Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 7:26 pm

Anyone have any info or care to ask someone in the know about renovations to the C1 club?
Old May 7, 2017, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I took a peek through the glass doors. It extends in both directions. You can easily see the portion that extends towards the gates by the walls they constructed. It is not large. It does extend the opposite direction as well, just can't see how far back it goes.
Looked at that this evening. It looks like the part t the right is a rather small room that is behind the emergency stairs. i can't imagine more than a few seats back there. Every bit helps.
Old May 17, 2017, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Do any other *G lounges at EWR have showers besides the C120 UA Club?

I have a 12-hour layover connecting to an int'l flight, so I will probably head into the city for a while, then I'll come back wanting to take a shower.
Old May 17, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
So, is the temporary lounge at C124 already open or not?
Old May 17, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
About 10 days ago, our plane from ORD landed near the lounge in C74 and our next flight was leaving from that area too, so my wife and I decided to go to that lounge. As soon as we entered, my wife took one look at that thing with the thousand light bulbs and said that this would give her a headache. So, we walked all the way to the C120 lounge, stayed there for one hour and walked back to our gate. The weird thing is that I never saw it mentioned here.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
OK, well, I was dumb AGAIN and booked myself EWR-HKG-SIN, mainly because I like the 2 class 772 better than the 3 class (ORD-SIN) for sitting in business.

The problem is I have a 7 hour 6 minute layover at EWR (Yes, I KNOW I am stupid)

I get there at 9am, leave at 3pm roughly. LH lounges advertise 2pm to 10pm - is that accurate? ie - don't bother??

What about Maple leaf lounge in Term A? Is it worth a crap or should I just find a corner in the UC and wait it out?
Old May 24, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
OK, well, I was dumb AGAIN and booked myself EWR-HKG-SIN, mainly because I like the 2 class 772 better than the 3 class (ORD-SIN) for sitting in business.

The problem is I have a 7 hour 6 minute layover at EWR (Yes, I KNOW I am stupid)

I get there at 9am, leave at 3pm roughly. LH lounges advertise 2pm to 10pm - is that accurate? ie - don't bother??

What about Maple leaf lounge in Term A? Is it worth a crap or should I just find a corner in the UC and wait it out?
Geez, with that much time, why not take the train into Manhattan and enjoy lunch at a proper restaurant? There's even luggage storage at EWR so you can be freed and the train is pretty quick.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

LH and AC lounges are in terminals not typically accessible from United terminals. I haven't tried getting through security in those terminals with a UA BP.

If you do remain at EWR for the layover, I would suggest the United Club in the A terminal. It is recently remodeled and usually much more quiet than the clubs in C...which are going to be at reduced capacity soon anyway due to remodeling.

Terminal A is also free of the OTG monopoly crap restaurants. Better options pre-security, which you have plenty of time to take advantage of.

I do tend to agree that getting out of the airport would be worthwhile. 7 hours is a long time to be stuck at EWR, especially before a long TPAC.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by narvik
So, is the temporary lounge at C124 already open or not?
It is. I popped in before my flight today. It's a bit bare-bones - they have a man at a cart serving as a bar, there is no soup, and there is not even a dedicated water dispenser. That said, it is quiet (no one else there), and because it isn't covered, you have ceilings all the way to the top of the terminal.

If you are not looking for much beyond a private space to charge your stuff and have some peace, it's not a bad space. But it is extremely limited in terms of what it offers.
Old May 24, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Do any other *G lounges at EWR have showers besides the C120 UA Club?
Actually, my question is: does C120 club STILL have showers during renovation? I may need to use one early next week... If the showers are gone, no big deal, but would really be nice to be able to take a quick shower.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by radiowell
Actually, my question is: does C120 club STILL have showers during renovation? I may need to use one early next week... If the showers are gone, no big deal, but would really be nice to be able to take a quick shower.
It does. You may find the attendants on hiatus, however.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
It does. You may find the attendants on hiatus, however.
Thanks!
Old May 24, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum

When my wife and I had a long layover in EWR in January we did go to the LH Lounge. The sign at the door said that it opens at 1:30 PM. We did not have any problem going through security at Terminal B with an United boarding pass for a flight departing Terminal A. We just mentioned that we were going to the LH Lounge.

Our United flight was departing at 8:30 PM and in January the Lounge in Terminal A was closed and we dislike both United Lounges in Terminal C.

Considering that your flight departs at 3:00 PM, you don't really have the time to go to the LH Lounge as then you will have to take the transportation system to Terminal C and pass through security again.

Last time that we had a long layover in EWR and our United flight was departing from Terminal A, we did not bother going first to the LH Lounge as having to pass through security twice is a pain. And somehow the UC in Terminal A is more pleasant than the ones in Terminal C.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
MLL in A is new, but doesn't have alcohol or many other amenities. It's really a cleaner step down from the UC.
Old May 24, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Just reading a few pages of this thread and see that the UA Clubs at EWR are being remolded. Is there a recap anywhere which clubs and when? Thanks and Safe Travels..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.