Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 6:44 pm

Has anyone received their $150 companion credit? I believe it's supposed to be emailed to you 4-6 weeks after you pay your annual fee. It's only been 4 weeks but I'm a little anxious since I want to book a flight with it. Just wondering if anyone's received theirs yet and how long it took. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:53 am

To add to the features that are missing list - an accounting of the miles sent to VX on the statement or Comenity site.
(Again a comparison to the world-class online support of Citi and AA - my first statement closed on Friday. Yesterday, I saw the miles earned, including the 100K bonus and today, AA shows the new, correct balance.
In comparison, both the Comenity and VX are several levels beneath that standard - and Virgin's site, in particular has been notable for its problems and limitations since inception)
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA G
Just applied online - got the "we will contact you in 7-10 business days" message
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MarkBearSF
To add to the features that are missing list - an accounting of the miles sent to VX on the statement or Comenity site.
(Again a comparison to the world-class online support of Citi and AA - my first statement closed on Friday. Yesterday, I saw the miles earned, including the 100K bonus and today, AA shows the new, correct balance.
In comparison, both the Comenity and VX are several levels beneath that standard - and Virgin's site, in particular has been notable for its problems and limitations since inception)
Miles earned show on my statement, that being said, my sign on 20k aren't there and I spent $1,008.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I just received my first full statement (the first one was annual fee only) - I have $8310.62 in purchases, including $2304 in VX tickets, and the statement says I've earned 5901 new points. I've sent CS a message.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I just received my first full statement (the first one was annual fee only) - I have $8310.62 in purchases, including $2304 in VX tickets, and the statement says I've earned 5901 new points. I've sent CS a message.
Just looked at my Comenity VX Visa statement. I had more than $5k in purchases and all my purchases were properly credited as Elevate points this month. ^
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by unavaca
Just applied online - got the "we will contact you in 7-10 business days" message
Approved for the Premium card. Called the recon line (800-303-1368) and was told that my application needed additional verification. They'll give you your application number and the phone number for the Account Protection (read: fraud prevention) department. That number is 800-888-1726 and they're open until 9pm Eastern.

^
Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Have you received a response yet? That is some fuzzy math. My points dont seem to add up exactly right either, but not to the extent that yours does. I made $3,052 in purchases, but only received 2,998 points. I wonder if this is due to them rounding down the points to the nearest dollar. This was so much easier with Barclay when they showed the points for each purchase.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SoCalZman
Have you received a response yet? That is some fuzzy math. My points dont seem to add up exactly right either, but not to the extent that yours does. I made $3,052 in purchases, but only received 2,998 points. I wonder if this is due to them rounding down the points to the nearest dollar. This was so much easier with Barclay when they showed the points for each purchase.
Thank you for your recent inquiry to our Customer Care Department.
Comenity Capital Bank issues your account and responds to all credit
related inquiries.

Please be assured your reward points will be updated when your next
billing statement is issued. Your points will be included on your
statement, as well as your online account information.

We hope this information is helpful. For the security of your account
information, we ask if there are any follow up questions you have
related to this concern, that you submit them by logging into your
account and utilize the "Contact Us" link.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Thank you for your recent inquiry to our Customer Care Department.
Comenity Capital Bank issues your account and responds to all credit
related inquiries.

Please be assured your reward points will be updated when your next
billing statement is issued. Your points will be included on your
statement, as well as your online account information.

We hope this information is helpful. For the security of your account
information, we ask if there are any follow up questions you have
related to this concern, that you submit them by logging into your
account and utilize the "Contact Us" link.
This is the exact same canned response I got when I asked about my 20k points for the sign on bonus.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PainCorp
This is the exact same canned response I got when I asked about my 20k points for the sign on bonus.
Well, then they must have at least 2 cans.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Finally got my invitation to apply for the VA Visa Signature card:

Hi DCBob,

We have 10,000 great reasons for you to apply for the new Virgin America Visa Signature Card. As one of our most valued Elevate® members, you’ll get 10,000 Elevate points1 after you make $1,000 in eligible purchases within your first 90 days as a cardholder. That’s enough for up to $200 in Virgin America reward flights*. It’s all yours for a low $49 annual fee.

Really?? If I'm one of your MOST VALUED customers why do I get the same offer others received almost two months ago? Or was that just hyperbole?

Lousy deal and I will stick with my Barclaycard Arrival MasterCard, which arrived in January. The least Comenity Bank could have done was offer VA's "most valued" customers a better deal, like maybe 20K or 30K Elevate points.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by vxflyer
Ha, if they do that again, they'd better make a deal with the new bank to take on all the current cardholders automatically and not make people apply again.
The new bank might do that if they could get their hands on a list of old bank cardholders (not just ELEVATE members). No bank in its right mind would agree to give their list of account holders to another bank and you can bet VA is prohibited from sharing that proprietary information with Comenity Bank.

Last edited by DCBob; Feb 27, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: AA-Gold, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold
My first statement was off the by 1400 points. My second statement just closed and they corrected the amounts so my spend and elevate points now reconcile.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your post seems to contain just a little hyperbole

The email is an ad, nothing more than a piece of junk mail.

Recall that VX already gave us a bunch of points for the prior card, and now more points for the new one.

Note that as a (theoretically) happy VX flyer, VX wants to give you something, but not the the entire F cabin, to you for your business. We want them to make money and keep flying, no?

I'm pretty happy with the perks on the new card. You aren't, and are keeping the new "old" card. We have a cornucopia of options. Even AX is giving VX flyers a statement credit for a purchase right now. The world is your oyster.

Kumbaya

Originally Posted by DCBob
Finally got my invitation to apply for the VA Visa Signature card:

Hi DCBob,

We have 10,000 great reasons for you to apply for the new Virgin America Visa Signature Card. As one of our most valued Elevate® members, you’ll get 10,000 Elevate points1 after you make $1,000 in eligible purchases within your first 90 days as a cardholder. That’s enough for up to $200 in Virgin America reward flights*. It’s all yours for a low $49 annual fee.

Really?? If I'm one of your MOST VALUED customers why do I get the same offer others received almost two months ago? Or was that just hyperbole?

Lousy deal and I will stick with my Barclaycard Arrival MasterCard, which arrived in January. The least Comenity Bank could have done was offer VA's "most valued" customers a better deal, like maybe 20K or 30K Elevate points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.