Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA G
The posts here makes it sounds like this is Comenity's first "big boy" credit card issuance deal

No more training wheels!
Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Anybody have experience with point posting yet? My statement closed on the 24th. Called yesterday as no points had posted yet. Was told it would take 1 or 2 more billing cycles before any points post. Call them back if no points post by mid-March. Can't imagine they have so many VX accounts to deal with at this point and surely points would post faster than that.

Login today and the base points posted but not the bonus points for VX ticket purchases--though on the statement it shows the correct amount of points. Will wait a few days and see if the VX ticket 3 X the points post. While the Comenity people are generally friendly, they are mostly clueless when it comes to the program.
Today I got my Elevate points for making regular purchases on the new VX card (1 x$). My statement also closed on 1/24. I have not yet received my signup bonus points ( I am expecting 25k), although I have reached the minimum spend requirements. No need to panic yet. I actually think the monthly post is pretty quick..5 days
Old Jan 29, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: Alaska / Hilton / Amtrak / Avis
I just got off the phone with Comenity, and they said to expect the re-issued card (the one of higher quality Vx sent an e-mail about last week) in 7-10 business days (i.e., they should be starting to show up at the end of next week).

The printing in the "windows" of my silver card is starting to rub off, and you can feel the embossed CCV code on the front of the card. Pretty shoddy construction.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Pilot05
Today I got my Elevate points for making regular purchases on the new VX card (1 x$). My statement also closed on 1/24. I have not yet received my signup bonus points ( I am expecting 25k), although I have reached the minimum spend requirements. No need to panic yet. I actually think the monthly post is pretty quick..5 days
You likely won't until the 90 day time period comes to an end.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Did get the triple points for VX purchases credited. Was added three times on the 30th and taken away twice on the 31st...but the end result was the correct total posted.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
In case anyone has NOT received their Barclay mastercard yet, you might want to call them. I called and asked when it would be coming and they immediately put a hold on my accound and said they would over night a new one. I guess mine got lost in the mail.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 4:11 pm

My statement closed on the 24th.
I have new charges to the 28th.
29th-31st no charges even though I've bought multiple flights and other items.
My 'current available balanace' is wrong by a good $500! Becareful.

Last edited by virginflightshavedoom; Jan 31, 2014 at 4:57 pm
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA++
Cancelling flight or changing flight

Does anyone know the details about changing flights/cancelling flights for free if we have the card?

I have the card, but I booked the flights using other credit card, because i didn't get the virgin CC ontime to book the flights.

Is it possible to cancel/change flights only because I have the virgin CC but did not purchase the tickets with virgin CC, in this situation?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: AS — views are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer
Originally Posted by ssg10
Does anyone know the details about changing flights/cancelling flights for free if we have the card?

I have the card, but I booked the flights using other credit card, because i didn't get the virgin CC ontime to book the flights.

Is it possible to cancel/change flights only because I have the virgin CC but did not purchase the tickets with virgin CC, in this situation?
I'm thinking no. Note 4 from the terms and conditions (linked from the VX credit card offer page) says "To receive the waived change or cancel fee benefit, you must include your Elevate account number in your reservation and use your Premium Card to purchase your ticket(s) directly from Virgin America."
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by skyblue
I'm thinking no. Note 4 from the terms and conditions (linked from the VX credit card offer page) says "To receive the waived change or cancel fee benefit, you must include your Elevate account number in your reservation and use your Premium Card to purchase your ticket(s) directly from Virgin America."
Also buried in the fine print here: you can't rebook without penalty on reward flights, only fully-paid bookings.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA-Gold, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Anybody have experience with point posting yet? My statement closed on the 24th. Called yesterday as no points had posted yet. Was told it would take 1 or 2 more billing cycles before any points post. Call them back if no points post by mid-March. Can't imagine they have so many VX accounts to deal with at this point and surely points would post faster than that.

Login today and the base points posted but not the bonus points for VX ticket purchases--though on the statement it shows the correct amount of points. Will wait a few days and see if the VX ticket 3 X the points post. While the Comenity people are generally friendly, they are mostly clueless when it comes to the program.
My statement also closed on the 24th. I had about 4k in spend but only received 2400 points posted to my Elevate account. I'm guessing the USB Buxx charges didn't receive points but I can't figure out why the other 600 points didn't post. Anybody else have any charges that are not receiving points?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: Skypass, Delta, AA, US Air, Marriott, SPG
No points posted on my Elevate account yet.

A bit disappointed with their webpage showing recent activities... takes 48 hours to update to the most recent transaction!!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: Delta
I saw some, but not all, of my points post for the first month's card activity (750 points for ~$1300 in charges). Wondering how long I should wait for the others to appear before calling them...

A far bigger problem is the fact that none of Comenity's cards integrate with Mint.com, which has been my go-to personal finance tool for years. It appears that Comenity rolled out a two-factor authentication at the same time they started issuing the VX card, and broke Mint integration with all of their other private-label cards as well.

I highly encourage folks to keep the pressure on Comenity to re-establish this integration - other CC providers with two-factor auth have been able to do it, including Chase, which has the same login system (a one-time PIN that's sent via email or SMS). For my part, if this isn't fixed soon, I'll just go back to using the Barclay's card.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: Virgin Elevate Silver, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by rekoil
I saw some, but not all, of my points post for the first month's card activity (750 points for ~$1300 in charges). Wondering how long I should wait for the others to appear before calling them...

A far bigger problem is the fact that none of Comenity's cards integrate with Mint.com, which has been my go-to personal finance tool for years. It appears that Comenity rolled out a two-factor authentication at the same time they started issuing the VX card, and broke Mint integration with all of their other private-label cards as well.

I highly encourage folks to keep the pressure on Comenity to re-establish this integration - other CC providers with two-factor auth have been able to do it, including Chase, which has the same login system (a one-time PIN that's sent via email or SMS). For my part, if this isn't fixed soon, I'll just go back to using the Barclay's card.
Yeah, the Mint incompatibility sucks. My wife and I rely on Mint. My biggest complaint is the annual fee, as I happily had one of the early VX Visas with no annual fee.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA-Gold, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by rekoil

Can you figure out which charges did not qualify for points? Did you have any MS on the card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.