Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See quite a few empty seats in the pictures. But I guess people just don't like to sit next to other people. And of course some people are rude and put their stuff into the empty chair next to them so no one will sit there.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
I was the only one in the C pop-up on a weekday morning around 7-8am last month. It was small but clean and the agents couldn't have been nicer. I'd imagine it would be pretty crowded in the PM when the heavies that go to Europe leave from those gates. A is also good but only worth it if you are flying UX.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by manstein58
The two big Uncle Charlie clubs-next to SBUX and by C70- are undergoing extensive renovation. Dumps. Crowded, dirty, few outlets, and dreadful restrooms. As close to Third World-Kandahar clubs as you can get. There is a "Pop Up" Club near C 123 with decent seating, not overcrowded, and lots of outlets- downsides are no bathrooms and no bar only beer and wine. Club in Terminal A is the nicest of a sad bunch. Bar, restrooms, light, outlets but you have to take a bus there. It's about ten minutes but worth it for a long layover. Downside is very limited food concessions outside A Club.
Nice write up.

Agree that the United Club in Terminal A is the best option now. Decent club, especially compared to the alternatives.

While the air-side concessions inside United's A terminal are pretty basic, there are some very good options land-side. It is now my go-to place if I need to grab a meal while at Newark.

The crappy OTG infestation has not made it to A terminal at all.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
A crowded, dingy dump. I went there today, took a leak, and decamped to the Pop Up Club which is clean, sunny, and uncrowded. No pissoirs but so different
In the PopUp Club now. Could use some windowshades
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
I was the only one in the C pop-up on a weekday morning around 7-8am last month. It was small but clean and the agents couldn't have been nicer. I'd imagine it would be pretty crowded in the PM when the heavies that go to Europe leave from those gates. A is also good but only worth it if you are flying UX.
No pissoirs no shades and NO GIN.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:36 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Went to the pop-up club before my ps flight on Tuesday morning.

Very clean and bright. Not crowded at all. The agents were absolutely the two best UC agents I have ever encountered.

And they have CANS of pop. ^
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Went to the pop-up club before my ps flight on Tuesday morning.

Very clean and bright. Not crowded at all. The agents were absolutely the two best UC agents I have ever encountered.

And they have CANS of pop. ^
Must have been Gloria and Diane. Always smiling, courteous, and, as my old man used to say, have a lot of Moxie
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:45 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Must have been Gloria and Diane. Always smiling, courteous, and, as my old man used to say, have a lot of Moxie
I think they were Barbara and Veronique. One was a GS agent.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I think they were Barbara and Veronique. One was a GS agent.
Off topic, but has anyone ever asked a GS agent how many gold scarves / ties they own?

David
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K *G; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Just tried the pop-up club for the first time and could not recommend it more. It's less crowded, has great ramp views and has little bottles of water you can stockpile if you have a long flight ahead of you. If you're bothered by the PA announcements and the lack of restrooms then this probably isn't for you, but to me it was a small price to pay.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:40 am
Suspended

It all depends on the time of day. If your getting close to late afternoon I'd avoid the C clubs because u wont find a seat...Stick with the one in A and allow time to make it to the gate.....but if u have a long layover def the Lufthansa club
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Anyone with recent experience using A gate security with a C gate boarding pass?

I would prefer to use A security and the A club, before taking the bus to C for my flight. Common sense says it shouldn't be a problem, but the stupid "blue coats" at the A gates tend to be a pain in the rear end....
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Anyone with recent experience using A gate security with a C gate boarding pass?

I would prefer to use A security and the A club, before taking the bus to C for my flight. Common sense says it shouldn't be a problem, but the stupid "blue coats" at the A gates tend to be a pain in the rear end....
You can go through security at A or C, regardless of your departure gate. Just say, "gate was changed" and you shouldn't have a problem. If you have PreCheck, be aware that the Pre-check line at A is closed more often than the one in C.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
You can go through security at A or C, regardless of your departure gate. Just say, "gate was changed" and you shouldn't have a problem. If you have PreCheck, be aware that the Pre-check line at A is closed more often than the one in C.
Thanks.

The mean-little-witch blue coat was working, so I covered the gate number with my finger... Didn't want to take any chances.

Safely enjoying the Terminal A club now...

Good weekend, everyone!
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
Originally Posted by eklapper
Just tried the pop-up club for the first time and could not recommend it more. It's less crowded, has great ramp views and has little bottles of water you can stockpile if you have a long flight ahead of you. If you're bothered by the PA announcements and the lack of restrooms then this probably isn't for you, but to me it was a small price to pay.
The restrooms are just outside. No BIG Deal, IMO!

But what's the deal with the constant announcements?
No dozing in this club!
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks.

The mean-little-witch blue coat was working, so I covered the gate number with my finger... Didn't want to take any chances.

Safely enjoying the Terminal A club now...

Good weekend, everyone!
Next time taker your recently acquired "Red Carpet" with you. That should do the trick!!^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.