Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
My sign up bonus just posted...so now just waiting for the $150 off certificate.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
My sign up bonus just posted...so now just waiting for the $150 off certificate.
Same here. I was only offered 15K points with the pre approval but I received 20K. Posted in 2 transactions:

Virgin America 02/28/2014 Premium Visa Card - Sign Up Promotion Points +5,000 Earned
Virgin America 02/28/2014 Premium Visa Card - Sign Up Bonus Points +15,000 Earned
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Same here.

Virgin America 02/28/2014 Premium Visa Card - Sign Up Promotion Points +10,000 Earned
Virgin America 02/28/2014 Premium Visa Card - Sign Up Bonus Points +15,000 Earned
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Same here.

Virgin America 02/28/2014 Premium Visa Card - Sign Up Promotion Points +10,000 Earned
I only have one 15K transaction posted despite responding to a 25K offer. Time to call and complain...again.

In other news, they finally fixed the mint.com integration, so they have that going for them, which is nice.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
I have two 10k transactions. Not gonna work on Elevate for a while I think. 50k is more than enough in that program for me.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Got all 25k points posted to my account today. Yay.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Silver
Has anyone received the new version of the credit card yet? Looks like it's been over a month since many of us got that e-mail saying this:

"Thanks for applying for the new Virgin America VisaŽ Card. If you haven't received your new card already, it will be arriving shortly. We wanted to get your card to you as quickly as possible, but cosmetically it might not be as perfect as either of us would like. We're fixing that with a little nip-and-tuck and will be sending you a replacement card soon. In the meantime, please activate and start using the card to take advantage of all your new cardholder benefits. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. "
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJGooden
Has anyone received the new version of the credit card yet? Looks like it's been over a month since many of us got that e-mail saying this:

"Thanks for applying for the new Virgin America VisaŽ Card. If you haven't received your new card already, it will be arriving shortly. We wanted to get your card to you as quickly as possible, but cosmetically it might not be as perfect as either of us would like. We're fixing that with a little nip-and-tuck and will be sending you a replacement card soon. In the meantime, please activate and start using the card to take advantage of all your new cardholder benefits. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. "
I've managed to rack up nearly $10K in charges with the old one without sparks flying out of it or chunks falling off
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Silver
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I've managed to rack up nearly $10K in charges with the old one without sparks flying out of it or chunks falling off
Yeah, mine works fine too - just feels a little cheap. Maybe they scrapped the re-design plan?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:48 pm
Suspended

I just sent an email to them today asking since it has been a month since I got the card. I haven't put a penny on it since meeting spend, but I just want to make sure that it's not lost in the mail. Plus I keep a collection of all my credit cards and such from the points/miles game.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: AS — views are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer
Re: Mint.com, I just got an e-mail (as I'm supposing we all did) from Comenity: "As a new cardholder, your opinion is very important to us. That's why we listened to your feedback on improving the integration of the Virgin America VisaŽ Card with third-party budgeting sites. To help you keep track of your spending, you can now add your Virgin America Visa Card account to Mint.com and starting March 10, 2014, you'll also be able to do so with Quicken."
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: VX Elevate, B6 TrueBlue, DL SkyMiles
Originally Posted by skyblue
Re: Mint.com, I just got an e-mail (as I'm supposing we all did) from Comenity: "As a new cardholder, your opinion is very important to us. That's why we listened to your feedback on improving the integration of the Virgin America VisaŽ Card with third-party budgeting sites. To help you keep track of your spending, you can now add your Virgin America Visa Card account to Mint.com and starting March 10, 2014, you'll also be able to do so with Quicken."
Well that's great news!

Now if they'd improve the quality (aka redesign) of the card itself, and work on some of the customer service complaints people have had....
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:30 pm
Suspended

I got a reply to the email asking about when I would receive a new card. I was told "as requested we have sent you a new card." I never requested a new card, you jacked up the initial one and were forced to replace it, don't put this on me.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PainCorp
I got a reply to the email asking about when I would receive a new card. I was told "as requested we have sent you a new card." I never requested a new card, you jacked up the initial one and were forced to replace it, don't put this on me.
Why are you seemingly getting bent out of shape, and really, what is the BFD?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:23 pm

The Companion Fare is coming..the companion fare is coming...

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Just got my $150-off companion fare email. ^

Good for a year.
must use the VX Visa card
for roundtrip purchases only -companion must be on same itinerary
Can also be used for $75 off Int'l travel (new?) with a companion
Plenty of blackout dates
14-day advanced purchase

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.