Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by Xephyr
Have a ~7 hour layover in EWR flying United, arrival and departure both in C terminal. Have two free UC passes. Worth heading over to UC in A or take my chances in C74?
Wow, 7 hours at EWR is a tough one!
I'd say definitely worth the trek over to the UC at terminal A.

Depending on time-of-day also consider a day room at a nearby hotel, such as the very close Marriott.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
NARVIK is dead on. If you have to, use the Uncle Charlie at A but-if you can- go for the dayroom at The Marriott
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by manstein58
NARVIK is dead on. If you have to, use the Uncle Charlie at A but-if you can- go for the dayroom at The Marriott
Cheers.
Of course, with 7 hours, it also might be worthwhile to consider a trip to some nearby off-airport site[s]. I hear even Newark and Elizabeth themselves have some attractions and have cleaned up their act.
(I wouldn't risk a visit to NYC personally, although technically doable.)

In any event, I'd rather not stay in the EWR airport for 7 hours!

Last edited by narvik; Dec 29, 2019 at 11:33 am
Old Dec 29, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by narvik
Cheers.
Of course, with 7 hours, it also might be worthwhile to consider a trip to some nearby off-airport site[s]. I hear even Newark and Elizabeth themselves have some attractions and have cleaned up their act.
(I wouldn't risk a visit to NYC personally, although technically doable.)

In any event, I'd rather not stay in the EWR airport for 7 hours!
Go take an Uber here - you can thank me later.

https://www.fernandessteakhouse.com/
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Go take an Uber here - you can thank me later.

https://www.fernandessteakhouse.com/

Nice!

Or Spanish Tavern: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...ew_Jersey.html
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by narvik
My personal favorite ... https://tasteofportugalnj.com - try the Steak on a Stone.

Thanks - now I'm hungry! Maybe tonight is a trip to the Ironbound after all ....
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:57 am

Have a ~7 hour layover in EWR flying United, arrival and departure both in C terminal. Have two free UC passes. Worth heading over to UC in A or take my chances in C74?
A little update: It looks like the flight is overbooked since they are asking for volunteers to take a later flight which reduce the layover from ~7 hours to ~3 hours. This also means we can sleep in a little since the original flight departs at 0615 while the new flight is at 1035. Should I put in a super unreasonable bid? Also, I went ahead and checked to see what available on the 1035 flight and it looks like there are only 5 first class seats left. Would that mean if we volunteer to take the 1035 flight we would get the first class seat or would they offer those seats to someone sitting in economy that has status?

Edit: NVM, just realized the date they are asking for is for 1-1 not 12-31.

Last edited by Xephyr; Dec 30, 2019 at 8:03 am
Old Dec 30, 2019, 8:09 am

A little update: It looks like the flight is overbooked since they are asking for volunteers to take a later flight which reduce the layover from ~7 hours to ~3 hours. This also means we can sleep in a little since the original flight departs at 0615 while the new flight is at 1035. Should I put in a super unreasonable bid? Also, I went ahead and checked to see what available on the 1035 flight and it looks like there are only 5 first class seats left. Would that mean if we volunteer to take the 1035 flight we would get the first class seat or would they offer those seats to someone sitting in economy that has status?

Edit: NVM, just realized the date they are asking for is for 1-1 not 12-31.
unfortunate.

just FYI, unless you actually confirm the rebooking (phone call or app), you'll still have to get to the airport and see what happens at gate (whether you get volunteered or not). can't just sleep in
see phone call: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30002009-post336.html
Old Dec 30, 2019, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by paperwastage
unfortunate.

just FYI, unless you actually confirm the rebooking (phone call or app), you'll still have to get to the airport and see what happens at gate (whether you get volunteered or not). can't just sleep in
see phone call: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30002009-post336.html
Yep, the plan was getting there for the 615 flight and if I do win the bid, I would just head over to a PP lounge. But since it's 1-1 and not 12-31, it's a no go
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Funny I just came across this thread. When I read the title I thought yeah 10 years ago I was at EWR getting ready to fly to Frankfurt. Not until I got way into the first post did I realize it was me who indeed wrote it. LOL

10 years of flyertalking takes it's toll on one's mind.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
Funny I just came across this thread. When I read the title I thought yeah 10 years ago I was at EWR getting ready to fly to Frankfurt. Not until I got way into the first post did I realize it was me who indeed wrote it. LOL

10 years of flyertalking takes it's toll on one's mind.
Clearly!

Happy thread anniversary.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Thanks for pointing out this thread was long overdue in some pruning / archiving, have fallen behind on that activity.

This is an archive thread, the active thread is Status of United Clubs at EWR

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.