Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
It was definitely on the menu last week on YVR-YYZ (which I did not keep). Not sure if everyone reads the whole menu - especially the regulars on the route. I didn't and only found out about the fruit option from the SD.

As per photo upthread, I lucked out with both. One pax across the aisle from me chose the fruit.
Same for me to/from YYC. Will keep an eye out for it later today
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:46 pm

Is any food/snack offered on the late-night YUL-YYZ Rapid Air flights in J these days?
e.g.) AC431 leaving YUL at 10 pm
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by agjil
Is any food/snack offered on the late-night YUL-YYZ Rapid Air flights in J these days?
e.g.) AC431 leaving YUL at 10 pm
From what I understand, you get a snack basket.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
From what I understand, you get a snack basket.
Thanks a lot penguin.
Good to know I'll get at least something to munch on.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:30 am

Programs: *$ Green
I don't know about 431, but I know that if you fly 430 in J, you get a choice between a snack sized Miss Vickies, and what appears to be a half bar of Lindt.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by agjil
Thanks a lot penguin.
Good to know I'll get at least something to munch on.
Snack baskets on short haul after 20:00 hrs.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I must have missed it in the 139 pages of this thread, but what happened to cookies and ice cream on transcons?

Flew YEG-YYZ last week and there was tiramisu served with dinner but no cookies and ice cream and no snack basket.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
Originally Posted by The Lev
I must have missed it in the 139 pages of this thread, but what happened to cookies and ice cream on transcons?

Flew YEG-YYZ last week and there was tiramisu served with dinner but no cookies and ice cream and no snack basket.
I noticed the same thing on YYC-YOW and return last weekend, and asked the SD about it. He said that it is a change for the E90 only, it's no longer the full PLH service, rather 3 entrée choices with salad and pre-set dessert, all delivered on the same tray. I assumed it was something to do with the reduction to 2 FA on the E90 (meaning the SD has to assist in Y) in combination with the additional hot options in AC Café taking up more space in the oven.

I checked in with higher authorities, and they confirmed the change, and that it is confined to the E90 only.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
I checked in with higher authorities, and they confirmed the change, and that it is confined to the E90 only.
Makes sense - I was travelling on a E90.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I noticed the same thing on YYC-YOW and return last weekend, and asked the SD about it. He said that it is a change for the E90 only, it's no longer the full PLH service, rather 3 entrée choices with salad and pre-set dessert, all delivered on the same tray. I assumed it was something to do with the reduction to 2 FA on the E90 (meaning the SD has to assist in Y) in combination with the additional hot options in AC Café taking up more space in the oven.

As per VoodooYC's description, that was my experience on the E90 YYZ-YYC

and as I posted upthread

Originally Posted by 24left
AC 119 YYZ-YYC July 2015

Excellent lunch meal. Very flavourful.

Tasty, but a bit fluffy

Snack basket was also offered.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So once again, J gets shafted by AC cutting back.

Does it not make more sense to cut back service in Y to save money? The people paying for J expect reasonable service, don't they?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
So once again, J gets shafted by AC cutting back.

Does it not make more sense to cut back service in Y to save money? The people paying for J expect reasonable service, don't they?
If the customers keep J full, why would AC not cut back? Would most J passengers even notice this? I doubt it and we are a minority, albeit a vocal one
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport

You pretty much covered everything that was discussed back in June when the changes took place. In a nutshell, the catering requirements of PLH domestic service far exceed the limited galley capabilities of this aircraft. One rear oven to service: heated nuts, heated bread, J/C entrees, cookies, BOB hot options and Crew Meals. It is indeed confined only to the E190.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
If the customers keep J full, why would AC not cut back? Would most J passengers even notice this? I doubt it and we are a minority, albeit a vocal one
You don't think a regular passenger is going to notice that the FA disappears from J for 30 minutes during the flight?

That's getting down to the level of service I've come to expect on LH F.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
You pretty much covered everything that was discussed back in June when the changes took place. In a nutshell, the catering requirements of PLH domestic service far exceed the limited galley capabilities of this aircraft. One rear oven to service: heated nuts, heated bread, J/C entrees, cookies, BOB hot options and Crew Meals. It is indeed confined only to the E190.
Fair point, though isn't the main issue with providing the PLH service the reduction of FAs from 3 to 2 on the E90?

Providing a decent level of service in J seems to be much more challenging since the "J FA" supposedly is now expected to help in Y as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.