Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
You know things are really dreadful for UA flyers at EWR when the Terminal A United Club is the location of choice. To add insult to injury, C120 was the last United Club at an international hub to have showers, and when it reopens, it will be a Polaris Club. What a great time for Minute Suites to open up a location with showers in Terminal C like they have at DFW. Of course, UA would probably block such a move and I'm sure there's a load of Port Authority red tape to cut through for such a venture.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by auandagbug
You know things are really dreadful for UA flyers at EWR when the Terminal A United Club is the location of choice. To add insult to injury, C120 was the last United Club at an international hub to have showers, and when it reopens, it will be a Polaris Club. What a great time for Minute Suites to open up a location with showers in Terminal C like they have at DFW. Of course, UA would probably block such a move and I'm sure there's a load of Port Authority red tape to cut through for such a venture.
Aside from the feeling that you're passing time in the halls of a forgotten and dying institution, as you contemplate the miscellaneous sections of missing walnut paneling, I would opt for the c74? (upstairs) club.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by fumje
Aside from the feeling that you're passing time in the halls of a forgotten and dying institution, as you contemplate the miscellaneous sections of missing walnut paneling, I would opt for the c74? (upstairs) club.
Yeah, not a great time to be a UA flyer holding a card that gives club access (Presidential Plus in my case). Both C1 and C3 were shabby, but C3 was kind of presentable. C1 has always looked like a dump that needed to be redone for a long time - especially once OTG spruced up the food court underneath it. All else being equal, I would much rather spend my time sipping on a craft beer at any of the OTG spots vs. spending time at a UC at EWR (I wouldn't trek over to Terminal A just to use the UC there).
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Yeah, not a great time to be a UA flyer holding a card that gives club access (Presidential Plus in my case). Both C1 and C3 were shabby, but C3 was kind of presentable. C1 has always looked like a dump that needed to be redone for a long time - especially once OTG spruced up the food court underneath it. All else being equal, I would much rather spend my time sipping on a craft beer at any of the OTG spots vs. spending time at a UC at EWR (I wouldn't trek over to Terminal A just to use the UC there).
The Uncle Charlies at EWR bring back fond memories of the Port Authority Bus Terminal circa 1978. Situation is a disgrace
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Does anyone else find the title of this thread ("Best United Club at EWR") a cruel joke?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
The Uncle Charlies at EWR bring back fond memories of the Port Authority Bus Terminal circa 1978. Situation is a disgrace
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
We were in the C1 club today. I was expecting much worse. I was far from crowded and the new furniture is pretty comfortable. Sunday morning may be the best time to be there.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dulcamara
We were in the C1 club today. I was expecting much worse. I was far from crowded and the new furniture is pretty comfortable. Sunday morning may be the best time to be there.
Was the new furniture at least in a more efficient layout than before? I stopped heading there after there was just too much wasted space and nowhere comfy to sit or get some work done.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Was the new furniture at least in a more efficient layout than before? I stopped heading there after there was just too much wasted space and nowhere comfy to sit or get some work done.
If by efficient you mean denser with greater availability, then the answer is yes. There are many more seats and tables. I rather like the café tables by the inner windows. The tall waterfall tables with around a dozen bar stool height seats are not to my taste but clearly help provide a lot more seats for guests.
I believe the C1 Club can seat more than double what it could before.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Yes I was in C1 2pm today and despite a long queue to get in, capacity has definitely increased. The high tables are the white marble style with power outlets ala Chicago and EWR Term A. There’s tons of 1980’s wood cabinets still to go.

And yes, this thread title is a joke
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Cmon, where else can you find black-porcelained urinals in a major airport?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Does anyone else find the title of this thread ("Best United Club at EWR") a cruel joke?
Definitely misleading. Having said that (and having been a basher of the UC situation at EWR), I need to give the devil its due. I was in C74 this morning and it was not too crowded-even though the airport was packed- and the vibe a bit relaxed. more seats, many hightops, and more outlets. Wonder what new capacity is? And, speaking of outlets, they do need to get rid of the PlayboyClub black porcelain pissoirs
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:13 am
Suspended

I arrived at 9am for my flight to Narita from Newark today - it’s very clear how far UA has dropped as a premium cabin airline to Asia from New York. Embarrassing doesn’t even begin to explain it....

I had to explain to the staff at the temporary pop up lounge that yes - champagne could be served before noon at the airport - UA has such a big marketing campaign in NYC driving customers to EWR for an inferior product and airport experience - yes we save about 10 minutes commuting but for such a horrible experience?

As a loyal GS for 7 Years I’ve shifted most of my TPAC to better carriers and sacrified my GS status as a result - but I don’t think I’ve lost much lol - perhaps in a few years I’ll be back - until then I don’t see the point in paying UA for a clearly inferior experience....

Last edited by TheDesigner; Dec 4, 2017 at 11:32 am
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
Cmon, where else can you find black-porcelained urinals in a major airport?
Oh!---how could I have overlooked those?? I take it all back.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Saw this table in the back of the C74 UC this morning. Looks like a set-up for a reception (including the wine/champagne glasses). Is this being set up for an event or is it just overflow food/drink service when the Club is really full?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.