Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Two Bee
The restrooms are just outside. No BIG Deal, IMO!

But what's the deal with the constant announcements?
No dozing in this club!
The pop up is carved out of the common space between gates - it has no roof so all announcements and noise from the adjacent gates (and the terminal wide "we're about to close the boarding door to flight XXXX so get your butt over here" broadcasts) propagates into the "club".

Photos from my visit at the end of July that show the no roof configuration @ C124:

Last time I visited it in the summer, there was a great deal of construction ongoing right next to the Cibo market that's just across from the club's entrance so noise factor was considerable.

Also, if I recall, the nearest restrooms were on the other side of the terminal area so it wasn't terribly convenient for you to go if you had "to go" - principally because you had to take the long way around the Cibo market and construction since the blocked off the access going from C127 through C137.

David

Last edited by DELee; Oct 27, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
So. Why does EWR still blast boarding announcements through the entire terminal? Really annoying.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K *G; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
You can go through security at A or C, regardless of your departure gate. Just say, "gate was changed" and you shouldn't have a problem. If you have PreCheck, be aware that the Pre-check line at A is closed more often than the one in C.
Would they buy the "gate was changed" argument if your boarding pass says HKG/NRT/TLV/BOM/DEL and is stamped with a giant INTL?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by milepig
So. Why does EWR still blast boarding announcements through the entire terminal? Really annoying.
They're so kind to say "may I have your attention on the concourse..."

That's been a thing at least since C3 opened 20 or so years ago.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by DELee
The pop up is carved out of the common space between gates - it has no roof so all announcements and noise from the adjacent gates (and the terminal wide "we're about to close the boarding door to flight XXXX so get your butt over here" broadcasts) propagates into the "club".

Photos from my visit at the end of July that show the no roof configuration @ C124:

Last time I visited it in the summer, there was a great deal of construction ongoing right next to the Cibo market that's just across from the club's entrance so noise factor was considerable.

Also, if I recall, the nearest restrooms were on the other side of the terminal area so it wasn't terribly convenient for you to go if you had "to go" - principally because you had to take the long way around the Cibo market and construction since the blocked off the access going from C127 through C137.

David
That construction is all done.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Anyone with recent experience using A gate security with a C gate boarding pass?

I would prefer to use A security and the A club, before taking the bus to C for my flight. Common sense says it shouldn't be a problem, but the stupid "blue coats" at the A gates tend to be a pain in the rear end....
Yes, just did this last week (10/27/17). No issues and the A club was deserted at ~14:00. It's still a UA club so....
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
C1 club (by C74) construction is finished. Many more seats as much of the old 80s furniture has been removed and the big comfy sofas and most of the stuffed chairs are gone. They have been replaced by small marble tables with reasonably comfortable chairs and long marble waterfall tables with high chairs. Seating capacity appears to have doubled but food service area remains the same (way too small). They have expanded the self-service drink area by the bar a little.
With the imminent closing of the C2/C3 club, they anticipate opening another pop-up by Gate 106 (C2).
The big club between C2 and C3 may become Polaris only when it re-opens in 3Q18.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
The big club between C2 and C3 may become Polaris only when it re-opens in 3Q18.
Email from United in the last day or so stated that this United Club definitely will become the Polaris Club.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:20 pm

Anyone get any pics of the new renovated C1 club? Anyone stopping by in the next day or so?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:28 pm

a pop up club in c2? I dimly remember a small pmCO club in c2 many years ago
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by adg1234
Anyone get any pics of the new renovated C1 club? Anyone stopping by in the next day or so?
It hasn't been renovated yet - they simply replaced some of the lounge chairs with the big stne tables we've seen at other clubs. The place was packed last night -- long lines for soup, etc.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by toby182
C2 was the location of the small, second President's Club before C3 was built.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by toby182
President's Club by gate 102. They are offices now. It would make sense for them to re-open that location if the big club is to be Polaris only.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Does anyone recall what time the C120 club was open until a few months ago before it closed?
Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:27 am

10:30 p.m. (via http://web.archive.org/web/201708100...s/default.aspx)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.