Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
All I ask for is a change once in a while. Never mind, I will do what I normally do. Skip the second offerring. Enjoy your balsamic luxury. Sunday, I will pack a light French mustard dressing in my cosmetic bag. Less than 100 ml.

Jasper, I accept your offer.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I really enjoy the vinaigrette, actually, but the salad often is strewn with bell peppers which I can't eat in confined spaces. It doesn't take much to liquify the olive oil. My homemade olive oil vinaigrettes turn solid in the refrigerator (it's not "frozen"). Just hold the little bottle in your hand a few minutes and it should liquify - though I agree they should un-refrigerate it on time in the galley.
I also like the breads but the whole heat-up-the-bread task seems to be too complicated for some crews, and what we end up with is biscotti. Warm = good, overarmed = stale. Like unrefrigerating the vinaigrette, timing seems off for some crews.
The warming bread issue - a few variables that you may not be aware of. Some 767's and 777 HD's do not have available oven space, and certain breads while we try to take the chill off, were not meant to be heated. Most notably - Ciabatta bread ex FCO/MXP and Baguettes ex CDG. I have never once had heated bread in any restaurant in Italy.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Was op-upd into J from Chicago the other evening along with a non-status friend. We were served chicken pot pie with a mango salad.

As I don't usually bother with upgrading or buying into J on short <2 hour flights, it was pretty good for what it was.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Ciabatta and baguettes sound delicious. I can't recall what I'd had bread wise from LHR, FRA and CDG, but I have only encountered one bread in North America, on rouge to MCO and to mainline destinations like FLL, PHX, LAX, YYC, and that is a little roll like a fat short cigar that looks ACE Bakery-ish. They always seem to be asking me to choose from the basket, and I assume some are white and some are whole wheat, but I can't see any difference. The reheat on the roll is just right 25% of the time, and the rest of the time is anywhere from a-little-bit-hard to teething-biscuit-ish.
I'd rather see them get a bun that doesn't need warming if they can't get it out of the warmer in time for passengers who can't chew large rocks. If I want the bread enough, I can gnaw my way through it, but someone like my mother would not be able to manage it.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Do FAs get to decide if they feel like using tablecloths in J, or is it that they don't prepare them before serving J meals if the tablecloths were not loaded onto the aircraft?

This is another case of consistently inconsistent. I would say 10% of my flights the FAs do not use tablecloths.

Also, why is that when they use tablecloths, they sometimes have the button holes, but the napkins don't have buttonholes? Are they sometimes using napkins as tablecloths?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:54 am
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Updated initial post.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
Updated initial post.
Thanks!^

Just a quick question: Based on your post one should expect breakfast to be served on the late-departure flights such as YYZ-YEG flight (AC135), YYZ-YYC (AC141) and YYZ-YVR (AC151). Is this correct (wouldn't seem to make much sense IMO) or is an exception made for those late-departure westbound flights?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:12 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thanks!^

Just a quick question: Based on your post one should expect breakfast to be served on the late-departure flights such as YYZ-YEG flight (AC135), YYZ-YYC (AC141) and YYZ-YVR (AC151). Is this correct (wouldn't seem to make much sense IMO) or is an exception made for those late-departure westbound flights?
That's a good point - I will clarify. The breakfast during that time window only applies to Eastbound flights.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: ACSEMM, WY Gold
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
That's a good point - I will clarify. The breakfast during that time window only applies to Eastbound flights.
Sorry, I'm a little confused. I am on flight 1160 next month YEG-YYZ. The flight departs YEG at 10:06 and arrives at ~16:00. Does this flight have the breakfast or lunch menu?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Have you considered on the Wide-body premium long haul NA flights to have the snack basket out in the middle galley as a self serve option?

I know on the A320, etc there is clearly not enough room, but on the A330, 77L/W etc there is plenty of room at the galley by L2/R2 (which is often just empty anyway).

The only reason I ask is because I really hate to bother the FA for something so simple as a snack I can go grab myself.

And from the last 30ish times I've been between YVR and YYZ I would say only 2 or 3 times has the basket been brought around and offered.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Binflyin
Sorry, I'm a little confused. I am on flight 1160 next month YEG-YYZ. The flight departs YEG at 10:06 and arrives at ~16:00. Does this flight have the breakfast or lunch menu?
Based on the cut-off times posted lunch would be served.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Have you considered on the Wide-body premium long haul NA flights to have the snack basket out in the middle galley as a self serve option?

I know on the A320, etc there is clearly not enough room, but on the A330, 77L/W etc there is plenty of room at the galley by L2/R2 (which is often just empty anyway).

The only reason I ask is because I really hate to bother the FA for something so simple as a snack I can go grab myself.

And from the last 30ish times I've been between YVR and YYZ I would say only 2 or 3 times has the basket been brought around and offered.
+ 1
I can't remember the last time I saw the snack basket on PLH NA flights.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Based on the cut-off times posted lunch would be served.
I'm a bit confused too.
The cut-off time for the breakfast -> lunch switch is 10:31 am for PLH flights according to Andrew's post on the first page of this thread.
So I'd expect AC1160 to get breakfast, however AC's website says "M" instead of "B" under Meal Service for this flight, indicating it will be lunch.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: ACSEMM, WY Gold
Originally Posted by agjil
I'm a bit confused too.
The cut-off time for the breakfast -> lunch switch is 10:31 am for PLH flights according to Andrew's post on the first page of this thread.
So I'd expect AC1160 to get breakfast, however AC's website says "M" instead of "B" under Meal Service for this flight, indicating it will be lunch.
The PLH was the part that was confusing me. I hope it is the lunch menu... ^
Old Aug 31, 2014, 5:05 pm

The PLH was the part that was confusing me. I hope it is the lunch menu... ^
I also hope you get the lunch menu.
Let us know what was served after you take the flight..I'm kind of curious myself now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.