Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
I invite you to write to me (or post on here if you prefer not to) on which specific flight you're encountering this. Both seem a bit extreme if it's happening on all your flights. From our audits (and it seems from most of the posts above), the snack basket has been pretty consistently offered but if it's not, let me know so we can understand from the crew why not or if it wasn't boarded by our caterers.
Hi Andrew,

Over the last 18 months on AC 34 YVR - YYZ I had it offered 2 / 15

Over the last 18 months on AC 33 YYZ - YVR I had it offered 0 / 15

However, I would like to reaffirm my earlier point that I would encourage (and actually prefer) being able to self serve if it was left out in the middle galley.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:21 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Hi Andrew,

However, I would like to reaffirm my earlier point that I would encourage (and actually prefer) being able to self serve if it was left out in the middle galley.
Thanks Sean.
Yes - definitely something that we can consider (and it's something that I've seen crew do often). However I would still like them to be offering this proactively to the customers consistently on top of that so that's one thing that we need to work on as well for the flights you've mentioned. If you don't mind - I would like to have the flight dates (by email) next time you take these flights and come across this; makes it easier for us to coach the crew.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Thanks Sean.
Yes - definitely something that we can consider (and it's something that I've seen crew do often). However I would still like them to be offering this proactively to the customers consistently on top of that so that's one thing that we need to work on as well for the flights you've mentioned. If you don't mind - I would like to have the flight dates (by email) next time you take these flights and come across this; makes it easier for us to coach the crew.
Sure! I'll send you a message if I see it again.

Side Note: I don't really consider this a big deal, just something I've noticed on these flights.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Hi Andrew,

Can confirm as well that AC 33/34 (on top of 137) has this problem.

+1 to a self serve bar. I don't like bugging the FA's for something simple and rather just help myself. Same goes with if I want a drink earlier than the bar service where I've been advised by FA's to 'just wait' as they're just about to start - meanwhile I'm at the back of J so that will be another 10-15 minutes on the widebodies.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
I do a lot of flying on all the routes you mentioned above on a very regular basis (certainly more than most of you I believe)
Perhaps because they know you are onboard?

I have seen much higher levels of service given when a non rev is sitting in the J cabin.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kwflyer
Perhaps because they know you are onboard?

I have seen much higher levels of service given when a non rev is sitting in the J cabin.
No they don't. I get bad flights like everyone else and I send my colleagues over at IFS feedback as well. Most recently yesterday morning.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:50 pm
Suspended

No they don't. I get bad flights like everyone else and I send my colleagues over at IFS feedback as well. Most recently yesterday morning.
How would they not know you are onboard? I have heard agents/FA's remark on the presence of plain clothes non rev employees in J/Y.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:57 pm
Flying Blue Director

All they know is we are staff, and whether we are on personal or duty travel. As I'm sure you can imagine, with 25,000 employees, it's a little difficult to pin point who Andrew is or what his role in the company is.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

How would they not know you are onboard? I have heard agents/FA's remark on the presence of plain clothes non rev employees in J/Y.
I am not saying they don't know I am onboard; not every FA knows me and what I am saying is they don't perform differently when I am onboard because I have fair amount of not perfect flights too. FT is not the only place I get feedback from customers and what I am suggesting is what you've posted above is out of the norm so I would like to hear about it when it happens again.

Anyways, that's not the point of this thread so not going to debate with you on this. Again, the invitation is open for you to write me either here or privately next time this happens to you again. Feedback helps us improve. That's the point.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
All they know is we are staff, and whether we are on personal or duty travel. As I'm sure you can imagine, with 25,000 employees, it's a little difficult to pin point who Andrew is or what his role in the company is.
And that is the crux of the issue. Employees who know staff are onboard via the GA's remarks, manifest etc., have an incentive to provide a higher level of service if for anything than not to get bad feedback to HQ.

This human factor is not specific to AC but to any service sector organization. Not saying you're not liable to get bad service, but the probability of getting better service is higher.

Back OT now.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Kid's Meals

My friend is flying with her granddaughter (5 years old) tomorrow YYC-YYZ in J and they were wondering what the children's meal would be for lunch/dinner?

Anyone with experience?--just want to know if she should just get an adult meal and pick around what she might not like.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:26 pm
Flying Blue Director

And that is the crux of the issue. Employees who know staff are onboard via the GA's remarks, manifest etc., have an incentive to provide a higher level of service if for anything than not to get bad feedback to HQ.

This human factor is not specific to AC but to any service sector organization. Not saying you're not liable to get bad service, but the probability of getting better service is higher.

Back OT now.
I would beg to differ from anecdotal experience (as would Andrew), and you are free to form your own opinion, but I digress.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
I have to disagree with you, but that's just me . I know I might be alone here but I LOVE the omelette and sausage breakfast dish. I often wish I could have it for lunch or dinner too.
Ew! But that's just my impression due to daily flying I guess. I try not to look at it anymore when it's being served to the person seating next to me - sometimes the breakfast looks and smells so unappealing that I have to cover my nose in order to keep from gagging. Blech!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Speaking of breakfast in J....

Back in late 2008 or early 2009 AC stopped offering the cold breakfast, what was the reason and what not bring it back? I can't imagine how a small box of bran flakes is more expensive than the omelette, sausage and fried potato.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Recognizing people from higher up in management is one thing. might indeed not happen.

However it would not surprise me one bit if crews would somehow get a warning that there will be someone from management onboard a specific flight. Friends of friends... Helping each other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.