Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM

This thread is for the following United First, United Business, and p.s. Premium Service flights:
  • North America (including all 50 US States, Canada, and Mexico)
  • Caribbean and Latin America (not South America)
  • Intra-Asia (such as NRT-ICN)
  • Intra-Pacific/Oceania/Micronesia (such as HNL-GUM and GUM-MNL)

Don't forget to post the date and route information along with the meal information!

All Polaris First and Polaris Business meals should be reported via this link.

Here's United's official page on this category of United First dining:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ght/first.aspx

Here's United's official page on this category of United Business dining:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con.../business.aspx

Here's United's official page on this category of p.s. Premium Service dining:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...-services.aspx

And, most importantly, here's United's official page on North American, Caribbean, and Latin American meal services:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...st/dining.aspx

For the curious folks, the 2016 thread is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nessfirst.html

With that, Let's Eat 2017!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 11, 2017 at 11:52 am Reason: repaired post
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM
reserved
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Flew in first from LAX to HNL on 1/1 on UA 1170. Dinner was very similar to my flight out on 12/23 from HNL to IAD. Standard PDB and initial beverage and nuts once airborne; very nice view of the sun setting over the Pacific tonight. Salad was kinda lite on lettuce this time; it had one leaf along with some beets, mandarin oranges, cheese, and balsamic dressing. Bread was a dinner roll - no choices presented. The options for mains were: beef with hoisin (my choice; same as my previous flight), chicken tamale, and butternut squash ravioli. Beef was good again, and I really like the sauce and sides (wasabi grits and sauted peppers). Not sure if some of the novelty had worn off or not; but I liked it on the 12/23 flight better. Still it was a good choice. Apologies for the quality of the picture below; I had already had a few bites of the beef before I remembered to take a picture. Dessert was chocolate chip ice cream with chocolate sauce. Warm cookie served about 45 minutes before landing. Overall a good flight with great service. The plane certainly wasn't as nice as the one to IAD, but it got us there safely. Still, it's a good reminder of why I try and get the lie flat seats when possible.

Last edited by TarHeelAlum; Jan 3, 2017 at 7:28 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: United Platinum
EWR - SFO 1/3/17 Breakfast

PDB ��

No menus ��
Was offered "french toast, eggs, or cereal"

Chose french toast and gave eggs as 2nd choice - I asked and FA told me there are a lot of 1K on board (I'm platinum)

Was hoping for french toast souffl, but got 3 sad tough triangles with 2 breakfast sausage. Bread options were croissant or cinnamon roll (not warm)

Seatmate got the eggs, it was an omelette with breakfast sausage and potatoes.

Water bottles were passed out with cookies 45 min before landing - usually this is right after lunch/dinner, but maybe normal for breakfast?

Last edited by Kryssa; Jan 3, 2017 at 2:03 pm
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
ORD-SFO 1/3/17 - breakfast flight
Booked as 2-class 777, flew 3-class 777, upgraded to Business

New Polaris pillow and blanket

Channel 9 on

PDB offered

Breakfast options were a Southwestern Omelette, which came with fresh fruit. FA came around after with cinnamon rolls or biscuits in the basket.

Other option was the French toast souffl.

Great service throughout the flight.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by lilpisher
ORD-SFO 1/3/17 - breakfast flight
Booked as 2-class 777, flew 3-class 777, upgraded to Business

New Polaris pillow and blanket

Channel 9 on

PDB offered

Breakfast options were a Southwestern Omelette, which came with fresh fruit. FA came around after with cinnamon rolls or biscuits in the basket.

Other option was the French toast souffl.

Great service throughout the flight.
I had the same options on ORD-SLC. The souffl was amazing!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA577
SFO-EWR

Boeing 757-200
Meal: Breakfast

Menu
{removed bad link}

Fruit

My Apple Blintz order turned into a French Toast. FA said it was a catering mistake.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 4, 2017 at 10:47 pm Reason: {removed bad link}
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG, Hyatt
Upgraded to F yesterday for my flight from IAD to SFO, was on an A320. Glad I upgraded, with weather issues and headwind, the flight was over 6 hours in the air. Flight was scheduled for and we got Lunch even though we ended up not taking off until 430pm due to weather delays.

No printed menus as far as I could tell. Service from the FA was good though. Frequent drink refreshes, etc.

Started off with the warm nuts and drink.

Next was bread and an arugula salad with feta and watermelon that was quite good.

Main was either salmon or chicken or vegetarian -- I wanted salmon but they were out. When FA got to my seatmate and I, there was only 1 chicken and 1 vegetarian left. My seatmate had food allergies, so brought her own food, so I dodged a bullet and got the chicken dish. UA should really load enough dishes so a non-vegetarian isn't potentially faced with being stuck with only the vegetarian option.

The chicken was a BBQ chicken type dish, and was good -- relatively tender, with nice tangy sauce. Veggies with it were surprisingly good. Wine was good.

Dessert was mango sorbet and was very good. Then later on in the flight, they served a warm chocolate chip cookie, that was excellent.

Overall, I was very pleased with the flight. Attentive FA, and the food while not gourmet, was quite good. Then again, I very rarely fly F, so I don't have all that much to compare it to!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:13 pm
Formerly known as pmclean

What should I expect on my MCO - IAH flight?
11:47am
2hrs 42 mins
Should be a meal but ticket indicates snack
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Snack basket
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by parismama
What should I expect on my MCO - IAH flight?
11:47am
2hrs 42 mins
Should be a meal but ticket indicates snack
If the reservation says "Snack" expect that. Note that on mainline, "Snack" does not mean the snack basket; it means a hot plated meal like a hamburger or calzone. The snack basket is "Refreshments".
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
I flew that route last March during lunchtime and it was a cold plate, chicken. Warm nuts and hot towel service.

- Tom
Attached Images  
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Originally Posted by findark
If the reservation says "Snack" expect that. Note that on mainline, "Snack" does not mean the snack basket; it means a hot plated meal like a hamburger or calzone. The snack basket is "Refreshments".
What does "light snack" mean then?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by ordogg
What does "light snack" mean then?
Example?

I should also correct myself - as evidenced by the chicken plate, the "Snack" GDS code can mean a "light" version of any of the three main meals - the lunchtime one is indeed a cold plate (dinner is hot). But all three are a significant step up from the "Refreshments" snack basket.

And I realized the answer to OP's question. MCO/IAH must bucket as "2h20 to 2h30". The use of flight duration is incredibly misleading as it is not about the actual block time of the flight, but rather the "average" block time of the service, which makes distance a much more reliable predictor.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA 2046: SFO to DCA
January 4, 2017
Boeing 737-800, Lunch

The January eastbound menu looks to be the same as what TarHeelAlum found on the way out to HNL.

Name:  170104_salad.png
Views: 18051
Size:  963.2 KB

The salad was whole lettuce leaves with mandarin oranges, shaved beets, and feta cheese paired with a balsamic vinaigrette. While the salad is decent, I have to admit I don't think it feels worth the effort of slicing up the lettuce. Still better than the new Polaris dressing bottles though!

Bread was multigrain dinner roll.

Name:  170104_main.png
Views: 18008
Size:  919.7 KB

The chicken tamale is an old favorite, and it did not disappoint. Although I usually go with the beef, I'm not a big fan of the hoisin beef and so I'm really happy that it always goes along with my favorite chicken entree.

Other entree choices were the hoisin beef or butternut squash ravioli.

Name:  170104_dessert.png
Views: 17794
Size:  762.7 KB

Dessert was a lemon sorbet. The lunch sorbets are definitely growing on me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.