Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2014, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Okay....so what exactly is the policy on getting something from Y when you're in J?

I asked about sparkling wine on a flight today, and the SD seemed very hesitant to get it from the back. Others haven't even questioned it.

I don't want to get anyone in trouble, so I'd like to know the real policy.

But of course, AC could solve THIS problem by including sparkling wine in J
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: S100KMM,SPG Platinum,Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Okay....so what exactly is the policy on getting something from Y when you're in J?

I asked about sparkling wine on a flight today, and the SD seemed very hesitant to get it from the back. Others haven't even questioned it.

There you go again causing more trouble....just sit in your J Class seat order the Drappier Carte D'or to your hearts content and leave the cheap sh@t in the back to them...otherwise fly Y and be happy. LOL
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SEMM
There you go again causing more trouble....just sit in your J Class seat order the Drappier Carte D'or to your hearts content and leave the cheap sh@t in the back to them...otherwise fly Y and be happy. LOL
There is no Drappier on domestic/transborder

I'm trying not to cause trouble! I've never had an issue with my request before today
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS

I'm trying not to cause trouble! I've never had an issue with my request before today
There is another thread somewhere I recall which says it is not allowed anymore I think. Seems to me it was an FA who posted it, but I can't find it now or recall the poster.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Funny, I have seen it (Drappier) be miss loaded on so many of my transcon flights especially on B-77W/B-77P's....Vin Mousseaux ...YUK.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YQMer
There is another thread somewhere I recall which says it is not allowed anymore I think. Seems to me it was an FA who posted it, but I can't find it now or recall the poster.
Now how stupid is that? ...many a time I have been in J class and wanted only something light and asked the SD for something from the BYOB...never has been a problem.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Now how stupid is that? ...many a time I have been in J class and wanted only something light and asked the SD for something from the BYOB...never has been a problem.
Agreed, and I hope I'm wrong on this, since I'm one of those who has asked for this in the past with no issue. But, after reading the thread (wish I could find it now) I remember thinking, I wouldn't even ask anymore.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: *G

This is one of the more bizarre aspects of AC domestic/transborder service - sparkling wine in the back but not up front. Initially, SDs were more than happy to get it from the back, but then I was told that there had been the ubiquitous memo telling them not to. I have asked a few times since, offered to pay, and mostly not had a problem (and not paid). One SD did pour it into the glass before giving it to me so as to avoid the copy cat response from other passengers (since that gold bottle is rather obvious).
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by fin 645
This is one of the more bizarre aspects of AC domestic/transborder service - sparkling wine in the back but not up front. Initially, SDs were more than happy to get it from the back, but then I was told that there had been the ubiquitous memo telling them not to. I have asked a few times since, offered to pay, and mostly not had a problem (and not paid). One SD did pour it into the glass before giving it to me so as to avoid the copy cat response from other passengers (since that gold bottle is rather obvious).
All I'm prepared to say is that sometimes when issues are dissected here on public forums, the proverbial ubiquitous memo is indeed issued. To date AFAIK, no such memo has been issued. Discretionary yes is always better than unequivocal no. There are a range of revenue generating products in addition to sparkling wine that are available in Y and not part of the specs in J. Why sparkling wine and not licorice?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
While not alcoholic, i've been a big fan of sushi on buy on board these days. The SD have never had an issue giving me one instead or supplementing my hot meal, but always once Y has gone through the first meal service. So I get the scraps, and i'm cool with that.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
All I'm prepared to say is that sometimes when issues are dissected here on public forums, the proverbial ubiquitous memo is indeed issued. To date AFAIK, no such memo has been issued. Discretionary yes is always better than unequivocal no. There are a range of revenue generating products in addition to sparkling wine that are available in Y and not part of the specs in J. Why sparkling wine and not licorice?
Tell Mr. Knowles, that it makes no sense that they serve sparkling wine in Y and nothing up front. They should serve champagne in J as well not just on International flights...especially given the Domestic prices in J and/or Latitude fares.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by vliou
While not alcoholic, i've been a big fan of sushi on buy on board these days. The SD have never had an issue giving me one instead or supplementing my hot meal, but always once Y has gone through the first meal service. So I get the scraps, and i'm cool with that.
Both the Shepherd's Pie and the Sushi seem to have been very popular additions ^
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
As someone who can't take lactose/dairy, 99% of buy on board are things I can't eat, so yes, the Sushi, LOVE IT!
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence

The general rule on mainline is that the BOB menu is for Y pax and the J menu is for J pax and that products are not supposed to be intermingled between the classes of service. Rouge and Express offer SW up front. It is officially not allowed in Premium Economy either.

In reality this does happen from time to time (thanks to discretionary FAs wanting to keep their elites happy ^). I would encourage those not to report in detail when it does (as AC does monitor this forum). The SW memo went out when many were talking about getting it up front gratis.

I agree AC should be allowing sparkling wine up front without having the FAs/PAX tip toe around.

A legitimate way to get around this is if you have a Latitude ticket, keep your latitude BP with you (if you get upgraded) that shows a meal symbol and show it to the SD that you are entitled to a meal/beverage + snack option from the BOB menu, which you have already paid (a lot) for. If that doesn't work, offer them a Timbit

Last edited by kwflyer; Apr 27, 2014 at 9:25 pm
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Funny, I have seen it (Drappier) be miss loaded on so many of my transcon flights especially on B-77W/B-77P's....Vin Mousseaux ...YUK.
shhhhh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.