Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2009, 9:26 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

On all flights:

- Pre-departure drink sevice (Orange Juice or water)
- Menus on all flights (except short haul)
- Hot towels offered on all flights with meal service after take off
- Continuous beverage top up at all times.
- 2 choices of bread with all meals except for Short Haul PM snack.

Short Haul (0:46 - 1:59)

0500 - 0959: Hot breakfast (Omelet + fruit + yogurt)
1000 - 0459: Hot/cold snack with almonds

Medium Haul (2:00 - 3:59)

0500 - 0959: Hot breakfast (2 main course choices: omelet or healthy option + yogurt + fruit on tray)
1000 - 0459: Hot lunch/dinner (3 main course choices + salad + dessert cake on tray)

Long Haul (4:00+)

0500 - 0959: Hot breakfast (2 main course choices: omelet or healthy option + yogurt + fruit on tray)
1000 - 2229: Hot lunch/dinner (3 main course choices + salad + dessert cake on tray)
2230 - 0459 (Eastbound flights only, on Westbound flights dinner well be served): Hot breakfast (2 main course choices + fruit) served before landing

Snack basket available at all times.

Premium long haul: YUL/YOW/YYZ - YYC/YEG/YVR, YUL/YYZ - LAX/SFO, YYZ - BOG/CCS/MEX, YVR/YYC - EWR

0500 - 0959: Hot breakfast (fruit plate followed by 2 hot main course choices or healthy option + yogurt + fruit on tray)
1000 - 2229: Hot lunch or dinner (appetizer followed by 4 main course choices followed by cookies/ice cream as dessert)
2230 - 0459 (Eastbound flights only, on Westbound flights dinner well be served): Hot breakfast (fruit plate followed by 2 hot main course choices or healthy option + yogurt + fruit on tray)

Snack basket available at all times.

Breakfast healthy option = big fruit plate, yogurt, oatmeal. (+ Cheese on Premium long haul)

Last edited by Andrew Yiu; Aug 31, 2014 at 5:04 pm Reason: Updated Sep 2014
Old Aug 5, 2009, 9:32 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu

...and all YUL/YYZ/YOW - YYC/YEG flights

1001 - 2100: ...cookies/ice cream as dessert)
I'm a big fan of this combination! ^

Thanks for posting this Andrew.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 9:46 pm

Andrew, while I appreciate what you post here, sometimes you are less than 100% accurate. Something like truth in advertising.

This catering does not apply to all flights. Case in point, last week YYC-YMM return. No predeparture, no cheese plat. In flight service amounted to one bag of stale nuts and on round of drinks (not "Continuous beverage top up at all times"). All this for approx $950 o/w.

Same applied to YYC-YVR first week of June. Not sure what it cost, as it was part of a CX tix to MY/SG.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 9:53 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Originally Posted by I'llMissCP
Andrew, while I appreciate what you post here, sometimes you are less than 100% accurate. Something like truth in advertising.

This catering does not apply to all flights. Case in point, last week YYC-YMM return. No predeparture, no cheese plat. In flight service amounted to one bag of stale nuts and on round of drinks (not "Continuous beverage top up at all times"). All this for approx $950 o/w.

Same applied to YYC-YVR first week of June. Not sure what it cost, as it was part of a CX tix to MY/SG.
The above applies to AC mainline flights at the moment.

These changes came into effect on Jul 1.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love the cheese plate. Had it today on Rapidair and I found it to be a generous offering of three different types of cheeses. I also like it that you offer both cheese crackers and melba toast.

Keep up the great work! ^^^
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:08 pm

Programs: AC
Andrew, any plans to do this for International J class as well. I know there has been recent changes earlier in the year. Was the international product changed as of 1 July as well?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Enjoyed the cookies and ice cream on my YYZ-YYC flight 2 nights ago. The salad, however, was underwhelming. Radishes? Ugh.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Just wanted to re-emphasize AY's post that this is mainline only. The flights to/from YMM with Exec class are on Jazz so as usual, AY is being truthful and his participation here is appreciated^
Old Aug 6, 2009, 12:18 am

Programs: CX Diamond
I was able to experience this updated J meal service on two recent flights, AC033 YYZ-YVR and AC1166 YVR-YYZ.

Included brief report and quite a few photos on this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...yvr-77l-j.html AC033 is on the first page and AC1166 starts at the bottom of the second page.

Really (really) enjoyed the cookies. I should have asked for seconds!!!

Thanks, Andrew, for keeping us all updated! And a big thanks to AC for letting me use my certs on T+!

Keeping my fingers crossed that there will be I-space available for me on AC007 in the fall so I can try an international flight in J!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 12:21 am

OK, everyone, all together now....

More Cold Entrees!

More Cold Entrees!

More Cold Entrees!

Did I mention that I really like cold entrees?
Old Aug 6, 2009, 4:24 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Andrew, thanks for the summary.

1) AC flights to BGI - the flight is long. It could be considered AC signature Caribbean flight. Wouldn't it be possible to classify it as 'extra long haul'?

2) Is it the time to consider bringing back the sparkling wine? There are so many choices on the market that would not break the AC bank.

3) Since AC seems to be headed in the right direction regarding NA F&B service, as the next step, could you improve the quality and visual appeal of what is offered as salads and main courses?

4) Presentation - since you are trying to make a significant improvement, can you retrain the FAs in some aspects of communication with pax? "Beef or chicken" does not cut it for me in J.

Thank you.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 5:14 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I agree with Ken H--I like choice of a cold entree. Some of the hot meals turn out ok but it is truly hit and miss. There seems to be more consistency with the cold (chicken or salmon on the meaty end, pasta salad on the veg end). I also want my chocolate desserts (not the chocolate candy) back.

I remember the red-eye flights from 6+ years ago always had my chocolate dessert and a great cold entree.^
Old Aug 6, 2009, 5:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Talking Way to go Andrew!

Yipee more COOKIES! I guess this means SFO gets cookies thanks. Also the salad is a HUGE improvement^
The drinks before take off is a great a really nice touch.

NOTE to FT members...PS most people dont eat two cookies so they are lots of extras just ask the FA's

Keep up the good work!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Vaclav
1) AC flights to BGI - the flight is long. It could be considered AC signature Caribbean flight. Wouldn't it be possible to classify it as 'extra long haul'?
Agree. BGI-YYZ is 5:45 gate-to-gate. I flew this route approx two weeks ago and there were no predeparture beverages.

Yesterday, AC943 BDA-YYZ:
  • no predeparture drinks
  • all meals were served before beverages were offered to any PAX. (Because there was only one F/A working the front cabin?) If you were seated in the first two rows, as I was, you would have been finished the meal before wine or water was offered.
  • salmon, same meal as I experienced BGI-YYZ, was cold in the centre. Sorry to disappoint Ken, but I don't think this was a trial run of a new cold plate. The other choice was chicken with cherry sauce. I didn't risk it.

One other curiosity from this flight: no announcements at all from the flight deck. None. No welcome, no weather in Toronto, no estimated flying time. Nothing. The service director made the call for F/A's to take their seats for takeoff.
--
13F
Old Aug 6, 2009, 5:59 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Good that it is documented here and great changes, but in practice not always being followed. July 31st AC127 YYZ-YEG no cookies; I believe it was salad and dessert on plate (cheese cake). No pre-departure beverage. Done a few domestic/transborder flights up front and have yet to see a menu.

I also talked to a colleague on a YYZ-DCA flight who complained that she wasted a cert as she literally got nothing (no food, no drink, nadda). However, she was quite happy with her cheese plate on the return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.