Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
In the C2/C3 UC now. Packed to the gills. They've moved credentials check to just inside the door, and the former credentials check counter is now the customer service counter. The former customer service counter area is now additional seating. Same food offering and a reduced bar offering. Took some pictures.....
A crowded, dingy dump. I went there today, took a leak, and decamped to the Pop Up Club which is clean, sunny, and uncrowded. No pissoirs but so different

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 3, 2017 at 9:50 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
I'd rather find an empty gate area in genpop than try to "relax" in the EWR clubs at the moment. They seriously need to figure out how to reduce crowding.

The long journey over to the Lufthansa club seems more and more attractive.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by LordHamster
I'd rather find an empty gate area in genpop than try to "relax" in the EWR clubs at the moment. They seriously need to figure out how to reduce crowding.

The long journey over to the Lufthansa club seems more and more attractive.
Heading over to the club in the A terminal would be a wise move at this point...
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:35 pm

its been ages since I've been to ewr but have a flight out in a couple of weeks; is the UC near gate 74 any better?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by toby182
its been ages since I've been to ewr but have a flight out in a couple of weeks; is the UC near gate 74 any better?
Marginally and only by the tiniest of margins. It is under construction which means half the space and one set of loos are off limits. Inertia and location make it slightly less crowded than the bigger club but otherwise a dump with '70's style furniture and few outlets.
Try the pop up club near C 123. No restrooms and only beer and wine but fewer people, more outlets, and nicer seats. Or the Club at Terminal A
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
In the high C club again today, they opened up some more work spaces to the left of the old GS desk (no idea what was here before, maybe the bathrooms?). It's not ideal, but it's nice to have the more cubbys and 20 stand-up places at 2 tables. Can't wait till this thing is done.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by nevansm
In the high C club again today, they opened up some more work spaces to the left of the old GS desk (no idea what was here before, maybe the bathrooms?). It's not ideal, but it's nice to have the more cubbys and 20 stand-up places at 2 tables. Can't wait till this thing is done.
I asked the other day and was tld that construction will be done in May.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Heading over to the club in the A terminal would be a wise move at this point...
Good point! I forgot that had reopened. Plus I'm not sure I could have gotten past the Bus Dragon with a terminal C boarding pass. Couldn't be bothered to go through Term A Security.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by LordHamster
Good point! I forgot that had reopened. Plus I'm not sure I could have gotten past the Bus Dragon with a terminal C boarding pass. Couldn't be bothered to go through Term A Security.
The last couple of times I used the bus to go from C to A just to use the lounge, I didn't have any trouble with the dragon. And the A club is much, much better than anything in C now.

Probably a YMMV situation, but if anyone gets refused for the bus, please post.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:57 pm

about how long does the bus take C to A (and how often do they run) on a weekday afternoon? thanks
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toby182
about how long does the bus take C to A (and how often do they run) on a weekday afternoon? thanks
Takes about 5-10 minutes and they run pretty often. Not sure there is a set schedule, but I have never waited an unreasonable amount of time.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:31 am

In the PopUp Club now. Could use some windowshades
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA MP (DH is MM 1K, so yeah! so am I!), SPG Platinum/LTG, Marriott Platinum Premier/LT Platinum
We have an almost 6 hour layover in EWR tomorrow...arrive at 9:30 from IAD, leave 3:15 to HKG in J. Where should we hang out? Any other Star Alliance lounge or maybe a Priority Pass one (I believe the only one open at the time is Art & Lounge). Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by jmkclee
We have an almost 6 hour layover in EWR tomorrow...arrive at 9:30 from IAD, leave 3:15 to HKG in J. Where should we hang out? Any other Star Alliance lounge or maybe a Priority Pass one (I believe the only one open at the time is Art & Lounge). Thanks!
The two big Uncle Charlie clubs-next to SBUX and by C70- are undergoing extensive renovation. Dumps. Crowded, dirty, few outlets, and dreadful restrooms. As close to Third World-Kandahar clubs as you can get. There is a "Pop Up" Club near C 123 with decent seating, not overcrowded, and lots of outlets- downsides are no bathrooms and no bar only beer and wine. Club in Terminal A is the nicest of a sad bunch. Bar, restrooms, light, outlets but you have to take a bus there. It's about ten minutes but worth it for a long layover. Downside is very limited food concessions outside A Club.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by jmkclee
As you can tell from the above, there are no really good options in C. With 6 hours you are likely to be happier in the UC in A or the Lufthansa Lounge in B. I have not tried the Art & Lounge club.
If you wish to stay in C for that amount of time, I personally would choose the club by C74 if the air conditioning is working and the construction is quiet. The pop-up club (C124) may also be a good choice once the sun isn't shining into it
All C choices are suspect right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.