Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:35 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Anyone know if the waived change/cancel fees apply to all passengers in the reservation, or only the named cardholder? While the T&C suggest the waiver applies to all passengers (see bolded portion below -- says "a" passenger, not "the" passenger), it is not totally clear:

6-4. Flight Change/Cancel Fee Waiver (for Premium Cardholders only): Premium Cardholders are eligible to receive waived change or cancel fees (as published at virginamerica.com) when purchasing non-refundable fares on Virgin America-operated flights. To receive the waived change or cancel fee benefit, you must include your Elevate account number in your reservation and use your Premium Card to purchase your ticket(s) directly from
Virgin America. Your Credit Card Account must be in open and not in default at the time of making a change or cancellation to an existing reservation. The waived change or cancel fee benefit is only available on paid Virgin America marketed and operated flights; codeshare flights with a Virgin America flight number but operated by another airline are not eligible. The waived change or cancel fee benefit is not valid for Reward Travel, where the published Elevate redeposit fee will apply for cancellations. When changing a reservation, you will be responsible for paying for any difference in fare in accordance with the original purchased fare rules. Premium cardholders must remain a named passenger on the reservation and include their Elevate account number in order to receive the waived change or cancel fee benefit. When changing or cancelling a reservation, any remaining funds will be credited to your Travel Bank account for future travel on Virgin America. The travel credit is valid ithin 12 months from the date of change or cancellation. To make a change or cancellation to an existing reservation, you must call the Virgin America Contact Center at 1.877.FLY.VIRGIN (877.359.8474) from the United States and Canada, 001.877.359.8474 from Mexico, or +1.650.762.7005 from other countries prior to your scheduled flight departure time. If you call from the United States, you may access a complimentary telecommunications relay service by dialing 711.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:59 am

So I applied and received an email saying "We are reviewing the information you provided, and we will contact you by mail within 7-10 business days." Does this basically mean I was declined. I really hate not being able to earn elevate points with my credit card.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: Biggly ones everywhere
VX Barclays Gone

A Generic Barclays MC is the replacement from them, worthless & already cancelled at my house. "Comenity Capital Bank" is on the VX website offering the new cards. Don't fly them enough to do it since PHL-SFO does not allow useful connections (e.g. PDX)

Comenity Capital Bank is from OHIO. There could be from the moon for all I know.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:43 pm

I'm sorry, but if I'm going to be paying an annual fee, the benefits better be decent. However, the benefits seems more of the same and more like the legacy airlines like United or Delta. I might as well pay them the annual fee and have access to a larger travel network.

I like Virgin, but I'm pretty much limited to the west coast networks.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
I dunno, I plan on splitting some charges between the MC and the VX VISA. I can use the VX visa points for airfare and the MC points for something like hotel/other travel charges.

I have already had one discussion with Comenity customer service. They were very easy to talk to and am happy so far. I am looking forward to using the card and seeing how it goes long term.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by gu15fo
So I applied and received an email saying "We are reviewing the information you provided, and we will contact you by mail within 7-10 business days." Does this basically mean I was declined. I really hate not being able to earn elevate points with my credit card.
Often it can mean something as simple as an address verification or another "auto match" item that didn't quite match up on the automated system.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, that was easy

Congratulations, Eastbay1K.
Your application has been approved.

Credit limit: $24,000

Annual percentage rate: 15.98%

Your Virgin America Visa and welcome package will arrive by mail within 7-10 business days.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:53 pm

I just got off the phone with Comenity. They were confused about the "email" that was sent out but said that my account (I signed up online about 10 min before calling) would be eligible for 10k miles and then another 10k miles on top of that. "Yes, the Virgin America website says 10,000 miles but your account will receive 20,000 miles after you spend at least $1,000 in the first 90 days". This is for the non-Premium card.
I never received an email about this promotion, so it seems like if you had a Barclaycard and you call Comenity (866 722 5275) you should be all set.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

Your Virgin America Visa and welcome package will arrive by mail within 7-10 business days.
Wow! Quite the limit for a new card signup. Usually they start lower and then increase quickly.

I finally got the sign-up email and guess what: I got the dreaded "Thanks for applying. You'll hear from us in the mail in 7-10 days" meaning I got denied, even though I have a $7900 limit with my old VX card from Barclays! Maybe too many hard pulls on my credit report recently? Grrrr... so much for pre approval. Has this happened to anyone else here?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethanwa
Wow! Quite the limit for a new card signup. Usually they start lower and then increase quickly.
This, plus the imminent close of the new "Barclay" card might knock my credit score down to 800 or below for a little while!
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Question for people who are cancelling their Barclay mastercard: When you called them did they offer to give you sign up bonus points to keep it open or anything like that? My one complaint about the change over is they are replacing our cards but they are not giving us the new sign up bonus that new card holders are getting.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by SoCalZman
Question for people who are cancelling their Barclay mastercard: When you called them did they offer to give you sign up bonus points to keep it open or anything like that? My one complaint about the change over is they are replacing our cards but they are not giving us the new sign up bonus that new card holders are getting.
It's not surprising that they aren't giving out the bonus to the roll-over customers because they are considering it to be the same account, thus we are not "new customers". Rather we just have (had) a "rebranded product". Anyways, I asked about this when I cancelled mine yesterday and I got transferred to customer relations. Long story short, no bonus for the roll-overs.
Hopefully closing won't ding the FICO score too much, but I have no need to keep this useless card open. Hope that helps
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: Skypass, Delta, AA, US Air, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

Well, I applied for the Silver version of the VX credit card and was approved. CL of $16K. Very quick process.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:43 am

My Premium card just arrived today, it was delivered UPS Saturday Delivery. I just booked my first flight on it.

One thing to watch out for: When I got my old Barclay VISA card they automatically created a saved entry for it on the Virgin America ticketing site. Either the new system doesn't do that, or if you have an old card entered it won't update it. In any event, there was still an entry named Virgin VISA, but it was the info for the Barclay card. Saving the new card info is no big deal, but it is something to keep in mind.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:22 am

Received the new Premium card via UPS today - first world problems below...

Quality of the Premium card is awful. Bring me back the old Barclays versions.

It's flimsy, almost like a cheap sample credit card you'd get in a mailer. The front is all scratched up from the embossing process when they added texture to the word "FLY". The manufacturing defects are pretty evident with the silver color of the Premium card too.

Sounds like first batch (and first world) problems above - folks with the regular black/pink card, any better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.