Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by 24left
FWP Alert.

As for the main courses, one Beef tenderloin, BBQ Chicken, Herbed Cod loin and cheese tortellini....

Reviews from a couple of people.

Fish dish looked nice. Comment was: "it was ok"

Beef tenderloin got 2 angry reviews:

1. He said: "The word "tender" is the farthest thing from this piece of meat. While it may have looked nice on the plate, Air Canada has clearly made the choice to use cheaper and/or lower quality meat. I could not cut it. When I finally managed to shear off a piece, despite chewing it for a while, it could not swallow it as it remained the piece I put in my mouth".

Ya, not a happy camper.

2. I took it to test and compare to other experiences. He was right.

----------------

Dessert

I just had the fruit. Guy seated nearby had the cookie and ice cream and told me they changed the cookies and these look and taste like they are from a package.

You can all decide.

At least you had a fruit option. On a Rouge it's just that disgusting tiramisu with about a million calories.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: AC S100K
Waldorf Salad: Granny Smith apples, celery, chives, red grapes, walnuts, lemon mayonnaise

Also served on my LAX-YYZ the other day.

I'll be a little more vocal on this: It was disgusting (my opinion and the actual words used by the person seated nearby)
...because Waldorf salads are not to your liking, or because it was as if prepared by Basil Fawlty himself?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by BlueMilk
...because Waldorf salads are not to your liking, or because it was as if prepared by Basil Fawlty himself?
You beat me to it. Perhaps a Ritz salad would be an idea though?

As someone accustomed to Y meals over the years, where the choice is "chicken or fish" half the time and you can't often determine what is in the tray anything in J I normally find decent.

But then my last international J beef was a perfect medium to medium-rare
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by BlueMilk
I really like Waldorf Salad. The others also said they like it. We were commenting on the Air Canada version.

Usually served on some lettuce, perhaps some raisins added as well. Dressing is never this bitter.

Just 2 alternate examples, more along the lines of what I've enjoyed. First photo is from the Food Network, second is Jamie Oliver's.

Just saying....

Attached Images   
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: AC E75K
Waldorf Salad: Granny Smith apples, celery, chives, red grapes, walnuts, lemon mayonnaise

Also served on my LAX-YYZ the other day.

I'll be a little more vocal on this: It was disgusting (my opinion and the actual words used by the person seated nearby)

We both agreed that this was the cheapest salad offering we'd seen in a few years and it was bitter. There was no substance and he thought it was 5 cents worth of food.

Both of us were commenting how we had the bocconcini-tomato salad last month and it was excellent.

Cheapening the J cabin, one vegetable at a time.

Sigh...you really gotta wonder how much money AC figures it is saving by serving this stuff in place of a fresh, substantial salad. At the risk of getting shot again, I really wish AC would take a cue from UA in this regard.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Dessert

I just had the fruit. Guy seated nearby had the cookie and ice cream and told me they changed the cookies and these look and taste like they are from a package.

You can all decide.

Two weeks ago I was served the classic AC cookies ex. YVR. Wonder if this is a new permanent change, just like they made with the lounge cookies which also taste packaged now.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Sigh...you really gotta wonder how much money AC figures it is saving by serving this stuff in place of a fresh, substantial salad. At the risk of getting shot again, I really wish AC would take a cue from UA in this regard.

These were on AA flights LAX-DFW, flight time approx 3:30, less than AC LAX-YYZ

Real salads along with full meal etc.

The first salad was the appetizer with one of my meals. The second salad was one of the main meal choices and included a piece of grilled chicken to go with it.

These were excellent salads.

I wonder why a main meal salad is not an option on AC.

Attached Images   
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:09 am

I wonder why a main meal salad is not an option on AC.
I've wondered this for a long time!!!

For someone who wants to eat healthily, this would be such a boon! Especially since all my SPML experiments have failed to yield anything but bland and tasteless carb and starch bonanzas.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
AC164 YYC-YYZ. Got my first choice somehow sitting in 8A with tons of SE's.

Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:48 pm

nvm - please delete
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SKYEG

So what did ya get?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG

I had this menu a couple weeks back as well. Thought the new salad was quite enjoyable. Nice change from the typical AC salads. I had the Salmon with the meaux mustard sauce. It was pretty good as well. Thought it was much better than the salmon with clam sauce they had earlier in the year.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
I had this menu a couple weeks back as well. Thought the new salad was quite enjoyable. Nice change from the typical AC salads. I had the Salmon with the meaux mustard sauce. It was pretty good as well. Thought it was much better than the salmon with clam sauce they had earlier in the year.
Funny, when I had that salmon last month it wasn't edible at all. Everything on the plate was overcooked and tasteless. I remember it made me think about how much sadness and strife exists in the world.

It was 3 pickles out of 10 for me.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Funny, when I had that salmon last month it wasn't edible at all. Everything on the plate was overcooked and tasteless. I remember it made me think about how much sadness and strife exists in the world.

It was 3 pickles out of 10 for me.
That's the thing. AC is consistently inconsistent. You could eat the same meal 5 times, sometimes it'll be good, sometimes it'll be bad. As well with the new steam ovens on the 787/777 you may be served something perfectly cooked, and then on a airbus or embraer it will be way overcooked. I will say the salmon was good (for AC standards) but obviously not perfect.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Dear AC,

How about some options where you don't try to be fancy and instead just go for stuff that is widely enjoyed.

- Burgers
- Mac & Cheese
- Pizza
- Burrito
- buttermilk biscuits
- dumplings (would really work well in those steam ovens)
- Chili
- Apple pie
- Pecan pie
- Shrimp and Grits
- Peacan-Peach Cobbler
- Stew
- Beef Chili
- Ciannamon rolls / buns
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Meatloaf
- Pork Chops
- Laganga
- Catfish (for flights out of YWG)
- French Toast
- Banana Bread
- Jambalaya
- Tomato Soup
- Pound Cake
- Peach Ice Cream
- Pot Roast
- Coffee Crumble Cake
- Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Casserole
- Breakfast Hash (Italian Sausage)
- Brownies
- Banana Pudding

#MakeSeanPeeverInchargeOfAcFood

Last edited by Sean Peever; Mar 30, 2017 at 10:42 pm Reason: Too excited about food and can't spell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.