Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by econ
I was in and out of there couple of weeks ago during a short connection and saw the same. Back part of the club closed off. Crowded as usual.

Now that I think about it, the area that was closed off also included where the restrooms are. Are there even any available in that club now? The ones in the terminal are among the worst maintained of all the UA hubs, IMHO.
Some of the shower rooms are being used as unisex restrooms now.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by manstein58
i was told that construction will be completed by August of 2018. Wasn'tvhe Panama Canal completed more swiftly than this?
That's a long time. I still question if they are going to have enough space in the C3 club for a properly-sized Polaris lounge if it is not going to have multiple floors. The amount of people who will be there during TATL departure time is going to be even larger than what ORD has...
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by manstein58
.... Wasn'tvhe Panama Canal completed more swiftly than this?
Sorry as a history buff can't resist
Just looking at efforts that had actual work on the canal and not earlier proposals (such as surveys in 1855 and 1877) ;
The first French Panama Canal effort started in 1881 and ceased in 1889.
A second French effort was started in 1894 but basic never amounted to much.
In 1904 the Americans took over the effort and finished in 1914.
So anyway, the Panama Canal took from 10 to 30+ years.

Now back to the thread's real topic.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
The map in the Wiki doesn't show the pop-up UC near C124.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Sorry as a history buff can't resist
Just looking at efforts that had actual work on the canal and not earlier proposals (such as surveys in 1855 and 1877) ;
The first French Panama Canal effort started in 1881 and ceased in 1889.
A second French effort was started in 1894 but basic never amounted to much.
In 1904 the Americans took over the effort and finished in 1914.
So anyway, the Panama Canal took from 10 to 30+ years.

Now back to the thread's real topic.
Noted and OK. Both Gulf Wars then
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by econ
I was in and out of there couple of weeks ago during a short connection and saw the same. Back part of the club closed off. Crowded as usual.

Now that I think about it, the area that was closed off also included where the restrooms are. Are there even any available in that club now? The ones in the terminal are among the worst maintained of all the UA hubs, IMHO.
Definitely restrooms by the entrance before you get to the front desk. I believe the ones to the left of the bar are still open. That spot is on the edge of the construction. The meeting rooms, old business center, Emergency front desk (rarely used) and third set of restrooms are in the construction zone. There never were showers in this Club.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
Definitely restrooms by the entrance before you get to the front desk. I believe the ones to the left of the bar are still open. That spot is on the edge of the construction. The meeting rooms, old business center, Emergency front desk (rarely used) and third set of restrooms are in the construction zone. There never were showers in this Club.
Not sure which club you're talking about, but all 3 clubs at one point had showers. The showers in the C70 club closed a while back. C120 shower rooms are being used as bathrooms during the renovations.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Given the dreadful state of the Terminal C Uncle Charlie's i move that we change the thread's title to "Least Worst UCClub at EWR". Do i have a second??
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Ouch! Have a 2 hour layover at EWR this week.. Mid afternoon.. perhaps I may get lucky with the crowding. Just need to belly up to the bar
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Ouch! Have a 2 hour layover at EWR this week.. Mid afternoon.. perhaps I may get lucky with the crowding. Just need to belly up to the bar
the big United Club at EWR was packed to the gills this morning. They moved tables to the area where the main and GS desks were. Looks like the overflow room at BINGO. Exited and went to pop up club near C124 which was pleasant but serves only beer and wine- Bud and some red and white plonk
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by nevansm
Not sure which club you're talking about, but all 3 clubs at one point had showers. The showers in the C70 club closed a while back. C120 shower rooms are being used as bathrooms during the renovations.
I have used the ones that used to be in the A terminal club, often passed the C-2 Club's showers on my way to the restroom but cannot remember the C-74 showers. I do not doubt they were there, just don't remember them.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: United Premier 1k, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond
I was in the big club by security today. It was crowded, hot and loud. I decided to sit by my gate instead!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I just tweeted and will echo here. If they want to help with over crowding, give a $20 voucher to members who don’t want to stay because of their overcrowding at select clubs (most hubs at this point)
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:16 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Currently at the C102/120 United Club (or whatever it's called). It was hard to find a seat at 7 AM and so I ended up at the back near the temporary construction wall. All outlets in this area are inactive (and covered with black electrical tape) and you can hear loud construction noises behind the wall. Lovely.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
In the C2/C3 UC now. Packed to the gills. They've moved credentials check to just inside the door, and the former credentials check counter is now the customer service counter. The former customer service counter area is now additional seating. Same food offering and a reduced bar offering. Took some pictures.....
Attached Images        

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.