Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Just reading a few pages of this thread and see that the UA Clubs at EWR are being remolded. Is there a recap anywhere which clubs and when? Thanks and Safe Travels..
Terminal A is already finished.

They will be remodeling the large club at 120 in stages. As indicated just above, they have put in temporary (basic) club space at 124 to help ease the crowding.

I don't think anything has been started at the other lounge in C yet...the one upstairs.
Old May 24, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Terminal A is already finished.

They will be remodeling the large club at 120 in stages. As indicated just above, they have put in temporary (basic) club space at 124 to help ease the crowding.

I don't think anything has been started at the other lounge in C yet...the one upstairs.
Thanks! That information helps me allot.. Safe Travels
Old May 24, 2017, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Just reading a few pages of this thread and see that the UA Clubs at EWR are being remolded.
Yep - after they remodel each club, they re-apply the mold so that it resembles the other clubs

David
Old May 25, 2017, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Last time that we had a long layover in EWR and our United flight was departing from Terminal A, we did not bother going first to the LH Lounge as having to pass through security twice is a pain.
The inter-terminal bus now stops at the pier in B that LH uses. I'm not sure that it picks up there, but it definitely drops ff there.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: AC SE
I having been searching the forum but cannot find a clear answer. Is there an airside connection between Terminals C and B? I have a three hours layover in Terminal C but would like to spend the time in the LH lounge in B3 as it looks much nicer.

The EWR website does not make it very clear what the connection options are between the terminals...
Old May 26, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasdou
I having been searching the forum but cannot find a clear answer. Is there an airside connection between Terminals C and B? I have a three hours layover in Terminal C but would like to spend the time in the LH lounge in B3 as it looks much nicer.

The EWR website does not make it very clear what the connection options are between the terminals...
Yes, you can get off at B3. I don't know if you can get on there to go to other terminals (as I have never gone there. I do know the bus stops there, though).
Old May 26, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Yes, you can get off at B3. I don't know if you can get on there to go to other terminals (as I have never gone there. I do know the bus stops there, though).
According to the Travel Information EWR map there is a bus airside that stops at C1 (Gate 71 ), B3, B1 and A2.
Old May 26, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasdou

There are sometimes airport staff posted at the stairs to the busses who ask to see BP for a gate in terminal A or B. You may have to explain you want to go to the lounge in B, and you are aware your flight is in C.

The alternative is to re-clear security.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by radiowell
Actually, my question is: does C120 club STILL have showers during renovation? I may need to use one early next week... If the showers are gone, no big deal, but would really be nice to be able to take a quick shower.
Originally Posted by fumje
It does. You may find the attendants on hiatus, however.
Just report back that there are indeed showers operational at the C120 club. Now hoping that the showers still remain operational when I really need them for my next trip in a few weeks...
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
UC Club near Gate 124

Checked the Club out this morning (thanks to this thread) and was surprised to find, 1) it looks very nice (old UA photos, good furniture/tables layout, etc.) and 2) I was one of only 2 people there at 6:30am! Good thing to note is that without a bartender, beer/drinks are available self service from a fridge. Also, no water dispensers; instead, they have small bottles of water, which you can take with you to avoid having to buy water in the airport. Only potential downside is that it's not quiet (are any UC's really quiet?), since, as a temp facility, the walls don't go all the way to the ceiling, and you can clearly hear nearby gate and general announcements. I would definitely recommend this UC for anyone in C-3, or even C-2 if you have time and it's overcrowded there.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Pictures of UC near Gate 124

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Thank you for the pictures.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat, UA Club, Marriott/SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Amex Plat
Quick question--mods feel free to move if there is a better place.

I'm flying into EWR (SFO red eye->BOS->EWR) next week. I don't get to NYC a lot and I am fairly unfamiliar with EWR.

I have some mid-day meetings and would like to take a shower on arrival rather than pay an extra night in a hotel for the morning arrival.

I'm in first (don't think it matters) whole itinerary, have a UC membership, and a priority pass from AMXP.

Also not opposed to paying for a shower at a better facility.

What are my options? Lounge Buddy is showing the UC in Terminal C. Does this still hold true? Easy to grab a shower or long wait (arrival around 9am)? Better/other options?

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lt Plt
There are sometimes airport staff posted at the stairs to the busses who ask to see BP for a gate in terminal A or B. You may have to explain you want to go to the lounge in B, and you are aware your flight is in C.

You can go from terminal C to B without having to clear security and used the LH lounge (smaller and better that UC). But if you want to go back to terminal C, yo have to exit the terminal, take the AirTran and re-clear security.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)

In my experience, most of the time this person will not let you on the bus unless you have a terminal A or terminal B boarding pass, despite explanation.

If I happen to land in A, then I'll show the bus person there at the top of the stairs my C boarding pass... then at the bottom get on the bus headed to B for LH club (only worth it for long layovers).

For my next 8 hour Newark layover, I may be headed to the EWR Marriott instead of the LH lounge though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.