Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:20 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
tried today

first time I've flown in this in CR7 with the Business Class Seats from JFK to YYZ, as others mentioned it is a very nice product, much better than coach, and OK for a short flight.

I purchase J fares From / to Canada, and it makes more sense now connecting through JFK/LGA/ORD/BOS having only (mostly) Eagle Services.

here some pics I've uploaded to my blog:

American Eagle CR7 Business Class

Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:06 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by capn_shawn
Don't be a fool. Fly the 777 from ORD>DFW, then connect to the late flight to SLC. Same price ORD-SLC on a CRJ in First and one of the last chances to fly the Flagship Suite domestically. I just love getting on that 777 when they call First and walking past the 40-60 people in the upgrade list...
That's going away in April though.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: AA-PLT; DL-Silver/AKA "nothing"; Hilton-Diamond;
Originally Posted by CubsFanJohn
That's going away in April though.
Yes, I know. Why else would I tell all of FT that they can have one of the few F seats on a 777 for $495.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by anabolism
I was thinking maybe 2A might have more legroom.
Had 1A yesterday from JFK-BOS. My legs felt cramped. On my previous flights on this aircraft, I was in rows 2+ (still in first) and found the legroom to be much better.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:51 am

Flying YYZ-ORD-DCA in F

Hi I have never flown Domestic F on AA before. Usually fly US Airways but wanted to give AA a shot. I hear their F service is better than most. Anything to expect differently on these relatively short flights? Both of my flights are on a CRJ.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Hi I have never flown Domestic F on AA before. Usually fly US Airways but wanted to give AA a shot. I hear their F service is better than most. Anything to expect differently on these relatively short flights? Both of my flights are on a CRJ.
The F on a CRJ isn't anything overwhelming. It's a bigger seat, free drinks, and perhaps a snack.

Overall, I've found Eagle FAs to be attentive in service... maybe a bit more so in F. But, IMHO, it wouldn't be fair to compare CRJ F service (or comfort) to other domestic service (or comfort).
Old Mar 25, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Enjoyed the CR7 in J YYZ-JFK.Just wish they would put these seats into the 757's.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 1:44 pm

For those who care, Eagle will take delivery of the last of their current order of CRJ-700's next month (April), bringing the total to 47 of this type in the fleet.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:15 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by allga
For those who care, Eagle will take delivery of the last of their current order of CRJ-700's next month (April), bringing the total to 47 of this type in the fleet.
I care! Just wish we'd see some on RDU-JFK. It sucks that if you have a F/J award you are stuck in Y on the first segment.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allga
I'm hoping that AA and the APA can reach an agreement that would permit AA/Eagle to add about 100 70-100 seat Embraer jets. UA and DL fly far more two-class large RJs than the 47 70-seaters at Eagle.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
The E-170's and E-190s aren't classified as RJ's, Skywest doesn't fly's anything larger then CRJ-900.

AA/Eagle has had this issue for years, the E-175's would fit right in with Eagle.

Originally Posted by FWAAA
I'm hoping that AA and the APA can reach an agreement that would permit AA/Eagle to add about 100 70-100 seat Embraer jets. UA and DL fly far more two-class large RJs than the 47 70-seaters at Eagle.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA LFT. PLAT
N544EA was flown from CYMX-KDFW as MQ9800. I believe this marks the last delivery for this order.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
LGA-CLT-LGA this week didn't have nuts in a ramekin. Instead, the BOB from Y was offered. Is this a change or a two-off catering error?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, AA LT Gold
I did JFK-DCA in 3A on CRJ-700 yesterday. I thought the seats were nice and the cabin service was attentive overall.

Has anyone noticed the awekward alignments of windows on the CRJ7 both in first and at least the front of economy. Windows come at bigger than usual intervals, so I could look out from 3A only at significant recline.

First was almost empty, with me and another pax on board initially. Both of us were upgrades. Then 4 loud and chatty AA EEs joined right before take off... Have those new seats been getting any revenue? I flew at close of business on a Friday, and expected to see higher loads.

Jackets were collected pre-departure, and distrubuted after landing. Is this std practice on AA? Delta always gives jackets back just prior to touch down?

The Eagle purser had a very strong accent, to the point where most of the announcements were not easy to understand. They provided excellent personal service though.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA CK, AC Super Elite, DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Tried the new F seat...terrific! As a hedge, try to book seats 5 c-d in coach if you can...awesome legroom (though a bulkhead) and it's a great fallback if the UPG doesn't happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.