Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:17 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mapleg
I don't know how you folks can miss that omelette. Even when starving I am lucky if I can even eat 1/2 of it.
+1 if we're talking about time - if I'm at the back of J, I know I may not even get my meal depending on the day and weather - or have to very quickly wolf down whatever I can.

I've actually declined breakfast on my last few flights, and grabbed breakfast at a Plaza Premium.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:18 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I spent $69 the other day for a TOD upgrade on United LAX-SFO in the morning, and I passed out before departure and woke up on landing.

I don't even know what food was offered!
Not to one up you, but i purchased a same day upgrade on UA a few months back. 4 hour flight PLS-EWR. $200.

It was in a 737-900 'dark' bird. No IFE. Wifi didn't work until 30 minutes from EWR. The meal was a snack... some sort of organic vegetarian humus crap I refuse to eat, and the only seat available was 5C that does not recline.

Turns out I paid $200 for a slightly bigger seat and free drinks.

Live and learn....
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I spent $69 the other day for a TOD upgrade on United LAX-SFO in the morning, and I passed out before departure and woke up on landing.

I don't even know what food was offered!
Probably nothing or a sad piece of scone.
A $69 scone or a $155 omelette (from Nitehawk)...not sure which one is worth more.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Count me in as loving the Omelette.

I sometimes fly YOW-YYZ -YVR and get two Omelettes in a morning!

I guess I should say I used to get get two.....no more if it is not being served on YOW-YYZ.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: E50K, *Gold, WS Gold,VIA Premier, VIPorter
The enhancement here is getting to eat the premade omelettes in the YYZ Domestic MLL
All it needs is the salsa, the sausage and a seatbelt :P
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by PilotTobe
The enhancement here is getting to eat the premade omelettes in the YYZ Domestic MLL

LOL
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
For all the MLL enhancements lately which are ^. I'm not convinced about the MLL omelettes. They remind me of what's found in a Holiday Inn Express .
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:39 pm

I believe there are also sausages in the domestic MLL during breakfast time.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PLeblond
I recall many, many...MANY years ago, flying with a company called Wardair. On a flight from YUL-YYZ, in Y a full service breakfast was served. An omelette, with real pork sides, and potatoes. Metal cutlery, mini plastic salt and pepper shakers. linen napkins.

In Y... On a 1 hour flight.

Oh how times have changed.
In your trip down memory lane you forgot the red carnation on the tray !
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Not to keep cluttering up this thread but, while I like the new breakfast in the MLL, I can't believe some of you travel for the omelet. I've gone out of my way to SDC morning flights to later in the day to get lunch. That omelet meal is the bane of my travel

Crazy, I guess there's something for everyone!
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Not to keep cluttering up this thread but, while I like the new breakfast in the MLL, I can't believe some of you travel for the omelet. I've gone out of my way to SDC morning flights to later in the day to get lunch. That omelet meal is the bane of my travel

Crazy, I guess there's something for everyone!
I am completely the opposite! I have actually SDC (granted latitude so no charge to me) to get the breakfast omelette instead of the lunch.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
There is no way you're THAT young! They were still around in '89! Either that or I'm starting to really feel old.
Sorry buddy. Like the resident cow, i'm in my mid twenties (26), so born in 88...I just happen to be a young(er) FF. Hence, never had a chance to be on ward air, although I've heard only great things about it. CP i've been on as an infant/child though...I still have very fond memories of it!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:24 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
In your trip down memory lane you forgot the red carnation on the tray !
Wow. Totally forgot about that. Thanks!

Anf for those still too young to remember Wardair, you still have a chance to fly in a genuine Wardair airplane. The problem is they are now being operated by (TS) Transat, so the interior has changed, the level of service is gone and the planes are almost 25 years older than they were.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Wow. Totally forgot about that. Thanks!

Anf for those still too young to remember Wardair, you still have a chance to fly in a genuine Wardair airplane. The problem is they are now being operated by (TS) Transat, so the interior has changed, the level of service is gone and the planes are almost 25 years older than they were.
Wow, WardAir planes are still being flown? Never flown TS, never wanted to fly TS and never will fly TS
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Silver, DL SIlver, Marriott TE/LTPE, HH Gold,
I sat next to celebrity chef Tyler Florence recently on AC739 SFO-YYZ. He ordered the beef and when it arrived, he took one look at it and covered it with his napkin. He then looked at my chicken in the same manner......while I was shoving a forkful into my mouth. I just looked at him and said "The mediocre wine makes it more palatable....". I then spent the remainder of the flight in a shadow of celebrity shame, ha ha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.