Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Please use/update this wiki with current problems/issues accessing or using United's website.

https://uptime.com/united.com

Previous posts - Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]
Print Wikipost

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2023, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I just booked a few flights on Unitec.com, but the trips do not show up under "My Trip" on the website, but are shown in the App.

I then noticed all the flights are show under "Past" not under "Current".

Anyone encounter the same?
Old Oct 12, 2023, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Amy recent reports on service in First Class on E145s?

Old Oct 12, 2023, 10:02 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Amy recent reports on service in First Class on E145s?

Pretty sure that 1C on a 145 is better known as "the galley" so self-service?

That said I've seen that frequently with OO's 175s (and only OO E175s) so I wonder what makes the website think it's a 145...
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 8:46 pm

For the past 2-3 weeks, Dot Bomb has suffered from total amnesia every time P2 and I log in. No matter how many times we answer the challenge questions and check off Remember Me, the website doesn’t recognize us when we log in.

(FTR, using iPad/iPadOS/Safari, which encountered no such problems in past years.)
Old Oct 16, 2023, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by beltway
For the past 2-3 weeks, Dot Bomb has suffered from total amnesia every time P2 and I log in. No matter how many times we answer the challenge questions and check off Remember Me, the website doesn’t recognize us when we log in.
Clear your cookies for united.com and then login again. (If you're using Chrome, go to the site, click on the lock next to the URL, then "Cookies and Site Data" , "Manage Cookies" and then delete all the ones listed.)
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by docbert
Clear your cookies for united.com and then login again. (If you're using Chrome, go to the site, click on the lock next to the URL, then "Cookies and Site Data" , "Manage Cookies" and then delete all the ones listed.)
I've been having the same issue, and clearing cookies has made, and continues to make, no difference.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:49 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tromer
I've been having the same issue, and clearing cookies has made, and continues to make, no difference.
I'm not that familiar with Safari's settings, but is it possible you've somehow ended up blocking cookies from United under the security & privacy settings? I'm assuming you're only seeing the issue with United.com and not other websites?
Old Oct 17, 2023, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by tromer
What worked for me (iPadOS, Safari) was going to Settings / Safari / Advanced / Website data and blowing away all the united.com entries, as opposed to deleting full history, cookies, etc., for all sites.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by exerda
I'm not that familiar with Safari's settings, but is it possible you've somehow ended up blocking cookies from United under the security & privacy settings? I'm assuming you're only seeing the issue with United.com and not other websites?
I'm using Chrome. The cookie clearing approach has worked in the past; however, with this latest round of not recognizing the device that started in the past week, clearing all united.com related cookies does not work for me...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 4:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Is the Mileageplus down for anyone else? I can't log into the nor the website. Anyone else?
Old Nov 7, 2023, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
Is the Mileageplus down for anyone else? I can't log into the nor the website. Anyone else?
When I was on the website a bit ago, there was a notice that they were doing website work and it may be unavailable. I think the expected time has passed now, so maybe try again?
Old Nov 7, 2023, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
When I was on the website a bit ago, there was a notice that they were doing website work and it may be unavailable. I think the expected time has passed now, so maybe try again?

Works now, thank you. Just booked 3 J seats for me and my family, wanted to pick good seats.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 7:54 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Am I the only one who gets new UI for booking page? It is so annoyingly bad UI which is really hard to compare different fares.
What's going on United! After your maintenance, it is so crooked.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Atuchan
Am I the only one who gets new UI for booking page? It is so annoyingly bad UI which is really hard to compare different fares.
What's going on United! After your maintenance, it is so crooked.
A screenshot might help for reference, as I don't see anything different on the booking page, besides a cart ID showing up once I pick out flights now.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
I have a very annoying bug at the moment -- whenever I log in to united.com on my MacBook air, the page turns white and shows nothing. I've tried three different browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) and clearing my browsing history without success. Does anyone else have this issue? I can still do things on my phone, but really frustrating not to be able to use my laptop...

Have to imagine it's only on my end, but the fact that it seems to be browser independent and not impacted by clearing cookies/browsing history has me stumped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.