Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by agjil
it's been a few months since I flew YYZ-YVR in the morning in J.
Are the breakfast choices still omelette, pancakes, and the healthy option?
Also, is there a dessert that follows the breakfast entries for this particular "premium" route? (other than the normal fruit + yogurt)
Yes, still the same 3 choices. They don't have the cookies and ice cream any more on breakfast flights (only lunch/dinner service), but I believe they still offer the snack basket (chips or chocolate bars) after the meal service on premium long haul flights for dessert.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Was maintained originally but I'm guessing 75% or higher waste/refusal factor. Was just never a big sell post breakfast.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Was maintained originally but I'm guessing 75% or higher waste/refusal factor. Was just never a big sell post breakfast.
Is that the same on the red-eyes?

I asked for ice cream on 182 (YVR-YUL) a couple weeks ago and they didn't have any on board. Nothing better for a midnight snack

I'd agree that I wouldn't want it before, during, or after breakfast though. Although you take an 0800 departure for YVR-YYZ, and you land at 1500 or 1600 or something, and it could go well as a mid-afternoon snack
Old Mar 1, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
You wouldn't find ice cream on board 182 as breakfast is the core meal. Again, ice cream and cookies were on red eyes for a while, but you're in the extreme minority. It was complete waste as most customers don't want to be sugared up before sleeping.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
You wouldn't find ice cream on board 182 as breakfast is the core meal. Again, ice cream and cookies were on red eyes for a while, but you're in the extreme minority. It was complete waste as most customers don't want to be sugared up before sleeping.
Fair enough. I guess I'll have to stick with a glass of wine
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:05 am

It would be nice if AC could rotate the flavor of the ice cream.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:25 am

That too has been done in the past. Trust me, vanilla is the safe choice.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
You could always add some Baileys to the ice cream.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
You could always add some Baileys to the ice cream.
haha I need to try this next time.

Last edited by agjil; Mar 2, 2014 at 5:33 am
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I have not had the new oatmeal but the Second Cup oatmeal was way too sweet. We heard here that it was replaced by something not as sweet, but I have not had it because I've opted for the chicken sausage and potatoes (leaving the eggs and salsa untouched as I'm allergic to both). Guess I am glad I didn't get my hopes up and try the new oats!
It isn't Eggs either cause I too am allergic to Eggs and can't eat those no issue.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:46 pm
alc

Hopefully someone can update me what is the latest meal they have in J for the following route:

AC 606 YYZ 10:00am to YHZ 01:06pm
AC 629 YYT 05:20am to YUL 07:10am

I did a search here and it seems it will be standard hot breakfast, especially with posts on the YYT flight as recent as just last week or two. But I kind of recall last year in March I only got cold plate or light snacks option on a flight to YHZ, can't remember if it is mainline or not though.

Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by alc
Hopefully someone can update me what is the latest meal they have in J for the following route:

I did a search here and it seems it will be standard hot breakfast, especially with posts on the YYT flight as recent as just last week or two. But I kind of recall last year in March I only got cold plate or light snacks option on a flight to YHZ, can't remember if it is mainline or not though.

Thanks.
629 you'll get a normal hot breakfast.

606 I'm not sure.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
629 you'll get a normal hot breakfast.

606 I'm not sure.
Lunch. Breakfast ends at 0959 - Lunch begins at 1000.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: AC/SE, SPG, ICG
Originally Posted by alc

I did 629 last week. Choice of the ubiquitous omelette or the "Healthy Option". I had the healthy option. I gotta say the Second Cup oatmeal is horrible. I had the new AC branded oatmeal last week on another flight. Not much better. I'd prefer what they do on Jazz flights with dry granola and a yogurt.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 5:43 am
alc

Thanks for the quick respond everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.