Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
CC points typically post on or around 24th each month. I previously had my march points in account but have since disappeared, so we can only hope they'll bring everything up to date with this month's posting
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:40 pm

If the points don't show up by Monday, I'll call Comenity and deal with that fiasco. Inclined to just cancel the card now, but the fee is paid and the ability to cancel flights fee free is a pretty excellent benefit.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
I spoke with Comenity and Elevate both - worst gold customer service from Elevate I have ever had - Comenity was even worse. Spoke to a "supervisor" at each - each is pointing the finger at the other and each claimed that the other has noted the problem and is working on it - so I just put the card away and am waiting it out.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by travelerp
I spoke with Comenity and Elevate both - worst gold customer service from Elevate I have ever had - Comenity was even worse. Spoke to a "supervisor" at each - each is pointing the finger at the other and each claimed that the other has noted the problem and is working on it - so I just put the card away and am waiting it out.
The VX call center has been horrible lately. Aside from the points issue which they knew about but had no interest in doing anything about, trying to change a ticket involved having a supervisor also on the line training the "gold" agent on the job. It the first time the person ever changed a ticket before. Don't know why they bothered to open up a new call center in Denver knowing that the company was in the process of being gobbled up by another airline.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: Virgin America
I just received my April points (2 days earlier than usual) but still no March points.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:52 pm

Got my April points today, along with a deduction for a credit (which had previously been deducted, then mysteriously given back without notice or indication on "Recent Activity"--it's as if it never happened). Still no March points though.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skron
I just received my April points (2 days earlier than usual) but still no March points.
Sure they aren't your missing March points with an April posting date?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by SFGuy37
Sure they aren't your missing March points with an April posting date?
I think you're right. I doublechecked my March vs April statements, and it's the March points 4 weeks late.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Today, I finally received my missing March points as well.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Well, as far as I can tell I just had a single posting covering March. April has yet to post for me (and is going to be a little odd since my only charge(s) on the card will be the fee for an award on VS for two).
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA G
Looks like I got my March points with an April posting date. I haven't received my April points yet.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL DM
I talked to a supervisor via the gold line in Seattle last night. She told me that March points will not post automatically, and that if we suspect a problem, we must contact the Elevate desk via the web form (https://virginamericareservations.cu...om/app/elevate) and ask for a review. She laid the blame squarely on Comenity, citing a known "systems" problem.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:55 pm

March is resolved but no sign of April points so whatever the known issue is remains an unresolved known issue apparently.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA1K, VXgold
Anyone ever have an instance where charges that were included on a given statement did not accrue VX points for that statement?

I've noticed that my April statement has $X in new charges, but the statement says that I've earned Y points this period, where Y is substantially less than X. (BTW, I had no returns or negative charges this period.)

I suspect this is because of the following scenario:
1. Transaction date of charge_A before statement close date
2. Post date of charge_A after statement close date
3. Completed charge_A appears on statement with the transaction date as the date of charge

I have not gone back and looked at past statement to see if this is in fact the case, but the numbers appears to be off by roughly the amount of a few charges placed at the end of the statement period that likely didn't post until after the statement period closed, although there's no way to go back and see what date the charges actually posted since they are listed on the comenity website by transaction date.

Anyone have any insight into this issue?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by artieb78
Anyone ever have an instance where charges that were included on a given statement did not accrue VX points for that statement?

I've noticed that my April statement has $X in new charges, but the statement says that I've earned Y points this period, where Y is substantially less than X. (BTW, I had no returns or negative charges this period.)

I suspect this is because of the following scenario:
1. Transaction date of charge_A before statement close date
2. Post date of charge_A after statement close date
3. Completed charge_A appears on statement with the transaction date as the date of charge

Anyone have any insight into this issue?
It has happened to me in the past. The charges which post just as the statement is being generated don't get counted but the points have been posted in the following month. With the mess they have going now, who knows if they will be able to figure that out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.