Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
My friend is flying with her granddaughter (5 years old) tomorrow YYC-YYZ in J and they were wondering what the children's meal would be for lunch/dinner?

Anyone with experience?--just want to know if she should just get an adult meal and pick around what she might not like.
Just remember that the cutoff time for SPML ordering is 24 hours. Usually chicken fingers, macaroni & cheese, etc. When a CHML is not ordered, kids are generally happy with the Pasta choice supplemented by cookies and ice cream. Advise the S/D in advance should you need one put aside.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Thanks for the info ACYYZ/SD.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
It wouldn't be difficult for the crew to determine if a nonrev pax is a fellow crewmember or from management.

North American carriers make little to no effort to ensure the hired help follows proper service procedures. And even if they did, could they actually discipline the rotten ones in a union-protected environment? Ideally there should be outside "secret shoppers" appearing on the manifest as revenue Altitude customers to review their experiences. Obviously there is significant inconsistency in the level of service based on the feedback in this thread.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Just remember that the cutoff time for SPML ordering is 24 hours.
The cutoff for ordering a SPML has been 18 hours before scheduled departure for several years now - at least as long as I have been ordering them on a regular basis, which has been since 2010 IIRC.

Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Decent beef on 121 today

My wife was on 121 today. Very surprised, beef was rare and pretty decent. And the green beans were actually still green rather than brown. Which she really care about.

They still ha the Picens too BTW.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by jaysona
The cutoff for ordering a SPML has been 18 hours before scheduled departure for several years now - at least as long as I have been ordering them on a regular basis, which has been since 2010 IIRC.

Which is why FT continues to be educational Thanks for setting me straight.

Something in the back of my mind tells me there is an exception for KSML's which have always required 24 hours notice.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:18 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Last time I flew YYZ-ORD, all J class only had a bag of chips! No more short haul J class for me!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 4:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by J_rob129
Last time I flew YYZ-ORD, all J class only had a bag of chips! No more short haul J class for me!
It has gotten better since the snack basket days. Now they offer a more healthier snack sized meal like: souvlaki and mixed veggies, or chicken pot pie, or a warm wrap.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by kwflyer
It has gotten better since the snack basket days. Now they offer a more healthier snack sized meal like: souvlaki and mixed veggies, or chicken pot pie, or a warm wrap.

I haven't been on short haul J class since then. I now much prefer to use my Avois for short haul YYZ/YUL-ORD/LGA/PHL/IAD Roundtrip for 9000 Avios vs Aeroplan 15000+YQ.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Looks like menu hasn't changed much since a May 19 post--same chicken, salmon and pasta on 4 hour YYC-YYZ flight. Could certainly do with a bit more variety for those that fly often but still way better than most of my flights on UA where food offerings on flights less than 2.5 hours is non-existent (really just health degrading snack foods) and US where even long haul flight food is kind of like the old days in econo.

Had salmon twice and while a bit dry was till pretty good. Bread seems better these days and salad was ok and wine was passable.

Still remember the great deserts from the 90s--they can bring those back anytime.

Would also like some cold options as I think salmon is better cold most of the time for whatever reason in the air. I used to always have that on YYC-YYZ red eye when they still served dinner at that time.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
That chicken with yellow goo and couscous is hands down the worst meal I have ever had on the planet. I rarely complain about AC, but this one is worth, in my opinion, a complaint!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Would also like some cold options as I think salmon is better cold most of the time for whatever reason in the air. I used to always have that on YYC-YYZ red eye when they still served dinner at that time.

I remember the cold plates on the E90/E75 pre-oven era. I remember quite liking the cold salmon offering. I had a cold salmon dish on a CRA last week and again, tend to agree that they taste better than most of the warm salmon dishes currently served on mainline
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
The warm salmon that is now the NLML option is pretty good :-)
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC SE
Noticed that there is a Green Curry Chicken main on the YYC-YUL for lunch today. Hadn't seen that on the menu before, so neat to see some new options.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gcashin
Noticed that there is a Green Curry Chicken main on the YYC-YUL for lunch today. Hadn't seen that on the menu before, so neat to see some new options.
Did you try it? If so, how was it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.