Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
I have earned 5,000 status points already. I believe you get that for spending 5k. I believe I have blown through the 15k limit for 15k status points already too, but I have not received the other 10k.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
It is 5,000 status points for $10,000 in charges up to 15,000 for $30,000
Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:56 pm

I LOVE Virgin. I HATE Comenity Bank. When Virgin offered new cards, they switched from Barclays to Comenity. I can't get them to raise my credit above $6k even though I have perfect credit and pay in full each month. They said I have to wait 6 months to do this. My card has been cut off 3 times because of this limit. AND, yes, you have to call in NOT just to change/cancel your flights w/ the $149 card, you also CAN NOT cancel/change payments on the Comenity/Virgin credit card site.

Also be careful - you can NOT change/cancel flights for free that you've booked with miles.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 4:01 pm

Totally agree with ALL of this.
They won't increase my credit limit in first 6 months so my card has been cut off 4 times - I have PERFECT credit AND I pay my bill in full each month.

You can't change or cancel payments online?

Website, as you said, is antiquated.

Virgin has REALLY jeopardized their good name and brand by choosing Comenity.

I agree, I had a few annoyances w/ Barclays but I've NEVER disliked or had SUCH an unpleasant overall experience with a bank as I have with Comenity.

And I'm paying $149 for this?!!!
Old Jul 15, 2014, 4:22 pm

[QUOTE=mehatsea;23201607]Totally agree with ALL of this.
They won't increase my credit limit in first 6 months so my card has been cut off 4 times - I have PERFECT credit AND I pay my bill in full each month.

They gave me a $40,000 line (from $25k) I think over the phone. Keep after them..maybe ask them what it takes to get an increase..I found Barclays much worse in this regard.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 4:28 pm

Correction - increase in line took two days

[QUOTE=Pilot05;23201707]
Originally Posted by mehatsea
Totally agree with ALL of this.

They gave me a $40,000 line (from $25k) I think over the phone ( i made the request over the phone, but they gave me a decision 2 days later). Keep after them..maybe ask them what it takes to get an increase..I found Barclays much worse in this regard.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by mehatsea
Also be careful - you can NOT change/cancel flights for free that you've booked with miles.
This is why I book my miles flights one way only. That way if I need to cancel/change one it only affects one flight and not both.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
One other warning about using the free flight cancellation feature. Once the flight is cancelled the money goes back into the travel bank. When you book the new ticket using the travel bank, reservations shows that the money came from the travel bank and it is not linked to the visa card. Don't know if I got a clueless agent or if that is the way it is supposed to work but the new ticket can no longer be changed or cancelled as they said it was purchased with the travel bank and not the credit card.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:25 pm

Has anyone else noticed that their promotional points haven't posted? I've checked my Virgin account and the 20,000 points don't show. I do show points from normal spending though.

You can't pull up rewards on Comenity's site unless you pull up the statements but none of my statements show the points.

I signed up through the first targeted email I received which was well before the January 31st cutoff for the offer.

I've also noticed that on Virgin my status points show as 0 despite the fact that all of my points are from spend on my card.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Mike_K
I've also noticed that on Virgin my status points show as 0 despite the fact that all of my points are from spend on my card.
Are you thinking that all your credit card points are going to be added to your status points? You need to hit one of the 3 $10k spending tiers to get the status points.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Mike_K
Has anyone else noticed that their promotional points haven't posted? I've checked my Virgin account and the 20,000 points don't show. I do show points from normal spending though.

You can't pull up rewards on Comenity's site unless you pull up the statements but none of my statements show the points.

I signed up through the first targeted email I received which was well before the January 31st cutoff for the offer.

It only takes 1 billing cycle for your bonus points to post. I got my bonus and spending points I think 2-business days after my billing cycle ended.

It sounds like you're past the cycle as your points from spending were already posted. I would call Virgin America and dial through to the Elevate program to ask about this. The elevate program CSR would have all the info to assist you.

good luck
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:35 am

how long did it take for you to receive the updated card? Not the Barclaycard conversion, but the new Comenity updated card?

When I signed up, I got my card in 48 hours, with a note that said they will send me a more atheistically pleasing card.

the current one has already started to streak all over from the swiping after 2 months of swiping.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:40 pm

This card is ridiculous. Can't change statement close date, the website is horrible, I've been through three cards since they can't make one of decent quality. Among many other issues with dealing with a no-name credit card issuer. =(
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Frindle
This card is ridiculous. Can't change statement close date, the website is horrible, I've been through three cards since they can't make one of decent quality. Among many other issues with dealing with a no-name credit card issuer. =(

wait...how did you go through 3 cards? Have they sent you the replacement "nip tucked" version yet?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by mdosu
wait...how did you go through 3 cards? Have they sent you the replacement "nip tucked" version yet?
I sent an email asking about an update 2 months after the email, and they thought I was requesting a new card, so they sent me a replacement, and then three weeks ago, I got an email saying to expect a new card in the mail soon. Surprisingly it still hasn't shown up.

Slightly OT, but has anyone used this card to purchase Amex GCs? Can't find any information if it posts as a CA or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.