I'd be looking in the eTicket column in the passenger table, and the Coupon column in the segment table, to make sure there's a value for each passenger and segment.
Thanks. PM sent.

I can use your SQx calculator to get close if it is not an easy fix for an admittedly non-standard itinerary.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Feature request: Include the currency on hover for the SQD under the "Saved Bookings" section (matching hover currency from the detailed view).
cowtool likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Quail
Feature request: Include the currency on hover for the SQD under the "Saved Bookings" section (matching hover currency from the detailed view).
Done, but you'll need to reload the booking to update that, since the information wasn't stored.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 1:05 am

Layout change suggestion: for saved PNRs, separate ”Load PNR” from “Delete” so that fat-fingered iPad/iPhone users (yours truly) don’t accidentally delete instead of loading! Maybe move “Delete” to after Reference or something like that.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by visitor
Layout change suggestion: for saved PNRs, separate ”Load PNR” from “Delete” so that fat-fingered iPad/iPhone users (yours truly) don’t accidentally delete instead of loading! Maybe move “Delete” to after Reference or something like that.
Another FTer asked for a confirmation dialog before deleting a booking.

I'm not opposed to doing something. But I while I don't care too much about the UI, I do care about the UX.

If I were to move the "Delete", I'd be more tempted to move it all the way to the right of the "Notes". Or I could add a confirmation dialog for deleting.

What does everyone think?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.