Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Frindle
I sent an email asking about an update 2 months after the email, and they thought I was requesting a new card, so they sent me a replacement, and then three weeks ago, I got an email saying to expect a new card in the mail soon. Surprisingly it still hasn't shown up.

Slightly OT, but has anyone used this card to purchase Amex GCs? Can't find any information if it posts as a CA or not.
d'oh!! stupid CSRs....

I just emailed them regarding when I will be getting the nip-tucked card. I hope they don't misconstrue that I want a replacement card either. I spent an hour or so readjusting all my autopays to this credit card. Don't F with me VX!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by mdosu
d'oh!! stupid CSRs....

I just emailed them regarding when I will be getting the nip-tucked card. I hope they don't misconstrue that I want a replacement card either. I spent an hour or so readjusting all my autopays to this credit card. Don't F with me VX!
Be glad that you can even autopay the card; we just got ability a month or two ago.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by unavaca
Be glad that you can even autopay the card; we just got ability a month or two ago.
alright, so I called Comenity today, and asked about this "nip tucked" card, they said since I signed up in July, I should have received the new version as the initial card, but they couldn't describe how it is different than the older version.

Mine does NOT have the pink edges as shown in the ads for the card. My CC# and name is printed in silver and not red (I have the black card), and the world "FLY" is reflecting a bit.

If you have the nip-tucked version, what does yours look like?

Last edited by mdosu; Aug 1, 2014 at 6:13 pm
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:12 pm

Hey everyone, there's now a sign up bonus for additional authorized buyers. You can add up to 4 buyers per card, for 1000 points each!

No additional fees, and if you do it online, there is no need to issue a new card for each person. At any time you may remove or change names of these buyers.

So I just added my wife, my parents, and my in-law onto the account. Though I won't be issuing them a card...lol
Old Aug 2, 2014, 1:50 pm

If you have the nip-tucked version, what does yours look like?
The easiest way to tell is feel the numbers on your card - the new card has the card number embossed whereas the old card had it printed in white ink.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:22 pm

The easiest way to tell is feel the numbers on your card - the new card has the card number embossed whereas the old card had it printed in white ink.
oh okay, thanks, mine is definitely not embossed. It is printed in white ink.

What about the edges of your card? Is it pink/red?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:56 pm

oh okay, thanks, mine is definitely not embossed. It is printed in white ink.

What about the edges of your card? Is it pink/red?
If it's printed in ink, you have the old card. The edges on my new card are white.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:20 am

If it's printed in ink, you have the old card. The edges on my new card are white.
yes you're likely correct that I have the old one. I called Comenity to add authorized buyers and issue new cards. They claimed that my original July issuance should have been the new card. Regardless they said the new issuance of additional authorized buyers' cards would be the new design, so when I receive it this week, I can do a comparison.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 2:55 am

The edges on my card are black, I have the $49 card, whatever they call that.

Is anyone else having issues getting into the website right now?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:56 am

confusingly,
Numbers and names are embossed, the pink window switched to the right side, and the edge of the card is now pink/red. It's weird our nip-tucked cards all appear differently.

Card is also heftier (weighs more), and more or less like a standard Visa card you'd get anywhere else.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:29 am

Website seems to be down, AGAIN. Ugh...
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:08 am

I signed up for my credit card on July, but still haven't received my companion ticket promotional offer yet. How long did you wait for this?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:41 pm

I signed up for my credit card on July, but still haven't received my companion ticket promotional offer yet. How long did you wait for this?
They don't send it automatically for signing up for the card. It comes the following billing period after you pay the card fee.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by cringle
They don't send it automatically for signing up for the card. It comes the following billing period after you pay the card fee.
I've already gone through 2 billing cycles and still haven't received it yet. Does it come through email or postal mail?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:54 am

Well, I finally received an offer compelling enough to apply.

Regular card: 20,000 point bonus, $2K spend in 90 days

Premium Visa card: 30,000 point bonus, I assume with the same $2K spend in 90 days. $149 annual fee.

I selected the premium.

Immediate approval, acceptable credit limit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.