Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Does anyone know when A might reopen?

Also, flying Biz First to EWR and have a 5 hour layover to a domestic flight to BNA. Will they let me use the lounge in between flights?

Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
... Also, flying Biz First to EWR and have a 5 hour layover to a domestic flight to BNA. Will they let me use the lounge in between flights? ....
As a UA International premium cabin passenger, you have access to any UCs during your trip, including all the EWR UCs

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...15-onward.html

Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
Does anyone know when A might reopen?...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-club-ewr.html should be soon

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 27, 2016 at 2:56 pm Reason: self-merge
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Thanks! I actually asked a United agent on the phone (I had called for something else) and she said I had to "check at the gate". Sometimes I get someone REALLY helpful and sometimes, no help at all.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:54 pm

I have a trip DUB

Last edited by shimps1; Dec 7, 2019 at 11:25 pm
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by shimps1
I have a trip DUB>DSM coming up in May. I have a one time United Club pass to burn, and a 4.5 hour layover in EWR.

Given my arrival will be from Dublin international via mainline United, and by departure is mainline United on to ORD, which Club would be best? No gate assignments yet so a best guess is fine with me.
By May the best option is likely to be the club that is currently under construction in terminal A. I have n idea when the construction of the Polaris club will begin in terminal C, but I'd hope that it will have started by then. That should take out the C3 club leaving just the rather worn one at C1. Of course, nobody knows what they will have for us during the construction at C.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Also, I would NOT assume they will accept Club passes at EWR at that point. Most of the time I am there, they have a sign up saying no passes accepted due to overcrowding. And things are only getting worse there, so my be is 'thou shall not pass' with a pass.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA-plat, HH-Diamond, Marriott-gold
Originally Posted by blueman2
Also, I would NOT assume they will accept Club passes at EWR at that point. Most of the time I am there, they have a sign up saying no passes accepted due to overcrowding. And things are only getting worse there, so my be is 'thou shall not pass' with a pass.
I see that sign all the time, I also don't use it too often as it is always so crowded!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:54 am

Wow that's frustrating. Isn't that something that would be a breach of contract or something with Chase bank? That's a specific benefit, and one of the main reasons I got the MPE card, to take advantage of the passes on this trip.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by shimps1
Wow that's frustrating. Isn't that something that would be a breach of contract or something with Chase bank? That's a specific benefit, and one of the main reasons I got the MPE card, to take advantage of the passes on this trip.
The T&Cs printed on the back of the card allows this.
However, while occasionally one club may be closed to one-time passes, one of the other clubs at airports with multiple UCs like EWR may be available.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
With A closed, both other clubs at EWR have pretty consistently been refusing passes. Very YMMV
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA MP, HHonors
With A closed, both other clubs at EWR have pretty consistently been refusing passes. Very YMMV
Just a single data point here: was at EWR 1/21 (Sat AM) and the UC in C (near gate 120) accepted my pass. Agree YMMV.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Newark down to 1 United Club today. Appparently United does not have enough staff at Newark today to open both, according to agent.

I hate this airport
Attached Images  
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Fantastic. The one day I have a 6+ hour layover there.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Even on the best day with all 3 clubs open, they are still really crowded, especially before the int'l flights take off.

The C club Near C120 was a mess last week prior to my EWR-HKG flight. They were making announcements to move backpacks off of chairs, coming thru and vigorously cleaning tables. I was alone and lost my drink twice while I went to the line to get a snack.

EWR, IAD and ORD all have crappy clubs in general, IAD at least has TK and if you have PP, you can get to AF lounge, but even then it is pretty bad.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
I was alone and lost my drink twice while I went to the line to get a snack.
I have to say... if the worst part of your day is that they're cleaning up... just imagine the alternative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.