Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Even on the best day with all 3 clubs open, they are still really crowded, especially before the int'l flights take off.

The C club Near C120 was a mess last week prior to my EWR-HKG flight. They were making announcements to move backpacks off of chairs, coming thru and vigorously cleaning tables. I was alone and lost my drink twice while I went to the line to get a snack.

EWR, IAD and ORD all have crappy clubs in general, IAD at least has TK and if you have PP, you can get to AF lounge, but even then it is pretty bad.
Was in the C120 yesterday evening during the closure of the other club and was surprised it wasn't bursting at the seams. Guess the cancellations kept the traffic at the airport light.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
I have to say... if the worst part of your day is that they're cleaning up... just imagine the alternative.
The alternative is typically you have plates piled up and get up and put your own trash in the can yourself.

Not complaining or do I really even care about either scenario.

I put my backpack on the floor as instructed, but now the lounge attendants come around and don't see a backpack in the chair, don't look on the floor and clear the table

I was kind of pointing out the irony, hardly complaining
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Even on the best day with all 3 clubs open, they are still really crowded, especially before the int'l flights take off.

The C club Near C120 was a mess last week prior to my EWR-HKG flight. They were making announcements to move backpacks off of chairs, coming thru and vigorously cleaning tables. I was alone and lost my drink twice while I went to the line to get a snack.

EWR, IAD and ORD all have crappy clubs in general, IAD at least has TK and if you have PP, you can get to AF lounge, but even then it is pretty bad.
I am OK with the clubs at ORD now. It will be even better when the C club reopens.

Agree that TK (and LH) lounges are a great option at IAD.

EWR is a pit.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Hhonors Diamond
Datapoint for C120 lounge this morning around 10am:
United club passes accepted without a hiccupName:  16681677_2228070234085740_8850508867575659159_n.jpg
Views: 1995
Size:  48.4 KB

Name:  16711706_2228070267419070_7663920816208910417_n.jpg
Views: 1970
Size:  83.5 KB
Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire Elite
The UC in Terminal A opened today and it is quite nice minus the fact that the showers and cubicles are gone.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CMH500
The UC in Terminal A opened today and it is quite nice minus the fact that the showers and cubicles are gone.
Yay! I like the fact that the volume is limited by the debacle that is terminal A. I always enjoyed the old A lounge, and it sound like the new one will be a solid step up.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:09 pm

Here at EWR C120 lounge since 7:30 p.m. and half the seats are empty and no problem using credit card passes.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 13, 2017 at 8:06 pm Reason: OT content removed
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
C120 club. Only one bartender working a packed bar with many guests waiting in line for service.

Pretty crappy.

As I have mentioned before, A is now my preferred terminal at EWR. The least sucky of a bad airport.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:39 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
C84 Club. Where the Wifi doesn't work but you can plug in your modem

Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by CMK10
C84 Club. Where the Wifi doesn't work but you can plug in your modem
The WiFi at C84 didn't exhibit any issues Sunday afternoon and then Wednesday night before then, but otherwise it's the worst club at EWR. Deeply compromised views of airplanes puts it behind the other two, the furniture all needs to be replaced, there aren't enough power outlets, and the circular layout wastes everybody's time.

The UC in Terminal A offers the highest upgrade from its surroundings, but that was true before they renovated it into its current, shiny state.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by DCA writer
The WiFi at C84 didn't exhibit any issues Sunday afternoon and then Wednesday night before then, but otherwise it's the worst club at EWR. Deeply compromised views of airplanes puts it behind the other two, the furniture all needs to be replaced, there aren't enough power outlets, and the circular layout wastes everybody's time.

The UC in Terminal A offers the highest upgrade from its surroundings, but that was true before they renovated it into its current, shiny state.
That lounge was an excellent quiet and comfortable place in the early 90s. The traffic it gets today makes its design and layout insufficient. If they gutted the place and redesigned it I think they could make it great again.
Old May 7, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Walked around EWR yesterday for a bit. Noticed they had the walls up for the temporary United Club. Hard to tell how big the space actually is going to be as it extends into an area behind some of the shops on the right side of the pic.

Also no signage on opening date, etc.
Attached Images  
Old May 7, 2017, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Walked around EWR yesterday for a bit. Noticed they had the walls up for the temporary United Club. Hard to tell how big the space actually is going to be as it extends into an area behind some of the shops on the right side of the pic.

Also no signage on opening date, etc.
I think it extends the other direction, NOT behind the doors in the picture. It's been up for a few weeks and doesn't look very big. It's there for when they close the C3 club to convert it to a Polaris lounge. Construction on that is scheduled to start this month. I'd expect this new small club to be pen commensurate with that.
Old May 7, 2017, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I think it extends the other direction, NOT behind the doors in the picture. It's been up for a few weeks and doesn't look very big. It's there for when they close the C3 club to convert it to a Polaris lounge. Construction on that is scheduled to start this month. I'd expect this new small club to be pen commensurate with that.
I took a peek through the glass doors. It extends in both directions. You can easily see the portion that extends towards the gates by the walls they constructed. It is not large. It does extend the opposite direction as well, just can't see how far back it goes.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I took a peek through the glass doors. It extends in both directions. You can easily see the portion that extends towards the gates by the walls they constructed. It is not large. It does extend the opposite direction as well, just can't see how far back it goes.
Interesting! I'd not noticed any space to the right before.

I'm at the C3 club nw. They tell me this club will not be completely closed during renovations. It will instead be renovated in sections starting in about 4 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.