Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Ah yeah, gotcha. Ben did say something about files having to be rejigged, but those that had flights coming up immediately after the announcement of the removal were worked on first and that they would continue to work through the backlog to get it fixed. I'm sure if you PM Ben or call in your file will be cleaned up. If not, I hope it works out for you! - although Ben did say that they'll get to it eventually

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
In fairness to us both, I think my file still needs to be cleared up further. I have a smorgasbord of fare codes that AC still needs to fix (e.g., I have "Latitude N", Latitude "B", "Flex W" showing when none of these 3 codes were present when I bought the ticket It was all "O".

A call in the morning to customer service should help - my inquiring mind just wanted to see if others have experienced any similar snafus in the meantime.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
This might help explain why AC's wines don't quite match up with the big boys...

http://www.wine-searcher.com/m/2014/...illion-on-wine
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:10 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by The Lev
This might help explain why AC's wines don't quite match up with the big boys...

http://www.wine-searcher.com/m/2014/...illion-on-wine
Would you expect AC's J wines to match EK's F?

Would you expect any NA's airline wine selection to match EK's F?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PLeblond

Perhaps you might look at it differently, that they are doing it in response to competitive pressures. Quite a few of which have outstanding wine programs for their premium cabins. It also shows that they are investing in their product, and "gasp" have a plan which they are executing.

Apart from the Drappier what other great wines does AC have on board ? It is like the new espresso product that they are finally introducing(a decade after their benchmarked competitors at least), Lavazza Blue ! Pretty much the most run of the mill Italian espresso there is, and there are many !
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Red Pepper Relish as part of the Omelette dish sighting!

Domestic portion of AC34 on Dec 2!

(Also, served as part of the pre-arrival brunch Omelette dish on the international portion of AC33 on Nov 25!)

I know many of you don't like the Omelette dish (within NA - not necessarily the catered version outside of NA), but I have liked it for years and years. Call me a masochist?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Red Pepper Relish as part of the Omelette dish sighting!

Domestic portion of AC34 on Dec 2!

(Also, served as part of the pre-arrival brunch Omelette dish on the international portion of AC33 on Nov 25!)

I know many of you don't like the Omelette dish (within NA - not necessarily the catered version outside of NA), but I have liked it for years and years. Call me a masochist?
Isn't it wild that they can still offer the same omelette decades on ! Does it still come with the chorizo sausage ? My old favourite was the cherry crepes......
Old Dec 4, 2014, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Isn't it wild that they can still offer the same omelette decades on ! Does it still come with the chorizo sausage ? My old favourite was the cherry crepes......
It comes with various sausage types, but I do believe one of them was chorizo... sometimes chicken.

Remember the frittatas? I got a lot of mushy ones so not sad that AC eventually yanked them!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
It comes with various sausage types, but I do believe one of them was chorizo... sometimes chicken.

Remember the frittatas? I got a lot of mushy ones so not sad that AC eventually yanked them!
Fritta...I remember having the choice of Omelette with red sauce (variations of a red theme), Fritata, and do you recall that melted mushroom thing ?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Perhaps you might look at it differently, that they are doing it in response to competitive pressures. Quite a few of which have outstanding wine programs for their premium cabins. It also shows that they are investing in their product, and "gasp" have a plan which they are executing.

Apart from the Drappier what other great wines does AC have on board ? It is like the new espresso product that they are finally introducing(a decade after their benchmarked competitors at least), Lavazza Blue ! Pretty much the most run of the mill Italian espresso there is, and there are many !
I'm not saying that AC doesn't have room for improvement on their wines. But AC does not offer a F class, and doesn't pretend to. EK offers F and even F+ if you consider things like showers and a bar on board. Do you really believe there is a market for that level of product in NA? Are there, in your opinion, enough people willing to pay the fares EK is asking for this product?

There are, I believe, two NA carriers offering an F product. I would suspect they are reconsidering offering a F product, in light of what the competition is currently offering. They should be feeling shame calling their product 'First Class' compared to the new benchmarks in the industry.

AC offers an international J class, not an F, so your example of what EK is currently offering to its F class passengers is like staying at a Westin and asking why you don't have the amenities of the Mandarin Oriental.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
AC offers an international J class, not an F, so your example of what EK is currently offering to its F class passengers is like staying at a Westin and asking why you don't have the amenities of the Mandarin Oriental.
Apparently you've never seen the QR J wine list.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Omelette debate

Since we're on the North America Executive class meal service thread, I thought I'd look at the menu from my last U.S. west coast flight

"Parsley omelette with chicken sausage, herbed Yukon potato and salsa served with sliced fruit and yogurt"

Here you go

Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Since we're on the North America Executive class meal service thread, I thought I'd look at the menu from my last U.S. west coast flight

"Parsley omelette with chicken sausage, herbed Yukon potato and salsa served with sliced fruit and yogurt"
Wow, seems like that wording hasn't changed for 2 years
(nor should it, I kind of like this option .... would like it better if it was TWO sausages)
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by maradori
Wow, seems like that wording hasn't changed for 2 years
(nor should it, I kind of like this option .... would like it better if it was TWO sausages)

maradori
Funny you should mention it. My seat mate wanted extra sausages so I traded for extra potatoes. Funny how things work out for breakfast at 30,000

As for 2 sausages, have you ever asked the SD if there were any left in meals not taken?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know what EK F is like. But at least I would hope that they would be drinkeable. Currently they are quite a bit worse than what we drink at home on a daily basis. That's not good.

I wish I could bring a bottle through security and ask an FA to serve me my own wine. Would make my point, I guess.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
I don't know what EK F is like. But at least I would hope that they would be drinkeable. Currently they are quite a bit worse than what we drink at home on a daily basis. That's not good.

I wish I could bring a bottle through security and ask an FA to serve me my own wine. Would make my point, I guess.
Again, I did say there was room for improvement on the part of AC.

But I'm not expecting à Pétrus. I just thought that flaunting EK's F wine selection a little gratuitous.

At the other end of the spectrum, my cousin was recently Uped to (domestic) F on DL due to IRROPS. When the FA came around to offer him a drink she asked "What flavour wine would you like".... And no wine tastes good in a plastic cup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.