Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by mugatu
I sat next to celebrity chef Tyler Florence recently on AC739 SFO-YYZ. He ordered the beef and when it arrived, he took one look at it and covered it with his napkin. He then looked at my chicken in the same manner......while I was shoving a forkful into my mouth. I just looked at him and said "The mediocre wine makes it more palatable....". I then spent the remainder of the flight in a shadow of celebrity shame, ha ha.

Hilarious. Oh, to have been nearby to watch this......
P.S. Great reply "The mediocre wine makes it more palatable...."
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
I am 35 minutes from stepping out of my front door in Toronto to clearing security at YYZ, so my preference for an early morning flight is not to have time to go to the lounge, and get breakfast on board. And while this may sound silly to some but if they no longer serve a hot breakfast on the flight I can save my employer a few dollars and fly in a preferred seat in Y ( as I so on my afternoon returns to YOW YYZ) if there is no omelet

PS I have flown in Club Class on Air Transat and had great service and really good food.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:48 pm

Location: either in Salishaan, or at an isolated colliery in the Canadian northland
Programs: AC P75: previously, quintuple secret pterodactyl wings, every year
Improved catering at YEG

Good news and bad news in the YEG MLL.

Good news: vastly improved luncheon menu, including several sorts of salads and a delightful olive/sundried-tomato/garlic tapenade. Yum!

Bad news: food encrusted spoons in the spoon bin. To preserve the evidence as 'twere, I dropped one inside the big red flower vase above the soup-pots.

Recommendation: promote the cooks. Transfer the dishwasher to YMM.

(Mods -- this probably should go in another thread, but I can't find it. Thanks.)
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by mevlannen
Good news and bad news in the YEG MLL.

Good news: vastly improved luncheon menu, including several sorts of salads and a delightful olive/sundried-tomato/garlic tapenade. Yum!

Bad news: food encrusted spoons in the spoon bin. To preserve the evidence as 'twere, I dropped one inside the big red flower vase above the soup-pots.

Recommendation: promote the cooks. Transfer the dishwasher to YMM.

(Mods -- this probably should go in another thread, but I can't find it. Thanks.)

You can post it here with a message to Ben. You'll also see OP's report of a glass issue

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-q-thread.html
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by mapleg
I don't know how you folks can miss that omelette. Even when starving I am lucky if I can even eat 1/2 of it.
Agreed! Blech! That "omelet" was just plain disgusting. I think I ate it maybe 5 times over the past few years, and it always felt like a rock in my stomach for most of the day. During the past year or so, even the smell of it would make my stomach turn sometimes.

I wish it would be replaced all together with something a little more appealing, and bring back the option of the cold breakfast (circa 2008) too.

Last edited by jaysona; Nov 20, 2014 at 8:47 am Reason: Not much for post #1000, but there it is! ;)
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I actually really like it.

I mean it's nothing compared to the last $20 omelette I had at a hotel a few weeks ago, but it's still good.
I seriously question your definition of "good" Especially given the awesome omelets that can be had where you live!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
There is no way you're THAT young! They were still around in '89! Either that or I'm starting to really feel old.
He's young enough to not remember Wardair. I remember them as well, but seeing as I was a teenager at the time when I flew them I didn't really appreciated what was offered at the time like I would ap[appreciate that offering today - if it were available! But yes, I recall a few YYZ-YYC flights with awesome breakfast and lunch services, cutlery, china and all. *sigh*

I never did like the colour of their interiors though.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I would miss the hot breakfast as well on that route. Back in the 727 Rapidair days they managed to serve the whole plane a hot breakfast so I'm not sure why flight duration has become an issue now (although I guess more seats and fewer crew probably factors into it - I think I just answered my own question!).
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Plumber
Count me in as loving the Omelette.

I sometimes fly YOW-YYZ -YVR and get two Omelettes in a morning!

I guess I should say I used to get get two.....no more if it is not being served on YOW-YYZ.
Ouf!! I don't know how you can do that! I think I would feel like I have poisoned myself after having two of those in one day.

Plus, if I ate that omelet every time I flew I wouldn't be able to fit in the J seats after a couple of weeks of flying!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:48 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by jaysona
Ouf!! I don't know how you can do that! I think I would feel like I have poisoned myself after having two of those in one day.

Plus, if I ate that omelet every time I flew I wouldn't be able to fit in the J seats after a couple of weeks of flying!
I like the omelet. Wished the sausage was actually pork, but I understand the cultural/religious/operations reasons behind it.

What is annoying is flying YUL-YYZ-somewhere else with an early morning departure out of YUL. You get breakfast, then breakfast again.... and the other stuff usually isn't interesting.

Talk about first world problems..
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
The great omelette debate. Who would've thought?? The fact that it is being debated is a testament to its quality
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
The great omelette debate. Who would've thought?? The fact that it is being debated is a testament to its quality
Or at how well the drugs are working that are implanted into that meal to keep some addicted... :P
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
Must be the same drug that is in Tim Horton's coffee.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jaysona
I seriously question your definition of "good" Especially given the awesome omelets that can be had where you live!
Well it's all relative.

Is it a gourmet breakfast? No.

Is it as good as what I eat on a typical morning? Not quite.

But I like the taste. So what more can I ask for? Yeah, I'd like to see a frying pan on an open flame, where they crack the eggs, put in toppings of my choice, and serve it to me "fresh", but that seems unlikely,
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Well it's all relative.

Is it a gourmet breakfast? No.

Is it as good as what I eat on a typical morning? Not quite.

But I like the taste. So what more can I ask for? Yeah, I'd like to see a frying pan on an open flame, where they crack the eggs, put in toppings of my choice, and serve it to me "fresh", but that seems unlikely,
Isn't this the goal in light of the recent devaluations? To have a comparable 5* airline product?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.