Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by vxflyer
Ha, if they do that again, they'd better make a deal with the new bank to take on all the current cardholders automatically and not make people apply again.
Not possible. Only if it's through the same bank/issuer who already has a signed cardholder agreement. New card issuer means a new application.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS — views are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer
Originally Posted by ZbadhabitZ
Not to take this thread in a different direction, but has anyone received their new non-premium VX Visa card yet? I signed up on 1/8, with approval (matching my same credit limit on the old VX Visa, just to make mention as I know that was a discussion point), and a quote of 7-10 business days, which has since passed and no arrival.

I see a fair number of posts discussing the card quality of the premium card, but can't say I've seen a thread mentioning anyone who has received the non-premium.
My non-premium card arrived today 1/27 via regular USPS mail. I had applied and was approved online on 1/13. (In the meantime I too got a statement with the annual fee on it.)

It basically looks like how it does on the website, matte black with a pink translucent "window" in the corner; and the account number, date, and name are printed in silver, not pink. Yeah, I'm not thrilled with the quality, but ah well. A few days ago I did receive that e-mail that others have mentioned about how they are sending out replacements.

Aside: My Barclays Arrival Mastercard arrived last week.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta
I got my VX Premium card about two weeks ago, but just now got a mailer offering the 25K mile bonus. I'm going to call them and see what they can do for me.

My ultimatum to Barclays to give me their new-customer bonus or lose my business is still being considered, apparently...
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Elevate, B6 TrueBlue, DL SkyMiles
Originally Posted by cringle
Not possible. Only if it's through the same bank/issuer who already has a signed cardholder agreement. New card issuer means a new application.
Not if the bank were to agree to it. Give us your info, sign, done, here's your new card. It's possible. Whether you think they *would* do that is another story.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rekoil
I got my VX Premium card about two weeks ago, but just now got a mailer offering the 25K mile bonus. I'm going to call them and see what they can do for me.

My ultimatum to Barclays to give me their new-customer bonus or lose my business is still being considered, apparently...
By "mailer" I assume you mean via post and not email, correct?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: Delta
By "mailer" I assume you mean via post and not email, correct?
Correct, this came as ink on dead trees delivered by a man in a diesel truck. I just got off the phone with Comenity, who told me that I'm already getting the 25K bonus; however, the mailer directs to virginamerica.com/creditcard which still says that the Premium card only gets you 15K bonus points. I'll hang onto the mailer and see what shows up in my account at the end of the month.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:08 am

Not if the bank were to agree to it. Give us your info, sign, done, here's your new card. It's possible. Whether you think they *would* do that is another story.
I mean it's legally not possible. You must sign a cardholder agreement with the new company physically or electronically.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 6:02 am
Suspended

I mean it's legally not possible. You must sign a cardholder agreement with the new company physically or electronically.
That's what I said, you would sign one, and get it.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
For what it's worth, it appears that those of us that received pre-approved offers were transferred over under the "sign and here's your card" since no hard pull was pulled on my credit for this application, at least that I can see.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: Virgin Elevate Silver, Alaska MVP
Elevate Silver, former Barclaycard VX Visa cardholder here:
I applied and received yesterday the VX Comenity Visa. Boy, is it ugly. Anyway, I applied via the link in an email from VX offering 20k bonus Elevate points for spending $1000 in the first 3 months. Yet all the printed material I received from Comenity and VX says I'll be receiving 10k bonus points. Should I just be patient and expect the 20,000? Or, would you hassle VX about this discrepancy ahead of time?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Chachito415
Elevate Silver, former Barclaycard VX Visa cardholder here:
I applied and received yesterday the VX Comenity Visa. Boy, is it ugly. Anyway, I applied via the link in an email from VX offering 20k bonus Elevate points for spending $1000 in the first 3 months. Yet all the printed material I received from Comenity and VX says I'll be receiving 10k bonus points. Should I just be patient and expect the 20,000? Or, would you hassle VX about this discrepancy ahead of time?
They're pretty reasonable on the phone. I would call them and ask them to note your account, which they will do.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:00 am
Suspended

Has anyone that's already had a statement close been getting an email every day saying a statement is available? REALLY annoying.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Has anyone that's already had a statement close been getting an email every day saying a statement is available? REALLY annoying.

Me too. Probably indicative of a new relationship.
If they don't stop, I will block the sender.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pilot05
Me too. Probably indicative of a new relationship.
If they don't stop, I will block the sender.
Just called Comenity, they said they are aware of it and IT should have it fixed by the end of the day.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Anybody have experience with point posting yet? My statement closed on the 24th. Called yesterday as no points had posted yet. Was told it would take 1 or 2 more billing cycles before any points post. Call them back if no points post by mid-March. Can't imagine they have so many VX accounts to deal with at this point and surely points would post faster than that.

Login today and the base points posted but not the bonus points for VX ticket purchases--though on the statement it shows the correct amount of points. Will wait a few days and see if the VX ticket 3 X the points post. While the Comenity people are generally friendly, they are mostly clueless when it comes to the program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.