Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Don't fly a lot of domestic outside of SFO
omg I never seen you either!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Lights_a_blur
I haven't flown short haul for a while, but the J snack on YVR-YYC today was smoked salmon and potato salad. It was excellent!

Much better than that crappy heated wrap they had for a while.
That actually sounds really decent - similar to the light snack in J on TATL flights.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: AC S100K
I haven't flown short haul for a while, but the J snack on YVR-YYC today was smoked salmon and potato salad. It was excellent!

Just had this today on the same route. Probably the best food AC has ever served me.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC SE

I had the same snack on a CRA for a YHZ-YYT this week as well - agreed that it was quite good, particularly for a Jazz flight.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by gcashin
I had the same snack on a CRA for a YHZ-YYT this week as well - agreed that it was quite good, particularly for a Jazz flight.
I guess they had no choice but to give you something marginally respectable
After all, they can't do crappy hot wraps on the CRA
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:46 pm

Does the YYZ-JFK morning flight on the CRA get any kind of breakfast?
Actually, the better way to ask this is probably "does AC serve breakfast in J on CRAs?".
IIRC CRAs don't have ovens, so I wouldn't expect a hot breakfast/meal, but was wondering if anything is offered at all.

Last edited by agjil; Jul 5, 2015 at 8:56 pm
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by agjil
Does the YYZ-JFK morning flight on the CRA get any kind of breakfast?
Actually, the better way to ask this is probably "does AC serve breakfast in J on CRAs?".
IIRC CRAs don't have ovens, so I wouldn't expect a hot breakfast/meal, but was wondering if anything is offered at all.
I don't know about that route, but on other CRA routes I've been given something like fruit, a croissant, and deli meat.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by rehoult
I don't know about that route, but on other CRA routes I've been given something like fruit, a croissant, and deli meat.
Thanks!
I guess the food is similar to what's offered on the YYZ-YOW rapid air flights.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gcashin
I've had that way too many times in the past week. And my impression of it seems to be a lot different than most of you.

It was edible, and fine given that I never had time for real food, but it was far from "good". I'll take the hot wraps any day over the salmon with potato salad.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by rehoult
That sounds consistent with what was provided the last time I was in J on a CRA... which was like a year or two ago? They had a bagel with deli meat in it actually... is that what you got?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are the hot wraps from Monty's Bakehouse? If so, I actually quite like them...!

(not to be confused with Montie's ACStakeHouse )
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: AC SE
Do mid-haul NA flights on the CRA get a meal for an 8:55 PM departure? Specifically asking about AC8115 YYZ-IAH, scheduled for 3 hours 11 mins. I know mainline flights of this duration/time would get a meal, but not sure whether the Jazz cutoff is different.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC 119 YYZ-YYC July 2015

Excellent lunch meal. Very flavourful.

Tasty, but a bit fluffy

Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
AC 119 YYZ-YYC July 2015

Excellent meal. Very flavourful.

Looks yummier than a TATL J meal
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I vote that @24left go through the SPML's and post photos there. Outstanding photos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.