Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Are they planning to match first, last name and address to give the bonus?
Old May 21, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Quickly looked through the past few pages and did not see this, so apologies if already covered. I have just got a mailer with a special offer of 20K/30K. It says this is a limited time offer till 6/15/15 and to apply at www.virginamerica.com/creditcard.

When I go to this website I see the usual 10K/15K offers. Has anyone got such an offer? How exactly do you get the special bonus? My letter does not have a special code.
Anyone else?
Old May 22, 2015, 12:28 pm

edit...delete

Last edited by mdosu; May 22, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Old May 26, 2015, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Good luck, Comenity Customer Service is some of the worst I've ever encountered in any industry.
Thanks. And here we go. Any tips?

5/13 Applied and approved for targeted 20k bonus after $1k spend in 90 days
5/20 Received card and completed spend
5/24 Statement close
5/25 10k points posted to Elevate (+ points equal to spend)
Old May 26, 2015, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by whistler814
Thanks. And here we go. Any tips?

5/13 Applied and approved for targeted 20k bonus after $1k spend in 90 days
5/20 Received card and completed spend
5/24 Statement close
5/25 10k points posted to Elevate (+ points equal to spend)
Wait a few days. You'll get the other 10k posted separated in a few days time. Backwards, I know, but the same thing happened to me. I called in and the CSR said it'll post separately. I thought he was full of BS, but...sure enough, a few days later the rest of it posted.
Old May 29, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Good luck, Comenity Customer Service is some of the worst I've ever encountered in any industry.
Yep. I got talked into getting the (Caesars Palace) Total Rewards Visa issued by Comenity. Made a couple hundred dollars of purchases no problem.
A couple of days later (Memorial Day), we go to the Caesars Bacchanal Buffet and the ~$212 charge gets declined. I call Comenity two or three times, as it took forever to navigate to the correct prompts to get the fraud department. Finally get through ~330PM Pacific time. The fraud department is CLOSED for the holiday!!!

Called Tuesday, went through all of the prompts, got in touch with someone in fraud and got the fraud alert cleared. No more problems using the card so far. The guy in the fraud department had a heavy accent so I had some problems understanding him; I HOPE that they haven't offshored their fraud department.

My confidence in Comenity is extremely low.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:00 am

What size CLs does comenity bank give out for this card? I'm looking to MS it hard for EK J.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by dawgsontop
What size CLs does comenity bank give out for this card? I'm looking to MS it hard for EK J.
I got 16K. GF got 12K.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
What are FTer's experience with the $150 companion credit cert that is supposed to be emailed approximately 6-8 weeks after 1st use/payment of annual fee? It's been about 2 months now - do I need to call/email, and to whom?

Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
What are FTer's experience with the $150 companion credit cert that is supposed to be emailed approximately 6-8 weeks after 1st use/payment of annual fee? It's been about 2 months now - do I need to call/email, and to whom?

Thanks!
I can't tell you exactly how long it has taken (either in year one or upon renewal) but neither time did it seem exceptionally long.

The email comes from Elevate and not from the bank, so perhaps that is the place to start before the inevitable finger pointing match between the bank and the airline begins.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The email comes from Elevate
Thanks - Oh joy, they have such a wonderful touch.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Wait a few days. You'll get the other 10k posted separated in a few days time. Backwards, I know, but the same thing happened to me. I called in and the CSR said it'll post separately. I thought he was full of BS, but...sure enough, a few days later the rest of it posted.
(non) update:
Waited a week, nothing doing. Called Comenity, and was promptly referred to VX. VX by phone says wait another billing cycle. Explained the situation via email to VX ([email protected]) and was told in their reply to wait 90 days.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Quickly looked through the past few pages and did not see this, so apologies if already covered. I have just got a mailer with a special offer of 20K/30K. It says this is a limited time offer till 6/15/15 and to apply at www.virginamerica.com/creditcard.

When I go to this website I see the usual 10K/15K offers. Has anyone got such an offer? How exactly do you get the special bonus? My letter does not have a special code.
I received an email on May 30 offering double points (up to $600 credit - not sure what that equates to) but just noticed the offer expires May 31

I understand the concept of exploding bonuses but I don't think it really makes sense here - if you want to incentivize people to apply for your card and pay the AF it is hard to see how a 2-day promo will be successful.

That being said, should I jump on this next time it appears, or have there been more lucrative offers in the past?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 9:20 pm

There is a reference code on the email or mailer for the 6/15 expiring offer. I applied for the Visa 30k offer and put in my reference code on the application page.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by memphian901
There is a reference code on the email or mailer for the 6/15 expiring offer. I applied for the Visa 30k offer and put in my reference code on the application page.
I took another look and could not find anything. I see something at the bottom left with two letters and then four numbers. Is this the code?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.