Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Woah woah woah

I said salad dressing, not salad undressing. Sheesh.
I like my salad tossed.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I like my salad tossed.
With a drizzle of dressing no doubt.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:05 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
No, but there is no indication AFAIK that the dressing is different for a E90...

Plus 1167 is a 787....

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA1167
Just flew 1167 and the dressing is the oil and balsamic vinegar variety in the little bottle.

The hummus that accompanies the salad is odd.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ACfly
Just flew 1167 and the dressing is the oil and balsamic vinegar variety in the little bottle.

The hummus that accompanies the salad is odd.
Yes...! That's it... but the "hummus" had a "caesar-like" quality to it, no? I initially thought it was hummus until I tasted it... it was like some hybrid or something... maybe my taste were warped

I actually liked the new "dressing"... I never use that balsamic vinegar acid in a bottle! Before this I always ate the salad as-is!
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:13 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yes...! That's it... but the "hummus" had a "caesar-like" quality to it, no? I initially thought it was hummus until I tasted it... it was like some hybrid or something... maybe my taste were warped

I actually liked the new "dressing"... I never use that balsamic vinegar acid in a bottle! Before this I always ate the salad as-is!
It's Hummus... and not a new dressing.... It tastes like ceasar because it has garlic. it is NOT a dressing.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Well, if you don't know whether it's hummus or dressing, something seems a little off.

(FWIW, I quite like the hummus served as BOB in Y and never wondered what it was.)
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Well, if you don't know whether it's hummus or dressing, something seems a little off.

(FWIW, I quite like the hummus served as BOB in Y and never wondered what it was.)
Perhaps... or I'm just off... but what's new
Old Aug 8, 2015, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Perhaps but along the way there were catering logistics that were problematic. Using overhead bins and reducing Customer baggage space to accommodate catering supplies, J/C provisions constantly being run from back to front. Compare the current service with that of any other North American E190 operator - it is still a cut above.
I'd second just how bad the E90 constants are for long-hauls. Have done a few EWR-YYC runs on them and you have no idea what you'll find in a bin or behind a door. You open something that normally has napkins or plastic cups in it, and get smacked in the face with 6 water bottles. It was never meant to fly routes like that, AC pushes that aircraft to its absolute limits.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
just got out off a mid con flight from SK to YYZ and due to the number of ppl who were upgraded, the SD mentioned they no longer cater meals if more ppl are in the J cabin who were op uped vs upgraded/paid J
Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kwflyer
just got out off a mid con flight from SK to YYZ and due to the number of ppl who were upgraded, the SD mentioned they no longer cater meals if more ppl are in the J cabin who were op uped vs upgraded/paid J
If this is in fact now SOP, this is absolutely unacceptable.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm not sure what you mean. You're saying that if there are only two paid J but the cabin's full, they don't load any meals?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm not sure what you mean. You're saying that if there are only two paid J but the cabin's full, they don't load any meals?
The SD said they don't load meals on the E190 anymore if the majority ppl in the cabin are upgraded/op uped. Just cold nuts and drinks. They did try upselling the Y BOB menu in J which I almost laughed at. Either way no one got a meal for close to a 3 hr flight.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:52 pm
Suspended

The SD they don't load meals on the E190 anymore if the majority ppl in the cabin are upgraded/op uped.
Either the SD is high or something is horribly wrong here.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 12:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The SD said they don't load meals on the E190 anymore if the majority ppl in the cabin are upgraded/op uped. Just cold nuts and drinks. They did try upselling the Y BOB menu in J which I almost laughed at. Either way no one got a meal for close to a 3 hr flight.
Either the SD is high or something is horribly wrong here.
Yeah I'm not sure I buy that.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 12:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah I'm not sure I buy that.
Ditto.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.