Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Is that mainline or Express?

I flew YYT-YUL mainline last year, and it was a standard breakfast offering.
It's Air Canada Express (not mainline). Would it be breakfast, or just snacks?

I flew YUL-YYT in an E90 (mainline) not too long ago in J, and it was one of the best flights with the standard dinner offering.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
I am flying YYT-YOW, departing at 0730am, in a CRA, in J class, in two weeks. It's a 3 hour flight. What should I expect...breakfast? snacks only?
It should be a cold breakfast, but an actual meal service, not a 'snack'.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by JTXC
It should be a cold breakfast, but an actual meal service, not a 'snack'.
Thanks. Sorry for another question, but what's the "cold breakfast"?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
It will include a fruit plate, breads, yogurt, etc. No hot entree, since I think the CRAs do not have ovens.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by JTXC
It will include a fruit plate, breads, yogurt, etc. No hot entree, since I think the CRAs do not have ovens.
Thanks for sharing. It does not sound enticing, so I'll see if I can do YYT-YYZ-YOW instead. The only problem is I have to be in YYT until 8pm the day before, and I have a meeting in YOW at 10am the next day.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Thanks for sharing. It does not sound enticing, so I'll see if I can do YYT-YYZ-YOW instead. The only problem is I have to be in YYT until 8pm the day before, and I have a meeting in YOW at 10am the next day.
YYT-YUL operates fairly early. I believe I was on a 5am or 6am flight. You'd have to connect on a Dash 8, but that's not too bad
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
The fruit slices are usually chilled, but I have to say that in my experience, the butter packets are all but frozen and impossible to spread.

I just plop it in the middle of the bun as best I can and enjoy some bread to go with a mouthful of butter.

The ice cream is only a little bit easier to scoop.

Thanks. Sorry for another question, but what's the "cold breakfast"?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
5:00 am through YYZ, 5:20 am through YUL, get in to YOW at 9:16 and 9:38 am, respectively. I would do YYZ in that case if I could stomach the 5 am part.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by YQMer
5:00 am through YYZ, 5:20 am through YUL, get in to YOW at 9:16 and 9:38 am, respectively. I would do YYZ in that case if I could stomach the 5 am part.
Thank you so much for looking that up! I immensely appreciate your help.

I thought about the 5:00am flight, but that means waking up at 3:15am (1:45am EST), and being at the airport by 4:15am (I will use OLCI). I am trying to maximize my sleep, and maximize by energy/efficiency throughout the day.

I am trying to see if I can leave YYT the day before. There is a 19:45 flight through YYZ, that arrives in YOW at 01:15. The 19:45 flight usually arrives in YYZ at 22:00, so I should be able to connect to AC470 and arrive in YOW by 23:30. However, some FTers have said that AC470 is often overbooked, so I am taking that into account. However, I will probably get a meal, YYT-YYZ, so I can just head to bed when I arrive in YOW.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:17 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

For those of you that have been encountering issues with getting the Flex meals on flights that's being offered (as stated on the menu), can you please send me your flights details (either via PM or email at [email protected]) as we would like to follow up and coach the crew on the flights in question about this product offering as some of the posts here are concerning as to why it wasn't offered. Thanks everyone.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:52 am

it's been a few months since I flew YYZ-YVR in the morning in J.
Are the breakfast choices still omelette, pancakes, and the healthy option?
Also, is there a dessert that follows the breakfast entries for this particular "premium" route? (other than the normal fruit + yogurt)

Last edited by agjil; Mar 1, 2014 at 2:02 am
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by agjil
it's been a few months since I flew YYZ-YVR in the morning in J.
Are the breakfast choices still omelette, pancakes, and the healthy option?
Also, is there a dessert that follows the breakfast entries for this particular "premium" route? (other than the normal fruit + yogurt)
The breakfast hasn't changed in 3yrs on any AC domestic flight. I don't even get a menu anymore cause you know what the lousy choices are. One slight change was the Ok Second Cup Oatmeal to a new AC something called oatmeal. It is simply disgusting. The inflight agent also tried to warn me. I'd say its time for AC to change up the meals in the AM.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I have not had the new oatmeal but the Second Cup oatmeal was way too sweet. We heard here that it was replaced by something not as sweet, but I have not had it because I've opted for the chicken sausage and potatoes (leaving the eggs and salsa untouched as I'm allergic to both). Guess I am glad I didn't get my hopes up and try the new oats!
Old Mar 1, 2014, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I have not had the new oatmeal but the Second Cup oatmeal was way too sweet. We heard here that it was replaced by something not as sweet, but I have not had it because I've opted for the chicken sausage and potatoes (leaving the eggs and salsa untouched as I'm allergic to both). Guess I am glad I didn't get my hopes up and try the new oats!
Could you order a special meal?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I've looked at the special meal options and none of them match my weird allergies. One of my allergens is something a lot of people on special diets love to have.
I usually just eat around them, but I do wish there was an ingredient list on the menu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.