Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately they recently changed the policy and it seems that everyone is not on the same page.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you pay, I'm sure that you'll get the statement credit. If not, you can call Comenity and/or VX to complain.

BTW, VA is a completely different airline.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:00 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
VX has been good to me or I'm one of the lucky ones when it comes to the baggage fee.

I tend to not claim a bag when I check in. (I just am not sure if I am checking it or going to try to slim things down so I can carry it onboard.) When I arrive at the counter for check in and am checking the bag, the agents tell me either, the fee will be credited back to my account if they charge me or it's waived. Often though, it's waived!!

Only once did I have to call VX to get the fee reversed. The agent said it can take 6-8 weeks for the reversal. I called them back at the 10-week point and 2 days later the reversal posted to my account.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
The recent Comenity site refresh has moved the bar on the online services for the card. Among other things, you can now see pending charges (as of this morning, if I am not mistaken). All in all a much better experience on that front, I still have some stability problems with the site but that's as much likely to be my fault as theirs, as I have my main browser set up to block and tackle all kinds of stuff, so lots of sites don't like me
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA G
If it's anything like the food credits, they charge your account for the full price and take the discount off as a separate line item a few days later.
Old May 16, 2015, 4:24 pm

Is this card churnable?
Old May 16, 2015, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jmschn
Is this card churnable?
I asked this in the past and nobody around here would answer my question.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:39 pm

Anyone know how long it takes for the initial spend bonus points to post?
Old May 20, 2015, 1:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by whistler814
Anyone know how long it takes for the initial spend bonus points to post?
2-3 days after the statement in which you met the spend closes.
Old May 20, 2015, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
2-3 days after the statement in which you met the spend closes.
Thank you!
Old May 20, 2015, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I asked this in the past and nobody around here would answer my question.
Tough to answer as this is a new product issued by a bank that has not been active in issuing mileage cards.
Old May 20, 2015, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Tough to answer as this is a new product issued by a bank that has not been active in issuing mileage cards.
It's not really that new anymore. There should be at least a few data points. People are getting 5 and 6 Alaska CC's in a single day, how can someone not have tried to get 2 VX CC's in the past 6-8 months?
Old May 20, 2015, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not really that new anymore. There should be at least a few data points. People are getting 5 and 6 Alaska CC's in a single day, how can someone not have tried to get 2 VX CC's in the past 6-8 months?
Sorry I thought I was in the AC credit card from TD Bank thread.
Old May 20, 2015, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quickly looked through the past few pages and did not see this, so apologies if already covered. I have just got a mailer with a special offer of 20K/30K. It says this is a limited time offer till 6/15/15 and to apply at www.virginamerica.com/creditcard.

When I go to this website I see the usual 10K/15K offers. Has anyone got such an offer? How exactly do you get the special bonus? My letter does not have a special code.
Old May 20, 2015, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Quickly looked through the past few pages and did not see this, so apologies if already covered. I have just got a mailer with a special offer of 20K/30K. It says this is a limited time offer till 6/15/15 and to apply at www.virginamerica.com/creditcard.

When I go to this website I see the usual 10K/15K offers. Has anyone got such an offer? How exactly do you get the special bonus? My letter does not have a special code.
I got the same offer a few days ago via email. The link took me to the usual 10K/15K as well. When I click the rewards terms and conditions from the email I see (bolding mine):

1. Earning Bonus Elevate Reward Points.

You are eligible to earn bonus Reward Points if you make $1,000 of Net New Purchases within the first ninety (90) days of account opening. If you meet this requirement and you have the Premium Card, you will receive 15,000 bonus Reward Points. If you do not have the Premium Card, you will receive 10,000 bonus Reward Points. If you received a different bonus offer from Virgin America, refer to the specific terms and conditions of your exclusive offer. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus Reward Points to post to your Elevate account. To be eligible for this offer, the Credit Card Account must be open and not in default at the time Points are posted. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for new Credit Card Accounts. Bonus Reward Points earned do not count towards Elevate Gold or Elevate Silver Status.
So while the T&C acknowledge that there are different bonus offers, it would be nice if the landing page for the application stated the increased bonus. I took the bait and am prepared to fight for the extra bonus points.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by whistler814
So while the T&C acknowledge that there are different bonus offers, it would be nice if the landing page for the application stated the increased bonus. I took the bait and am prepared to fight for the extra bonus points.
Good luck, Comenity Customer Service is some of the worst I've ever encountered in any industry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.