Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Did you try it? If so, how was it?
If it's the one with couscous, it was IMO disgusting..
Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: AC SE
I didn't try it, but it looked good and after being disappointed again by shoe-leather style beef, I was thinking I should have tried it. The green curry was served with rice (so doesn't appear to be the same as the couscous meal).
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: AC S100K
I tried the curried chicken and...

...the best I can say is: it's not for everyone.

This is a bit ironic, since, in many establishments, the chicken dish is there for those who don't know what to order.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 4:51 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold

Not sure if this is a new standard but on 479 this morning, fruit plate, yogourt and warm croissant for everyone in J' -no eggs. Also, no headset service
Old Oct 19, 2014, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
Not sure if this is a new standard but on 479 this morning, fruit plate, yogourt and warm croissant for everyone in J' -no eggs. Also, no headset service
Oh no!!! I hope this isn't the new standard!
Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Oh no!!! I hope this isn't the new standard!
I too hope this is not a new standard. That said, the service on YOW-YYZ often had to be rushed (and often requiring two FAs) and I'd say that 25% of the time, I was served eggs that were still partly frozen - so this could be a time saving measure as much as a cost saving measure. Again, hopefully this was a one-off...
Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:31 am
Suspended

I too hope this is not a new standard. That said, the service on YOW-YYZ often had to be rushed (and often requiring two FAs) and I'd say that 25% of the time, I was served eggs that were still partly frozen - so this could be a time saving measure as much as a cost saving measure. Again, hopefully this was a one-off...
Agreed. I haven't done a one hour flight in the AM, but looking at page 1 from Andrew in 2009 (it's dated so it could have changed"):

Short Haul (0:46 - 1:59)

0500 - 0959: Hot breakfast (Omelet + fruit + yogurt)

So, hopefully as you mentioned, it was a time constraint!
Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:03 pm

Sadly, this appears to be the new standard, at least YOW-YYZ, as we were served the cheese plate this afternoon. I made a comment to the SD, who responded that this was just implemented, as she also needs to help the other FA with Y service. Looks like a consequence of the new FA/Pax ratios
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Sadly, this appears to be the new standard, at least YOW-YYZ, as we were served the cheese plate this afternoon. I made a comment to the SD, who responded that this was just implemented, as she also needs to help the other FA with Y service. Looks like a consequence of the new FA/Pax ratios
Yikes. I hope this is for short hauls only that there's no longer a hot bfast.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Yikes. I hope this is for short hauls only that there's no longer a hot bfast.
Hopefully. In any case, the OP should be updated by Andrew, where applicable, to reflect updated service.

A bit OT but although staff were very friendly on both flights today, the service was well below what I have been used to on this Rapidair route. On both flights, they did not hand back the jackets (and in one case I even had to open the closet myself). Not that I care as I have my own, but headsets were not offered in J (and not available for sale in Y). Initial service shortly after departure and SD barely had time to check-in for additional drink orders.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:07 am

What can I expect as a "snack" on short-haul flights departing after 10:00 am?
I'm on 446 (YYZ-YOW) in a few days, which departs at 10:10 am, and it's been a while since I've been on this route.
Hopefully it's not the stupid cheese plate...
Also, is it correct that short haul breakfast flights (YYZ-YOW for example) don't get the omelette anymore?

Last edited by agjil; Oct 25, 2014 at 12:24 am
Old Oct 25, 2014, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by agjil
Also, is it correct that short haul breakfast flights (YYZ-YOW for example) don't get the omelette anymore?
Afaik the continental breakfast standard only applies to the YYZ-YOW route and not short-haul flights in general.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I like how crews seemingly circumvent the "Flex Meal Option" by asking for meal orders WAY after takeoff so by that time it's already too late to get your meal soon after take off.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I like how crews seemingly circumvent the "Flex Meal Option" by asking for meal orders WAY after takeoff so by that time it's already too late to get your meal soon after take off.
I have found asking during boarding the SD if you want your meal at a certain time in the air to be helpful, and pointing out that you are educated on the flex meal option.

But I do agree you shouldn't have to be proactive regarding this.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
What about a 9pm from YVR to YEG in J? The initial post suggests a plated snack but perhaps this has been downgraded?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.